All things Dundee FC

[emoji38] we were all over Hibs, had a penalty go unnoticed and you should have had a red card to boot.
We were just unlucky and that's all it came down to. 
A red card? For Mcnulty? He literally doesn't touch him having just been rugby tackled. You can tell by McGowans reaction that there's no contact.

If anyone gets cited from that game it's going to be Wright for his knee to Milligans head.

Beyond the four goals Hibs did score, they also missed about 4 chances where a pass to someone unmarked in the middle of the box would have lead to a much clearer chance that you'd expect to score.

Unlucky yer absolute hole. Dundee were okay going forward (scored 2 very decent goals) but could not remotely cope with players getting behind their full backs or the movement of Kamberi and Mcnulty.

4 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I don't know about that. Obsessed Arab with an account on here and TDB? Jeezo. 

Okay Crawford, just make sure you don't go posting homophobic or racist posts then come back apologising blaming losing your job on why you posted, then beg everyone for a job. 

That wasn't a good look.

Just now, Dele said:

Okay Crawford, just make sure you don't go posting homophobic or racist posts then come back apologising blaming losing your job on why you posted, then beg everyone for a job. 

That wasn't a good look.

The f**k are you even on about? :lol:

19 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Jim McIntyre - "wur boys wur unlucky"

When you set the bar that high, I guess Heckinbotham doesnt have a chance.................................

Wasn't meaning his accent, as I'd agree McIntyre doesn't sound too clever, was more the content of his interviews pre match and after as I was driving made me question his intelligence and thought if I was a Hibs  fan listening to that I'm not sure I'd be overly confident in him

5 minutes ago, Crawford said:

The f**k are you even on about? :lol:

Apologies, it was racism. It was homophobic abuse and that depression and ADHD are just made up illnesses that a good slap wouldn't sort out. 

Again, I wholly apologise for making you out to be a racist.

Anyway, that's all in the past now. Hopefully your views have changed I can go back to posting about Dundee.

45 minutes ago, srw said:

Scottish football is struggling to move into the modern era, we still overly value running about a lot over skill.

Weird how this line is always trotted out by fans of clubs who are struggling.

29 minutes ago, ravabelli said:

Wasn't meaning his accent, as I'd agree McIntyre doesn't sound too clever, was more the content of his interviews pre match and after as I was driving made me question his intelligence and thought if I was a Hibs  fan listening to that I'm not sure I'd be overly confident in him

what.png.28b771af19b3e02800bc08104bf7fd95.png

24 minutes ago, Dele said:

Apologies, it was racism. It was homophobic abuse and that depression and ADHD are just made up illnesses that a good slap wouldn't sort out. 

Again, I wholly apologise for making you out to be a racist.

Anyway, that's all in the past now. Hopefully your views have changed I can go back to posting about Dundee.

Get help mate. Not a clue what you are on about.

A red card? For Mcnulty? He literally doesn't touch him having just been rugby tackled. You can tell by McGowans reaction that there's no contact.

If anyone gets cited from that game it's going to be Wright for his knee to Milligans head.

Beyond the four goals Hibs did score, they also missed about 4 chances where a pass to someone unmarked in the middle of the box would have lead to a much clearer chance that you'd expect to score.

Unlucky yer absolute hole. Dundee were okay going forward (scored 2 very decent goals) but could not remotely cope with players getting behind their full backs or the movement of Kamberi and Mcnulty.
By the letter of the law it is a red. It doesn't matter if he touches him or not the intent is there.

20 minutes ago, Father Dougal McGuire said:

Surprised McIntyre played Jesse Curran. I Would rate him the same as the rest of McCaan’s duds who he took one look at told them to piss off

Thought Curran was better than Dales. Dales is full of running but has little to no end product. Curran's delivery last night was excellent.

Just now, Fifespud said:

Some of this stuff is just depressing.

Even though we lost I think it was still an impressive performance.

Firmly believe if Kusunga was hooked and that negated the second goal the whole game would change.

Mental strength was there. Movement was great. I enjoyed watching the match bar the losing part.

Dundee seem to be unlucky, or just need a break, or almost a team, or about to kick on for a couple of years now. Its getting tiresome and predictable.
Scottish football is struggling to move into the modern era, we still overly value running about a lot over skill.
Craig Curran tries hard, but is a pretty damn poor player, he has played 8 times, and has no goals, he played 16 games for Utd in a lower league, and only scored 3 goals. So with 16 starts, and 8 sub appearances this season, he has 3 goals, thats worse than Moussa. Andy Dales is the same, he looks like another Deacon, albeit an interested one, 17 starts, 9 sub appearances and only 1 goal. McCann lowered the bar so low that these two players are highly rated.
Im not disheartened by last nights game, I thought we did reasonably OK, apart from Kusunga being Kusunga, Woods being a pedestrian and Dieng flogging a couple of goals. We badly need Hamilton and St Mirren to struggle for the next month, because we wont pick up many, if any points.
Fans swing from hate to love too quickly, the plaudits for McIntyre recently have been OTT IMO, lets judge him at the split, and then at the end of the season.

Nobody is claiming Craig Curran is a world beater but he’s made a massive difference to our team and he’s miles and miles better than Moussa, not even close. Nelson has popped in a few goals and a lot of them down to the work rate of Curran.

Dales looks pretty mediocre to me but his attitude and work rate are fantastic in comparison to Deacon.

As for running about, no team runs about as much as Liverpool and they are currently top of the EPL. I’d say you can have all the skill in the world but without the right work rate (running about a lot) you’ll win f**k all in the modern game.

I know a lot of our fans are on the fence re Jim Mac - in part because he played for the DABs, he was sacked by County and his relationship with the jug eared c**t - but if you look beyond that he’s done really well. He took over an incredibly mediocre squad, totally unbalanced and devoid of confidence. He’s got rid of 11 and replaced them with another 11 and the difference is night and day.

Judge him when you want but I’m just going to say it - there’s no chance we are going down.

1 hour ago, Father Dougal McGuire said:

Surprised McIntyre played Jesse Curran. I Would rate him the same as the rest of McCaan’s duds who he took one look at told them to piss off

He wasn't too bad last night and won the free kick for last Saturday but other than that I'd agree. I assume he's on a relatively cheap wage so there wasn't much of an issue for keeping him on. 

22 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Judge him when you want but I’m just going to say it - there’s no chance we are going down.

I think we're getting ahead of ourselves. Like I said earlier we're clearly improved but we're still only ahead of the play off spot on goal difference. Until we start pulling wins out the bag whilst Hamilton and St Mirren don't gain any ground there's no way we can say we're definitely not getting relegated. If Livingston had been awarded that penalty last week the mood on here would be a lot different and I doubt anyone would feel confident enough to say we're definitely not going down. 

I get that the what ifs could include us scoring that penalty against Kilmarnock and Hamilton not equalising last on but I hope you get my point.

By the letter of the law it is a red. It doesn't matter if he touches him or not the intent is there.
Is it? You can tell that how? Given that he is falling over backwards having been rugby tackled.

The ref is 10 yards away looking directly at it from an angle we can't see from TV. I don't think he touched him. And it's pretty hard to look at intent from the pictures seen given how he's falling.

Wright is way more likely to be cited than Mcnulty imo.

Must admit don't fully get the Martin Woods hate. He's not a world beater, but gives us a bit of dig, his corners aren't the worst. It's just his free-kicks that are a bit pish, other than that he's a decent reliable option.

Edited by Ludo*1

Must admit don't fully get the Martin Woods hate. He's not a world beater, but gives us a bit of dig, his corners aren't the worst. It's just his free-kicks that are a bit pish, other than that he's a decent reliable option.

I think he’s a reasonably good option at the moment but I wouldn’t want us to continue with him next year (regardless which division we are in). I agree he doesn’t seem to shirk a challenge, he wins a fair bit in the air and can retain possession quite well.
But he is limited, most of his completed passes are sideways or backwards. He isn’t particularly mobile either. If we are playing against an athletic midfield he’ll be 2nd best.
We need to be looking for better IMO.
I don’t think he’s bad, just that we should be looking for someone better in the starting 11. I’d be happy to keep him as squad player/ benchwarmer.