All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I liked the look of O'Sullivan when he came on, had to cut inside all the time because he only has a right foot.

Agree with this. Was putting in a few more incisive balls in comparison to Dales but would not criticise his performance either as he put in a great amount of work and was undone by a wonder save! 

We may look better, but I don't think we're capable of cutting out the daft mistakes and because of that we're never going to pull away from St Mirren and Hamilton.  I reckon it's going to go until the last game of the season and it's going to be fucking brutal.

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Thought McIntyre has this all sussed out and we are fine ? Or are we still going to blame McCann for being so poor?
Nelson not playing again shows how bad we need him... sure this has happened before where we depend on certain players before we fall apart.

Defence we know are bad we just need to out score the opposition. Tonight unfortunately the other team are much better at the scoring game

I dont think the score line was a true reflection of the game tonight G.

Kusunga was the only real weak link tonight. If we had a competent centre half in there instead, it would of been a different story. 

We look so much better going forward, even without Nelson.

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

We conceded 4. I havnt seen any of the game. Will do tomoro as up early so wont tonight. But 4 goals we conceded we cant just blame 1 player surely?
I wont judge the manager until end of season but we badly needed a centre half in January ame he brought in a player who was injury prone.... now we are desperate for an injury prone to potentially save our season ?

Yes. 

6 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I dont think the score line was a true reflection of the game tonight G.

Kusunga was the only real weak link tonight. If we had a competent centre half in there instead, it would of been a different story. 

The keeper flogged more than Kusunga did tonight.

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

We conceded 4. I havnt seen any of the game. Will do tomoro as up early so wont tonight. But 4 goals we conceded we cant just blame 1 player surely?
I wont judge the manager until end of season but we badly needed a centre half in January ame he brought in a player who was injury prone.... now we are desperate for an injury prone to potentially save our season ?

Not trying to be snide, but comment after you've actually watched the game rather than making sweeping statements then?

I'm not fully behind McIntyre but we looked a different beast tonight. Slack at the back, yes (largely because of Kusunga) but I'd happily be relegated watching performances like tonight as opposed to the usual guff we've witnessed for the best part of 18 month.

Just now, Dele said:

Thats bollocks.

He pulled off a cracking save just before the 3rd and got his finger tips to a superb strike for the 4th. He also pulled off a couple of great stops.

To say Dieng was more at fault than Kusunga is just shite.

3 minutes ago, Dele said:

Think that's harsh. Kusunga was taken out the game for the third, wholly responsible for the 1st and arguably was at fault for McNulty having a tap in for the second.

Dieng was caught completely unaware with the last goal, I'd need to see it again. The third wouldn't have been an issue if Kusunga wasn't walked past. 

Edited by Ludo*1

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

Fair point. Am I wrong in suggesting about our defence is going to cost us ?

Kasunga might. But we are a much better team now. I wasn't a big fan of the McIntyre appointment but he has brought in some good players who all seem to want to fight for each other. Even at 4-1 down I felt we had goals in us. They never gave up and I haven't seen that for a long time.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Think that's harsh. Kusunga was taken out the game for the third, wholly responsible for the 1st and arguably was at fault for McNulty having a tap in for the second.

Dieng was caught completely unaware with the last goal, I'd need to see it again. The third wouldn't have been an issue if Kusunga wasn't walked past. 

The third hes palmed one way and dived the other. Kusunga wouldn't have been 'walked past' if McGowan tracked his runner. McGowan would have tracked his runner if Woods wasn't walkabout leaving McGowan trying to split two men. The blame lies with Dieng for three.

kusunga covered the goal, as any CH should for the second. Should he follow McNulty and just leave the goal gaping for a cut back and open goal?

Completely unaware :lol: he's a goalkeeper watching a shot come at him from near 25 yards and pitifully attempts to save it.

Just now, Dele said:

The third hes palmed one way and dived the other. Kusunga wouldn't have been 'walked past' if McGowan tracked his runner. McGowan would have tracked his runner if Woods wasn't walkabout leaving McGowan trying to split two men. The blame lies with Dieng for three.

kusunga covered the goal, as any CH should for the second. Should he follow McNulty and just leave the goal gaping for a cut back and open goal?

Completely unaware :lol: he's a goalkeeper watching a shot come at him from near 25 yards and pitifully attempts to save it.

If you think Dieng was anywhere near as culpable as Kusunga then you're talking rubbish I'm afraid.