All things Dundee FC

What they going to do with him? Stick him on the end of a metal plough and get him to do the donkey work on their ruined pitches before summer reinstallment?
to be fair he would make a good club mascot fumbling around the place. certainly always played like he was wearing a large costume

3 hours ago, ah-dee said:

sure id read that. bbc really are shit

7 hours ago, ah-dee said:

im sure i read moussa had signed for partick thistle on the bbc but cant see anything onine now. did i make this?

That Manpreet guy changed his Twitter to look like the official Partick one and Photoshopped a pick of moussa signing. STV reported it as a real move, then realised they cocked up and got Manpreet banned from Twitter.

You could argue that either Ralph or Nelson could be sold for a packet yet. Both look like they could be top talents.
I think Jim Mac has performed a minor miracle so far and if we go down via the playoffs I genuinely would still want to give him another go next season.
Words you never thought you’d say but I’m warming to, and agreeing with DFC92 more and more as the days go by. I particularly agree re the style of play. This high intensity stuff is what I want to see. Who ever decided that passing it out from the back is proper, classy football I don’t know, but watching that sort of stuff makes my eyes bleed.

This. McIntyre is doing an excellent job. We’d be stranded if McCann was still in charge. We’ve got a chance now but if we do go down I’d stick with McIntyre too.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

That Manpreet guy changed his Twitter to look like the official Partick one and Photoshopped a pick of moussa signing. STV reported it as a real move, then realised they cocked up and got Manpreet banned from Twitter.

It wasn't even a good photoshop :lol:

65efa63b-f0af-4f34-b3a1-f01801427a65.png.e2b2469b964ab2c354979511bf99b548.png

If we went down why would we stick with McIntyre? The board have gave him plenty backing to bring in his players. So Jim has brought in his three mates plus other boys to keep us up. If we get relegated then surely he dosnt deserve to manage us ? If we finish 10th then he has did well. But if we got relegated that's crazy talk to keep the same person in charge.

However we are 10th and we are away to play another bottom half table team so should be straight forward home win this Friday which will get us a little away from the bottom two teams

On the 22nd of September we got humped 0-3 at Dens by Hibs, it was going on 6 or 7. We were not anywhere near them, never laid a glove on them. We had 2 shots in the entire game and Hibs 17.

We had played 6 matches and had not picked up a single point.

I couldn’t see where our next point was coming from and we were already 4 points behind St Mirren and 6 behind Hamilton.

This Friday’s match cannot be construed by anyone as a straightforward home win. The fact we feel we have a chance is a mark of our improvement.

I felt the first match we showed any improvement in was Motherwell away on November 3rd, ‘matchday 12’. We got beaten 2-1 after a cracking goal from Turnbull but MacIntyre was beginning to have an effect. We had averaged 0.25 points per match at that point after 12 games meaning we had our solitary win over Hamilton to our name.

In the next 9 games we picked up 6 points so at roughly 2 and a 1/2 the rate of the first 12. In the last 5 games we have picked up 8 points - another doubling of our points gathering tally to 1.6 points a game. We are now picking up points at nearly 7 times the rate we were under McCann. If we had amassed points at that rate all season we would be comfortable in 6th place.

To me this is a massive improvement.

We’ve made big investments and changes to our youth structure in the last couple of seasons and have Kerr Waddell doing well out on loan. Henvey and Scott have a chance.
You need a stable first team in a safe-ish league position before you start throwing in youth to have any expectations of success imo.

However is at fault for our youngsters lack of development, it is not MacIntyre.

It’s essential for clubs like ours to develop youngsters but comfortably staying in the league is the first priority.

If we finish 10th or higher, or win the playoff, I'm all for McIntyre.

If we are relegated, I would be open to trying somebody else, but I still wouldn't be averse to keeping him.

Some of McIntyre's decisions have been bad, but they are usually due to issues created by McCann. I feel it's unfair to lie some of the bad results in 2018 on him, as the team was so bad and had such low morale that it's hard to imagine anyone getting much better out of then. Bad subs and low depth happening because of a much-needed unload of either ineffective or incompatible players. Mistakes are inevitable regardless, and I think ever since McIntyre brought in what he could of his team we've been improved, more like teams in years past, not necessarily very good but good enough to stay up. I reckon if given time to fully deck out the squad in the summer, McIntyre can do us some good and perhaps turn us into a much better team in time.

Of course I'd be lying if I said I have full confidence just now, because I never do in this team, but I think McIntyre is doing a decent job in a tough situation, and this makeshift squad with only improve as it continues to play together. Let's just hope this slight optimism is justified.

14 minutes ago, Tour of the Terraces said:

We are 2 bloggers who travel around all the clubs in Scotland as part of our Tour. We write about our experiences at the club and analyse our day out, rating the visit.

Look to see what we said about YOUR club, Dundee F.C. when we attended Dens. 

Follow us on twitter : @tourotterraces

https://touroftheterraces.wordpress.com/2018/11/21/dundee-f-c-the-match-programme-8/

Click the link if you're a moron and want to give ad money to click bait wankers.

Good article but does the good ship Discovery a bit of a disservice a couple of times when they walk out the train station and spot "an old-skool frigate". They mention The City of Discovery later but I'm not sure they know that it refers to "the wooden ship".

We are 2 bloggers who travel around all the clubs in Scotland as part of our Tour. We write about our experiences at the club and analyse our day out, rating the visit.

Look to see what we said about YOUR club, Dundee F.C. when we attended Dens. 

Follow us on twitter : @tourotterraces

https://touroftheterraces.wordpress.com/2018/11/21/dundee-f-c-the-match-programme-8/

Good read, always interesting to hear how other people view the city and club beyond what’s happening on the pitch.

Just hope the stuff on the pitch improves enough to entice you back at some point...

7 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

Good read, always interesting to hear how other people view the city and club beyond what’s happening on the pitch.

Just hope the stuff on the pitch improves enough to entice you back at some point...

One of them's a Hibee and the other one's a sheep fiddler.