All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

The DAB post ratio has significantly fell once again.

Even Tree House Tam and Boredumguy have disappeared.

I've said before Granny Danger is nothing but a rotund shitebag and he's proved it again. Boredumguy has probably taken a recording of himself and on listening fell into a months deep sleep. As for Tree House Tam the wifi must be off in his old folks pavilion. 

Good times.

Thank you.

I'm here biggie, I'll always stop in pal.

1 hour ago, Yenitit said:

For what it’s worth regards McIntyre we’ve definitely improved under him however if we finish 10th it’s not any amazing feat or anything remotely close to it. I’d imagine we’ve probably gained 3 or 4 points on 10th place but fell further behind 9th points wise since he took over. Don’t get me wrong I’ll be delighted with 10th season but let’s not get ahead of ourselves and think it was some sort of miracle to overhaul Hamilton and St Mirren by the end of the season if we do.

To be fair to the guy I think his signings of Dieng, Horsfield, McGowan, Wright and Nelson all look good plus Dales has looked an improvement on what we had. Hopefully 5 of the 6th can be kept on permanently and I’d be contacting  Aberdeen to see what they want for Wright or if another loan deal is possible for next season.  

10th is acceptable, 9th would’ve had me thinking we’ve finally got the real deal in a manager. 

Agree with this - Aberdeen would never sell him to us but another loan deal for a season could do the boy wonders - like Christie with Celtic.

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

If we were to finish 11th or 12th and get relegated would you still keep the manager?

What did Madianga do wrong? For me regarding madianga he didn't do an awful lot wrong. Didn't really get a fair chance

Think you were a tad harsh on Ralph. He has been injured and came in and probably our best player right now , very consistent.

I think that's something you can only really answer objectively once you find yourself in that position and are able to judge the situation with hindsight. Personally speaking, then no, I'd probably look to move on from McIntyre in that scenario because it appears he was brought in and given the means to avoid that happening, therefore he has failed. Conversely, if we finish 10th or 11th and stay up, then it's hard to argue he hasn't fulfilled his brief and deserves to stay on.

As I said before, the only player punted in January I would have held on to was Madianga, if only because I think we're still a body short in central midfield, and he certainly didn't strike me as any worse than Woods and co. Difficult to say what went on there though. It's possible that with the other French speakers being punted that McIntyre thought he'd be the elephant in the room or wouldn't really cope, even if he felt he was up to it as a player. Perhaps he was cleared out purely to get him off the books so we could afford to loan Scott Wright or something. It's more complex than simply binning him for the sake of it.

The comments about Ralph were purely in the context that right at the beginning he didn't look entirely convincing, got injured and prompted questions about him being lightweight, and I've acknowledged that he's come on a lot since then and I have no problem at all with him playing in the side currently.

Oh, and in reply to @Yenitit, no, 10th isn't anything remotely resembling a feat or achievement, but I think you have to judge it in the context of where we were immediately before McIntyre came in. There were plenty on this board, myself included, who were saying back in September and October they'd bite your hand off right there and then for a guaranteed 10th. Irrespective of what hopes we had before the start of the season, you can't blame McIntyre for not scraping top 6 or something if that was your ambition in August, when he came into the club when we had 5 points in November or something. If you'd polled Dee fans in July I'm sure all would say 10th was a hugely 'meh' season, but not so if you polled them again at Christmas. On that note, one wee interesting thing to do might be to look at the end of the season, take all the points we earned since the new year break, and extrapolate that across a season. That might be a fairer way to judge McIntyre. If that would have us 7th or 8th in the hypothetical table, then I think that's a fairer reflection of the job he's done rather than just looking at 10th in the actual table and going 'meh'.

Edited by Boo Khaki

You could argue that either Ralph or Nelson could be sold for a packet yet. Both look like they could be top talents.
I think Jim Mac has performed a minor miracle so far and if we go down via the playoffs I genuinely would still want to give him another go next season.
Words you never thought you’d say but I’m warming to, and agreeing with DFC92 more and more as the days go by. I particularly agree re the style of play. This high intensity stuff is what I want to see. Who ever decided that passing it out from the back is proper, classy football I don’t know, but watching that sort of stuff makes my eyes bleed.

I think the picture with the development/reserve team has been a bit skewed recently. We were signing an awful lot of 18/19 year old big laddies from down south, probably with a view to them being more like fringe first teamers, and cuffing other sides' 16 and 17 year olds. At least, that was the impression I got.

18 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm genuinely not getting the McIntyre love. Do I think his signings have been better than McCann's? Very debatable, but I think most would say Nelson is better than Kamara (McIntyre's best signing vs McCanns). 

Past couple of games results have improved, granted but as unlucky as we have been we have equally been lucky. Getting our first win under McIntyre in what 10 or so games against a side with 10 men for almost 70 minutes after going behind isn't making me want to hand him a mini warchest and new contract for next season.

Can we do worse than McIntyre? 100% yes. Can we do better? Well, we deserve to be in a constant relegation battle if we don't think we can IMO.

Remember we’ve had two managers who were so bad they are now unlikely ever to be given another chance of management at even a half decent level.  Hartley and McCann both proved to be brutal with the vast majority of their signings and even worse with their tactics.  Just before the end Hartley even admitted he couldn’t think of anything else to do with a team full of his signings.  

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:

Yet Hartley did get us promoted and a top 6 finish. Something many managers couldn't do for 10 year ( get us promoted that is ). However yes after we lost our main 2 players he was fucked.

Just shows you how important quality forwards are to a team.  Just a shame Hartley and McCann didn’t know that and both thought Moussa was the answer.  

29 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Harsh blaming Hartley for Moussa.

You can pin Haber on him, but then Haber actually did ok for the most part while Hartley was still manager. Haber's downing of the tools happened once McCann arrived.

My bad.  Why does it feel like Moussa was with us for about 5 years? :lol:

3 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Oh, and in reply to @Yenitit, no, 10th isn't anything remotely resembling a feat or achievement, but I think you have to judge it in the context of where we were immediately before McIntyre came in. There were plenty on this board, myself included, who were saying back in September and October they'd bite your hand off right there and then for a guaranteed 10th. Irrespective of what hopes we had before the start of the season, you can't blame McIntyre for not scraping top 6 or something if that was your ambition in August, when he came into the club when we had 5 points in November or something. If you'd polled Dee fans in July I'm sure all would say 10th was a hugely 'meh' season, but not so if you polled them again at Christmas. On that note, one wee interesting thing to do might be to look at the end of the season, take all the points we earned since the new year break, and extrapolate that across a season. That might be a fairer way to judge McIntyre. If that would have us 7th or 8th in the hypothetical table, then I think that's a fairer reflection of the job he's done rather than just looking at 10th in the actual table and going 'meh'.

Definitely a fair suggestion to look at his results from January onwards at the end of the season but you can’t just forget about such abject performances under his tenure from the middle of October. Team selection, tactics and substitutions have been baffling in his time up until very recently. Has it taken an injury to Hamilton for him to be replaced? The guy was flogging goal after goal and causing no end of problems with his kicking but played week in week out with imo a better keeper in Parish on the bench. Yeah Parish was to blame for 2 of the goal’s down at Livingston in his 1st game but so was Boyle and he played most games under McIntyre. Woods must take about 90% of our set pieces, most of which are woeful at best yet Wright sticks his 1st attempt in the top corner from 25 yards . Why isn’t he on the set pieces all the time as according to Nelson he was doing the same in training on Friday. Lots of wee things niggling away at me tbh. Not playing Kamara or Madianga before O’Dea in midfield and getting pumped out the cup by Queen Of The South costing the club a lot of money was madness and another example.

Yeah there’s been improvement but I’m still not 100% convinced. I wouldn’t be jumping the gun beyond a 1 year rolling contract as you never know who might become available in the summer. 

Perfectly fair to scrutinise his decisions in the bad times as well as the good, and I'm not meaning to imply I think it's been a constant improvement in every regard since he came in.

Like I said, I was one of the ones seriously questioning him after he lost his first four in charge, but in hindsight I don't think I actually appreciated just how poor that McCann assembled squad was. I genuinely think we'd have struggled with that team if you'd been allowed to hand-pick any manager on the planet to manage them, that's how dreadful they truly were.

About the cup. Well yes, more income never hurts, and it's always nice as a fan to have a wee cup run going. However, given that we're realistically operating with a squad of about 15 players, I'm not sure if perhaps forgoing an extra two or three games in the cup might be a blessing come April/May when we're still having to slog out results in the league. If we lost a couple of players getting pumped by Celtic in a cup quarter or having to grind through a couple of replays, that could be the difference between a reasonably comfortable 10th, and disappearing down to the Championship for another god knows how long. Nice League Cup run early next season would be good. It's been far too long.

Edited by Boo Khaki

If Jim Mac ever reads this he’d be thinking ‘see if a vacancy comes up at St Johnstone, Motherwell, Killie I’m fucking taking it’ - and who could blame him. He played Parrish and he made a James Hunt of it, as for Hamilton’s mystery injury - very convenient. He got rid of Boyle and Innis - both a pair of donkeys. He’s replaced Cammy Kerr. He’s permanently signed 2 strikers miles better than what we had. I think we should lay off him a bit. No Wonder our home form is much worse than our away - Dens is a tough gig.

22 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

If Jim Mac ever reads this he’d be thinking ‘see if a vacancy comes up at St Johnstone, Motherwell, Killie I’m fucking taking it’ - and who could blame him. He played Parrish and he made a James Hunt of it, as for Hamilton’s mystery injury - very convenient. He got rid of Boyle and Innis - both a pair of donkeys. He’s replaced Cammy Kerr. He’s permanently signed 2 strikers miles better than what we had. I think we should lay off him a bit. No Wonder our home form is much worse than our away - Dens is a tough gig.

Not to mention ACTUALLY HAVING WINGERS who want to run at opposition and create. Both alot better then Curran & Deacon.

Dales looks handy just needs to work on a final shot whilst Wright is quality.

Thank you.

Edited by Dundee-FC92

I like the way he has got together a "quick fix" full of fair quality loan deals to haul us back up the table and then in summer with so many out of contract, he can take his time to build a team for next season (hopefully in the Prem). Of players he has already signed up for next season, it looks like we have something that is gold dust in Nelson, a striker that scores regularly. 

He will have my full backing next season if we stay up.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Voicing an opinion online doesn’t mean you go to Dens and get tore into players. I go to all the home games and probably around 2/3rds of the away games and the support is pretty much the same sitting in the Derry as opposed to being in an away stand around the country. Might be different in the Coxy or in the Main Stand I don’t know because I’m never in those ends.  He’s not getting a hard time, doesn’t mean his decisions can’t be scrutinised by Dundee fans on here tho.  

Yeah things have improved but not to the point where I’d be committing to him. Doubt he’d be a target of any of the club’s you mentioned to be honest. 7 points from the next 5 games and I might change my mind tho!

Edited by Yenitit

2 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

im sure i read moussa had signed for partick thistle on the bbc but cant see anything onine now. did i make this?

Someone did the most obvious of photoshops yet the BBC still managed to post it as an actual story.