All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, RossDee01 said:

You signed Osman Sow to play in the reserves?

Eh? No the plan is to get promoted by improving the first team squad. Fielding a strong reserve team of guys who aren't currently in the first team is simply a by-product of that.

2 hours ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

If that's genuinely Uniteds reserve team they must be leaking money at an alarming rate given that half of that team are probably on top division wages. Big gamble on coming back up. 

The new owner's happy to put his hand in his pocket to give the club a much needed boost. No doubt that won't always be the case and we'll be expected to become self sufficient at some point but I don't think that needs to happen immediately. He's deliberately building the club up and that requires upfront investment.

The most significant changes have been behind the scenes in building up the infrastructure. That says to me that this is a longer term plan. If we fail this season and next then he might have second thoughts but really you could argue that it's more of a gamble trying to get back up on the cheap. We could be stuck down here indefinitely with that sort of approach.

I'm sure many, particularly on this thread, will view the above as naive. Time will tell.

28 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Did anyone know Jack Hamilton was out injured? I thought McIntyre was playing dieng because he knew Hamilton was shite.

I think he's out with a hand/finger injury. 

To be fair to McIntyre, he's far better than Hartley and McCann at identifying weak spots in the team and resolving them. I'm certain a fully fit Hamilton would still be second fiddle to Dieng. He's looked our best keeper in a good while IMO, with the exception of Arvid Schenck, obvz.

17 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

Eh? No the plan is to get promoted by improving the first team squad. Fielding a strong reserve team of guys who aren't currently in the first team is simply a by-product of that.

The new owner's happy to put his hand in his pocket to give the club a much needed boost. No doubt that won't always be the case and we'll be expected to become self sufficient at some point but I don't think that needs to happen immediately. He's deliberately building the club up and that requires upfront investment.

The most significant changes have been behind the scenes in building up the infrastructure. That says to me that this is a longer term plan. If we fail this season and next then he might have second thoughts but really you could argue that it's more of a gamble trying to get back up on the cheap. We could be stuck down here indefinitely with that sort of approach.

I'm sure many, particularly on this thread, will view the above as naive. Time will tell.

I’d say your being naive. Your club just announced its annual accounts and they are effectively running at a loss of £30 000 per week. The only reason the overall loss was only 220k was because of getting £1million in for transfers and sell on clauses plus selling Gussie Park for £450 000. Right now your club must be losing a fortune each week with 10 new signings and 2 new members of the background team. I’d say you’ll desperately need promotion this season incase the new owner loses interest.  The only potential sell-on deals you’s now have I’d imagine was for the 2 Souttars and the young boy who went to Brentford but I wouldn’t be banking on making much out of any of them.  

To be honest I’m worried at how my club will cope financially if we go down. Should be ok the 1st season with the parachute payment but I’m not sure where the money comes from if we don’t get back up at the 1st time of asking. I dread the thought that we would have to raise £1.45million  through player sales and property sales to allow us to only lose 220k each season and that’s why I think we have to move stadium to generate outside income but I highly doubt that’ll happen. 

Edited by Yenitit

I see the financial wizards are out in force again.
Pity you didn't spend more time on the financial mismanagement at Dens. You probably could have prevented your club almost going to the wall. Twice.

That’s right, because all Dundee P&B posters are actively involved in the running of the finances within Dundee FC. When it came down to it, like you said yourself, the fans saved the club twice. Now off you pop back to the fundesliga section, you’ll get a nosebleed up here.

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

That’s right, because all Dundee P&B posters are actively involved in the running of the finances within Dundee FC. When it came down to it, like you said yourself, the fans saved the club twice. Now off you pop back to the fundesliga section, you’ll get a nosebleed up here.

Did the fans compensate the local businesses you shafted?

Shameless c***s!

10 minutes ago, Ralphies_Chip said:

No. A big boy did it and ran away.

Shameless c***s!

Don't get promotion this year and I'm sure all of United's creditors will be glad to hear your standpoint on corporate debt and come to you for full and exact payment.

Dafty dayglos :lol:

5 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

So nothing to do with the fans then as you initially indicated?

No absolutely nothing to do with the fans who raised thousands of pounds for the company who shafted several local businesses twice, but overlooked the aforementioned local businesses...

Nothing to see here.