All things Dundee FC

Just now, Fifespud said:

It depends who we can pick up Cammy and Curran (seeing as they’re youngish) and Kusunga are the only ones I’d be even thinking about keeping.

If we could offload Hamilton, I'd like to see Parish retained as back-up. I'd be keeping Cammy and Curran. McGowan is a good squad player. We underrate him, it wasn't long ago St Johnstone were trying to poach him. I reckon we can do better than Kusunga, O'Dea and Woods though. Kusunga often plays like a great CH but he makes goal costing mistakes on the regular.

51 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

If we could offload Hamilton, I'd like to see Parish retained as back-up. I'd be keeping Cammy and Curran. McGowan is a good squad player. We underrate him, it wasn't long ago St Johnstone were trying to poach him. I reckon we can do better than Kusunga, O'Dea and Woods though. Kusunga often plays like a great CH but he makes goal costing mistakes on the regular.

There is no way St Johnstone will try to sign Paul McGowan again.  His legs have  gone.

Ideally a squad player should be almost to the same level of the first team players.  Is there anyone on this forum thinks McGowan was even remotely as good as any of the starting 11 against Kilmarnock?

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

So if I'm right ( probably not ) we only have 7 players left if every player who contract was up in summer were let go ?

I think the only players we have contracted past the end of the season are Meekings, Ngwatala, Ralph, Mendy, Miller, Davies, Hamilton, Craig Curran and Nelson.  We also have a year option on Gowser, Kusunga and Madianga (although that's obviously not going to happen).

13 minutes ago, doogster said:

I think the only players we have contracted past the end of the season are Meekings, Ngwatala, Ralph, Mendy, Miller, Davies, Hamilton, Craig Curran and Nelson.  We also have a year option on Gowser, Kusunga and Madianga (although that's obviously not going to happen).

Three of them arent at the club thankfully.

20 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Right, so we have several players out of contract in the summer:

Elliot Parish, Cammy Kerr, Genseric Kusunga, Darren O'Dea, Martin Woods, Paul McGowan (Although option of a further year) and Jesse Curran.

ETA: Updated Squad List here:

Check this for contract statuses.

16 hours ago, Dele said:

There is absolutely no reason to be keeping Cammy Kerr. He was never good enough and has regressed, amazingly.

Difficult to disagree with this, but he's still relatively young, and it could be that a change of manager and him not having to play every single week irrespective of injury or loss of form simply because we don't have another fullback, might be what he needs to get back on track. I'm edging toward him simply lacking enough ability though.

Edited by Boo Khaki

Sorry but I wouldn't be keeping  Cammy either. If we did it would feel like it was for purely sentimental reasons and the vast, vast majority of the squad that started the season showed that they're not good enough. If we want to make progress and become a team not dancing with relegation then we need to be ruthless with who to get rid of. 

By following that logic and not being a hypocrite I'd be getting rid of Gowser too. And yes it did hurt my heart to say that. 

Edited by Louis Litt

1 minute ago, Louis Litt said:

Sorry but I wouldn't be keeping  Cammy either. If we did it would feel like it was for purely sentimental reasons and the vast, vast majority of the squad that started the season showed that they're not good enough. If we want to make progress and become a team not dancing with relegation then we need to be ruthless with who to get rid of. 

By following that logic and not being a hypocrite I'd be getting rid of Gowser too. And yes it did hurt my heart to say that. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we moved for both, if you did allow them to leave.

Absolutely wouldn't be getting rid of Cammy. He won't be on a great wage and he's a better rotational option that most have in the league. We need to build a squad to be successful, not just a key starting 11 and I think people don't recognise that sometimes. Same goes with Gowser.

I wouldn't be surprised if we moved for both, if you did allow them to leave.

I feel this is one of those situations where if we let Cammy go and St Johnstone took him, they’d give him his confidence back and he’d improve immeasurably. Tommy Wright seems to be able to reinvigorate players (Shaughnessy, Watt, Kennedy, Swanson, Craig) to name more than a few. We would then be scratching our heads as to why we ever let him go.

The boy needs confidence. I wonder how much the responsibility of being Vice Captain had on him last year as since then he has regressed. Although his form has dipped I’d be keeping Cammy.

Gowser can get to f**k though. He’s been average at best for the last two seasons and is past it. Couldn’t help but notice him screaming at Dieng after the Hamilton goal the other week too. Passion is good but needless screaming when someone makes an error will lead the new boys into shiting themselves whenever they get the ball.

Thank You.