All things Dundee FC

Woods is shite. I’m slightly encouraged that he only got a deal to the end of the season. I’m warmer to JM than most but if he genuinely continues to pick Woods over better players in the squad that’s going to be a bit of a problem.

how many players have captained this team this season? there seems to be a real lack of leadership in this squad which is concerning. if we are going to have the bottle to get out of this relegation battle we need leaders to stand up and push us on

I'm concerned about Nelson. He was an absolute beast in the first 15 minutes against Motherwell, totally terrorised their defence, a goal was coming. Then he takes the injury. Bad one, looked concussed. Played on, but never kicked a ball again. Doesn't start next 2 games.  I'm concerned !

9 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Hadenius? Never spotted that. 

Yup Hadenius lost his composure. When Andreu got the ball out wide Hadenius simply raced back towards the goal mouth area which we already  had well defended with Dieng and 3 other players. Not only did he vacate the space necessary for Mackinnon to walk into Hadenius never even looked back until the pass was made at which time he turned around to see the thug shooting the ball from the place that he had just vacated.

Situational awareness lacking, but only his first game so let us hope it doesn't become a trend. Anyways just another garbage goal to concede in a season of shite.

2 hours ago, CanadianDee said:

Yup Hadenius lost his composure. When Andreu got the ball out wide Hadenius simply raced back towards the goal mouth area which we already  had well defended with Dieng and 3 other players. Not only did he vacate the space necessary for Mackinnon to walk into Hadenius never even looked back until the pass was made at which time he turned around to see the thug shooting the ball from the place that he had just vacated.

Situational awareness lacking, but only his first game so let us hope it doesn't become a trend. Anyways just another garbage goal to concede in a season of shite.

Just watched the goal back on Sportscene. Think you’re being very harsh on the guy. He initially wins the ball off of number 16, then has a 50/50 with Miller which leads to the ball looping about 25 yards in behind him, Dieng has a nightmare when Horsfield appears to have the situation under control. Hadenius never raced back, barely gets above a jog. The guy racing back and vacating his area is Woods. 

The fault lies at Dieng I’m afraid. He deals with the ball in behind the defence or leaves it to Horsfield and we’ve as good as won that game. 

Edited by Yenitit

7 hours ago, Yenitit said:

Just watched the goal back on Sportscene. Think you’re being very harsh on the guy. He initially wins the ball off of number 16, then has a 50/50 with Miller which leads to the ball looping about 25 yards in behind him, Dieng has a nightmare when Horsfield appears to have the situation under control. Hadenius never raced back, barely gets above a jog. The guy racing back and vacating his area is Woods. 

The fault lies at Dieng I’m afraid. He deals with the ball in behind the defence or leaves it to Horsfield and we’ve as good as won that game. 

There was blame to go around mate, and I should've made that clear in post. But you and I must be watching something different on video, Hadenius #28 clearly vacates the spot for MacKinnon to move into in order to move to move towards our goal mouth when there was no need to do so. Sure I'll agree with you he jogs back instead of races back, but the result is the same he needed to be holding his ground where he was and turning his head round looking for trailers, and that he didn't do.

I agree with DigOutYourSoul on his view of Hadenius' part to play in that goal. I also agree that other people contributed to the goal, but that with a little composure Hadenius could've cut that scoring opp out. 

Whatever the case it was a real kick in the plums.

5 hours ago, CanadianDee said:

There was blame to go around mate, and I should've made that clear in post. But you and I must be watching something different on video, Hadenius #28 clearly vacates the spot for MacKinnon to move into in order to move to move towards our goal mouth when there was no need to do so. Sure I'll agree with you he jogs back instead of races back, but the result is the same he needed to be holding his ground where he was and turning his head round looking for trailers, and that he didn't do.

I agree with DigOutYourSoul on his view of Hadenius' part to play in that goal. I also agree that other people contributed to the goal, but that with a little composure Hadenius could've cut that scoring opp out. 

Whatever the case it was a real kick in the plums.

Definitely a kick in the plums! Still think it’s harsh to criticise Hadenius. Maybe the centrehalfs facing the play should’ve been talking to him making him aware where the likes of MacKinnon was, I’d certainly be expecting them too and they should be. Woods went charging into an area that he didn’t need to be. 2 or 3 others more culpable at the goal than Hadenius but hey-ho it’s all about opinions. 

Edited by Yenitit

Definitely a kick in the plums! Still think it’s harsh to criticise Hadenius. Maybe the centrehalfs facing the play should’ve been talking to him making him aware where the likes of MacKinnon was, I’d certainly be expecting them too and they should be. Woods went charging into an area that he didn’t need to be. 2 or 3 others more culpable at the goal than Hadenius but hey-ho it’s all about opinions. 

I’m hopeful that this was a collection of errors from a group of players that barely knew each other’s names yet, rather than individual failings.

The fact we were that close to a clean sheet with so many making their debuts is a miracle.

It's a nice bit of movement (or rather lack thereof) by their player. He just checks his run. Anyone can be undone by a good bit of movement and a good finish. Particularly a new defence. 

We defend space as a team so not really worried about individual's positioning in this instance. Might be the fact he is part centre half had him jogging back there. It's not a terrible position to be in, just not the right one at that instant.

We'll get better at marking opportunities like that out as we get better at playing together.

Edited by The Algebraist

It was also an accurate strike by MacKinnon - a foot or so either side and it's past the post, blocked by the defender or saved by Dieng.

As soon as it was rolled back to him I knew it was in. One of those where I was directly behind and it just sat perfectly for him.

I feel it's fair to say their goal was more to do with the good shot than the lack of coverage by our players, even if the goalscorer was a hammer-throwing p***k who is just the poor man's poor man's Scott Brown. Considering this is a brand new team with very little experience together facing off against an entire team desperately trying to score at all costs (they changed to a 4-2-4 for crying out loud) I am so far impressed and hopeful for the future. And considering Killie's apparent struggles with fielding a strong forward pair right now through injury, and our recently improved defensive showings, I can't help but feel positive about tomorrow. Now watch us regress back to the usual and I proclaim I'm not going back for the 5th time this season.