All things Dundee FC

McIntyre is on a 1-year rolling contract. 

He's on a one year rolling contract, i,e, he always has a year left to go until we terminate it.

Had no idea I was under the impression he was a stop gap til the end of the season, although if he keeps us up I wouldn’t be averse to keeping him , in fact I’d even welcome it

Is that the busiest transfer window we’ve had? I’ve lost count. Was it 15 out and 12 in?

McIntyre has no excuses anyway. I just hope these fuckers can gel quickly. One of the good things is he seems to have identified players who have been playing regularly already this season. That will hopefully be more beneficial than if he had signed someone like Scott Allan again. Assuming the players he signed aren’t shite though. Otherwise I would have loved to have seen the chubby baller return only to play the last 15mins of a match and do some sexy cutbacks.

Guest My Brother Woody

Paying players off who are 6 months into 2 year contracts must be expensive.

Ridiculous amount of players in and out this year. Accounts for the year could be...eh...interesting.

Happy enough with signings today.

Edited by My Brother Woody

That was a busy final hour.

Don't think Mandianga was played as much as he should have been and had potential.

Out of Neil's signings I think Ralph is the only survivor. Mind you he is our only LB.

Anyone else think we are spread a bit thin now?

Edit - We can still sign free agents. Maybe another one or two in through free wages?

Edited by Crawford

Ridiculous amount of players in and out this year. Accounts for the year could be...eh...interesting.
Happy enough with signings today.

Kharl was a year with an option so not too bad but agree on Mendy and Elton. The amount of money the club must have wasted on paying off contracts in the last 3 years will be huge.

Remember, just because you've never heard of 95% of your signings, it doesn't mean they wont make you a better team.

I don't know if some of you are pining for jobbers who have played for every club in the top 2 tiers of the SPFL or what just because it's someone you've heard of,  but to say its a 'dreadful window' is bizarre. 

He done well for Carlisle and they rated him.
However you look at players like Sam Cosgrove. Was no very good them but yet up here he is doing well.
Ludo are you going to update our squad on here.
I'm starting to struggle to know who we have left and who leaves in the summer

They didn’t rate him on this forum [emoji4]

https://thecumbrians.net/index.php/cufc-forum/main-forum/8445-john-o-sullivan-leaves

9 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

What i got from it was they felt he was better than what he actually was and yet it got him a move to a team in a higher league.
Gary Dicker was meh at Carlisle yet having time of his life at killie.

Like every other signing time will tell.

My worry is next season when we basically need a whole new team, again.

I would imagine every one signed has an option. Even the loans.

You're not loaned out unless you are surplus to requirement really.

Edited by Crawford

Remember, just because you've never heard of 95% of your signings, it doesn't mean they wont make you a better team.
I don't know if some of you are pining for jobbers who have played for every club in the top 2 tiers of the SPFL or what just because it's someone you've heard of,  but to say its a 'dreadful window' is bizarre. 

I think the majority of dees are in agreement that’s it’s been quite a successful window. We certainly look stronger and have competition in most places all over the park now compared to the 1st January. The team we put out tomorrow will and should be miles better than the shite that played v St Mirren first game of the season.

Still short at the back as after all that.
Odea, Kasunga and McGowan for Centre half. Am I missing someone? 
Davies  is crocked and Jeffries not ready for this level. 

Seems to be a bit of confusion over where Andreas plays -

IMG_3940.jpg

If he is a centre back that makes more sense to me because we are defo short in that department.

2 hours ago, My Brother Woody said:

I'd imagine the money we got for Kamara would offset a chunk of that, depending on whether we got £45k or £100k.

I'd imagine the money we got for Kamara would offset a chunk of that, depending on whether we got £45k or £100k.
im hoping that keyes will be writting off this expensive clear out given that it was them that appointed McCann (embarrassingly begging him remember!) and them that sanctioned those long contracts. off course we dont need to worry about it happening again as our board learn from expensive mistakes.

i think its been a positive window anyway. every area we needed addressed has been. bomb scare GK has been replaced, competition accross the back 4 apart from LB, we have seen dales has flair and so does wright plus we have brought in more options up front.

IMO if either the new lads Robson or O'Sullivan can bring a bit of fight in to the middle of the park we will be fine this season.

McIntyre needs to get the team gelled pronto. as in yesterday! id be having a social night at dens for the players, their wives and all the staff. McGowans invitation would have been "lost in the post" though!

tomorrow will also be the first time this season we will have options from the bench!

5 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

im hoping that keyes will be writting off this expensive clear out given that it was them that appointed McCann (embarrassingly begging him remember!) and them that sanctioned those long contracts. off course we dont need to worry about it happening again as our board learn from expensive mistakes.

i think its been a positive window anyway. every area we needed addressed has been. bomb scare GK has been replaced, competition accross the back 4 apart from LB, we have seen dales has flair and so does wright plus we have brought in more options up front.

IMO if either the new lads Robson or O'Sullivan can bring a bit of fight in to the middle of the park we will be fine this season.

McIntyre needs to get the team gelled pronto. as in yesterday! id be having a social night at dens for the players, their wives and all the staff. McGowans invitation would have been "lost in the post" though!

tomorrow will also be the first time this season we will have options from the bench!

My biggest concern is a less than scrupulous team identifying our ONE and ONLY LB as a target, and, should a sporting injury occur, an easy way in.

My biggest concern is a less than scrupulous team identifying our ONE and ONLY LB as a target, and, should a sporting injury occur, an easy way in.
yeah thats the only position that doesnt have an obvious replacement but theres still options. its a disaster but kerr can cover LB or a shift to 352 with a deep defensive midfielder. that would stifle opponents. there is options within the squad

5 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
11 minutes ago, Crawford said:

yeah thats the only position that doesnt have an obvious replacement but theres still options. its a disaster but kerr can cover LB or a shift to 352 with a deep defensive midfielder. that would stifle opponents. there is options within the squad

McIntyre loved a 3-5-2 at county.

Fair enough actually that would work. Absolutely buzzing about tomorrow for the first time in a wee while.

Mon the Dee.