All things Dundee FC

4 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Can't see it if Benkovic is out for 6 weeks.

I know there's been a lot about Celtic but it feels like they always strengthen on deadline day. I wouldn't be surprised if things were different in a few hours.

1 minute ago, Crawford said:

Out of interest if anyone wants to bite and play along.

What is the all time worst Dundee starting XI

I think the worst strike force would be Moussa and Yordi up front together.

Moussa is nowhere close to a worst 11 IMO. He was probably one of the worst players we've had to play on a consistent basis in recently years but I think the likes of Colin Nish, Mark Stewart, Andy Barrowman, Don Cowan etc in the 2012 season would all rank worse.

The embarrassing thing as well is that even with Moussa, we were in a situation where just his effort and presence alone contributed more than any other out and out forward we had at points last season - even if he had zero composure in front of goal. It says a lot about some of the players we've had in recent years.

Out of interest if anyone wants to bite and play along.
What is the all time worst Dundee starting XI?
I think the worst strike force would be Moussa and Yordi up front together.

No. Jan Zemlik and Jani Sturm up top.

4 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Moussa is nowhere close to a worst 11 IMO. He was probably one of the worst players we've had to play on a consistent basis in recently years but I think the likes of Colin Nish, Mark Stewart, Andy Barrowman, Don Cowan etc in the 2012 season would all rank worse.

The embarrassing thing as well is that even with Moussa, we were in a situation where just his effort and presence alone contributed more than any other out and out forward we had at points last season - even if he had zero composure in front of goal. It says a lot about some of the players we've had in recent years.

In fairness he was incredible at holding up the ball but unfortunately we needed that extra bit.

I do hope he goes on and does the business for someone else though.

6 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

No. Jan Zemlik and Jani Sturm up top.

I still maintain that Zemlik wasn't bad when it wasn't hooded up to him. Granted at 6'7 he should have an aerial presence but he cause Celtic a few problems in the cup and slotted twice against Milwall pre season  when we played it to his feet.

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I still maintain that Zemlik wasn't bad when it wasn't hooded up to him. Granted at 6'7 he should have an aerial presence but he cause Celtic a few problems in the cup and slotted twice against Milwall pre season  when we played it to his feet.

I find it a blur tbh. I don't recall finding Zemlik that bad though but his scoring record is worse than I thought it was - I remember his league goal , I'm sure he throated it in or something like that. 

It was tremendously exciting seeing Curier and McMenamin come in though. I remember the season before that thinking that Dyron Daal was our best player of all time.