All things Dundee FC

22 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

St Johnstone rejects? Is that how far we’ve fallen?☹️

Pretty much mate. We're not exactly in a position to be picky right now, especially on deadline day. We're definitely lacking that creative spark, Scougall fits the bill, but only if he can recapture his form of a few years ago.

1 minute ago, Dee-funked said:

Pretty much mate. We're not exactly in a position to be picky right now, especially on deadline day. We're definitely lacking that creative spark, Scougall fits the bill, but only if he can recapture his form of a few years ago.

He's going to Ayr apparently 

1 minute ago, Dee-funked said:

Big push from them if true, having already signed Nicky Cadden and so far held on to Shankland.

Biggest problem there is United, they have signed premiership quality today and are after sow. Imo we need another CB, a creative midfielder and another winger, if we dont we better hope Hamilton and St mirren are worse than us until May 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I want Dieng in now. He looks a fantastic keeper.

The rest I'm not 100% sold on as of yet.

Dales is a mile more effective than Calvin Miller was. 

Nelson is an upgrade on all of the other strikers we had.

Curran has done a job since he came in. 

The rest haven't played but the two today seem solid signings. 

2 hours ago, Juantwothree said:

That will be our lot today, can't see us signing anymore. Still no creativity 

There's talk about Josh Todd from QotS - Evening Tele journalist who supports QotS saying it. He's not sure about if it'll be done today though, they have just signed Aird though.

I'd be fairly happy with him. Deacon for me is a bit of a write off - I just don't see him being fit for long enough to actually play a big part and hit any sort of form, he pulled up on Tuesday again. I think having Todd, Dales and Jesse give a lot of pace and high pressing options down the wing. They aren't perfect but they do keep working and give teams difficulty with their persistence.

At the very least, we've got 4 players heading into the squad who weren't signed or elgibile midweek and then Woods likely fit + a fresh Nelson to use. I think (and hope), it'll be a very different prospect this weekend so hopefully we can get a result to put it out of our minds. Arriving at a game and learning we have Darren O'Dea in midfield who isn't mobile at the best of times and is also lacking match sharpness was a hint about how the evening would go I think!

35 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

Dales is a mile more effective than Calvin Miller was. 

Nelson is an upgrade on all of the other strikers we had.

Curran has done a job since he came in. 

The rest haven't played but the two today seem solid signings. 

I'm sold on Nelson but he's permanent. Dales, I dunno. Curran is also permanent.