All things Dundee FC

2 minutes ago, ravabelli said:

McCann had a good eye for a player!!!! He must have used his other bad eye then when he signed them

Seriously though? I reckon it was half decent. We've had worse. He signed a whole host of duds and it was his love of Moussa that cost him, but Kamara, Hendry, Caulker, Deacon (At first - not now!), Meekings (I know he's been quite poor for us - I'd argue due to McCann's style not him as a player!), Basque Jon, Scott Allan, Karl Madianga. Aye, he's had far more duds. 100% agree, but:

Jon - Hendry - Caulker -

Madianga - Kamara
             Allan

That's the spine of a half decent side, no?

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Seriously though? I reckon it was half decent. We've had worse. He signed a whole host of duds and it was his love of Moussa that cost him, but Kamara, Hendry, Caulker, Deacon (At first - not now!), Meekings (I know he's been quite poor for us - I'd argue due to McCann's style not him as a player!), Basque Jon, Scott Allan, Karl Madianga. Aye, he's had far more duds. 100% agree, but:

Jon - Hendry - Caulker -

Madianga - Kamara
             Allan

That's the spine of a half decent side, no?

You won't care about my opinion, but that not a decent spine at all. No fight at all in the middle, and the defenders seemed prone to having absolute nightmares 

If, if, we get beat on Saturday, where do we go from there? Confidence will be absolutely sapped from team and support if it isn't already. We can't afford to punt the abysmal manager (I don't necessarily mean financially).
McCann was an utterly dreadful, but he had a decent eye for a player. Might have been charlatans, but it wasn't the worst. I can remember fans saying that we had a good group, but didn't have a good man to manage them. McIntyre's made them look pish. He's brought his own lads in, and we're now playing Darren O'Dea at CH due to his squad management.
Splendid.
If we win on Saturday, hell, even if we survive this season, is he truly the man to lead us? With an 8.5% win percentage so far, I think a change needs made regardless in the summer.

Being honest I’d just f**k him off now. I know it’s hugely reactionary but he’s shown nothing and his man management seems on par - if not worse than McCann.
I don’t have an immediate solution but would be trying to tempt Ian McCall on the premise of a longer term plan and the potential for him to achieve more (in time) than he could at Ayr.

He’d likely tell us to bolt and I wouldn’t even blame him.

The whole thing is just so Dundee. The whole season has been. In fact the only things that could make it more Dundee is admin 3 and Dens burning down, just as it’s revealed that the holding company for the New Campy has been sold to some dodgy Afghan warlord for some magic beans and a goat.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

You won't care about my opinion, but that not a decent spine at all. No fight at all in the middle, and the defenders seemed prone to having absolute nightmares 

Hendry rarely had a nightmare at Dundee.

Kamara was plenty of fight before this season, and despite the reputation Madianga now has, he fucking loved a hard tackle. You're judging that on reputation rather than actual performance.

When's the last time we had an enjoyable and successful season?

Our first year up when we finished top 6 IMO. We played excellent football with the likes of Gary Irvine doing a fine job. Him and the likes of Willie Dyer will have been earning a hell of a lot less than most of the charlatans who've fucked off and are already forgotten.

The season after with Stewart, Hemmings and Harkins was enjoyable and we never looked in any real danger, but I wouldn't deem it a success.The fact we finished in the bottom 6 with a team containing 2 player of the year candidates speaks volumes about how bad the defence was. The doon derby painted over a lot of cracks.

Since then it's been absolute garbage and we're just replacing dud after dud and losing any sort of base to build on. The end of last season I would have happily started from afresh and it's now the exact same. United being a shambles has deflected against our own very obvious problems for ages and allowed too many in our support to develop a 'Well it could be worse' attitude whilst we've taken backward step after backward step until we're basically staring relegation in the face. We stayed up by the skin of our teeth last year and even if we do so again, there's nothng to suggest that we're moving forward.

IMO we've not had a decent side to watch since 2015/2016 and like I said (IMO) can't really have deemed anything we've done in the league since 14/15.  Our cup record speaks for itself.

No wonder folk are miserable. 

TLDR - We are shite and have been heading this way for ages.

When's the last time we had an enjoyable and successful season?
Our first year up when we finished top 6 IMO. We played excellent football with the likes of Gary Irvine doing a fine job. Him and the likes of Willie Dyer will have been earning a hell of a lot less than most of the charlatans who've fucked off and are already forgotten.
The season after with Stewart, Hemmings and Harkins was enjoyable and we never looked in any real danger, but I wouldn't deem it a success.The fact we finished in the bottom 6 with a team containing 2 player of the year candidates speaks volumes about how bad the defence was. The doon derby painted over a lot of cracks.
Since then it's been absolute garbage and we're just replacing dud after dud and losing any sort of base to build on. The end of last season I would have happily started from afresh and it's now the exact same. United being a shambles has deflected against our own very obvious problems for ages and allowed too many in our support to develop a 'Well it could be worse' attitude whilst we've taken backward step after backward step until we're basically staring relegation in the face. We stayed up by the skin of our teeth last year and even if we do so again, there's nothng to suggest that we're moving forward.
IMO we've not had a decent side to watch since 2015/2016 and like I said (IMO) can't really have deemed anything we've done in the league since 14/15.  Our cup record speaks for itself.
No wonder folk are miserable. 
TLDR - We are shite and have been heading this way for ages.

Dundee are in danger of becoming the next Hamilton and no one wants to be like them

What really pisses me off about the current situation is the comparison with Killie: Both of us have players who have signed a PCA with the Blue Bigots.

Clarke at Killie says, in essence, "he's still our player until the end of the season, so I'll play him when it suit us, he will do his best for us or I'll throttle him" he plays against them, scores a beauty of a winner and is seen as integral part of their squad for the rest of the season.

Dundee say, in effect, "Oh, we're not sure about playing Kamara, as his head might not be in the right place, and if we play him in the Cup, then we wouldn't be able to play for them if he moves on before the end of the season, so we better not, and it might be best all round if he goes before the end of the window for a derisory sum of money, regardless of any detrimental effect on us".

Spineless management, spineless team.