All things Dundee FC

51 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

I'm presuming we will get a derisory cash sum and a loanee we've never heard of so that the Blue Bigots can get Kamara on Thursday...

I would take a hungry youngster from them in a heartbeat than keep Kamara. Doubt we'll see any pennies for him. They're just as cash strapped. 

I would take a hungry youngster from them in a heartbeat than keep Kamara. Doubt we'll see any pennies for him. They're just as cash strapped. 
looking at their squad the only players that i think they would let out on loan is glen Middleton or lee wallace and i wouldnt want either.

How much they paying Defoe a week and a 78 year old Steven Davis?

We’d be as well just ripping up Kamara’s contract and letting him join Rangers now. They’re clearly happy enough to wait until the summer to get him and it’s doing nobody any good him still being at the club if he’s not going to feature.

10 hours ago, Aidan said:
10 hours ago, ah-dee said:
looking at their squad the only players that i think they would let out on loan is glen Middleton or lee wallace and i wouldnt want either.

Rossiter?

10 hours ago, ah-dee said:
10 hours ago, Aidan said:
Rossiter?

forgot about him. he would actually be an improvement on the woods and McGowan combination we currently have

Have either of you ever actually seen him play?

Yes. Although admittedly almost every time it was for Liverpool's reserve teams and obviously that was a few years ago and he's had injury problems since. No idea if he would improve Dundee, just thing that if Rangers were to loan them a player to get Kamara now, Rossiter would be the obvious one.

3 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

no but i have seen woods and McGowan so i think he would improve our midfield. those two are woeful together

He's a child playing a man's game, from what I've seen. Played about ten senior games in his whole career. 

Dundee would be daft to sign him.

3 minutes ago, Aidan said:
14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes. Although admittedly almost every time it was for Liverpool's reserve teams and obviously that was a few years ago and he's had injury problems since. No idea if he would improve Dundee, just thing that if Rangers were to loan them a player to get Kamara now, Rossiter would be the obvious one.

The reserve league down there is horrible. Falkirk had Chelseas Reserve captain and have already released him back to them for being worse than Paul Paton. 

The reserve league down there is horrible. Falkirk had Chelseas Reserve captain and have already released him back to them for being worse than Paul Paton. 
There's probably plenty of players who have come through the reserve league in England that have been decent too. No idea if there would be anything in Rossiter going to Dundee anyway, I just think looking at the Rangers squad he would be the most obvious one if that kind of move was to happen.

4 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

neither of us suggested him as a signing. we were just naming players rangers might let out on loan. i was in no way suggesting rossiter is a good player but pointing out how woeful woods and McGowan have been

Apparently we have been offered 50k for kamara.

Due to it being rangers you could probably take the 0 out and be closer.

On 24/01/2019 at 22:19, PELE JNR said:

We need 37 point to avoid playoff. Another 8 wins (24 points) required.

Under normal circumstances that would be true but with three terrible teams this season considerably less will be required for safety. Win our remaining games against Hamilton and St Mirren and as few as 12 points might be enough.