All things Dundee FC

So 16 games to go. The final round of 11 matches plus 5 after the split. We find ourselves in the unbelievable position of just having to match St Mirren point for point and taking 2 more than Hamilton over the remaining course to avoid relegation. Given the season we've had, and the paltry points accumulation from the first 22 games, it's incredible that we remain with a realistic opportunity to avoid the drop. 

However, while it might sound feasible to get out of this self inflicted mess, I've experienced too much Dens disappointment to expect that we will. I can't help feel that a win tomorrow is essential. Despite the boost from the Heart win and the performance of the new boys,  we're running out of winnable games and I don't think we can afford to lose any more of these. 

Am I confident for tomorrow? Not a chance. But at least I'll be at Dens tomorrow with butterflies, and not the the usual leaden weight of despair in my stomach.

Sorry it's the best I can do - perhaps I should have just posted 'mon the Dee' …..?

Edited by Dark Blue Dick
typo !

10 minutes ago, Dark Blue Dick said:

So 16 games to go. The final round of 11 matches plus 5 after the split. We find ourselves in the unbelievable position of just having to match St Mirren point for point and taking 2 more than Hamilton over the reaming course to avoid relegation. Given the season we've had, and the paltry points accumulation from the first 22 games, it's incredible that we remain with a realistic opportunity to avoid the drop. 

However, while it might sound feasible to get out of this self inflicted mess, I've experienced too much Dens disappointment to expect that we will. I can't help feel that a win tomorrow is essential. Despite the boost from the Heart win and the performance of the new boys,  we're running out of winnable games and I don't think we can afford to lose any more of these. 

Am I confident for tomorrow? Not a chance. But at least I'll be at Dens tomorrow with butterflies, and not the the usual leaden weight of despair in my stomach.

Sorry it's the best I can do - perhaps I should have just posted 'mon the Dee' …..?

Mon the Dee would have been better.

I get exactly what you are on about but I honestly think after the last match it has given our new boys vital game time and not too much was changed at once. 

Field the same or similar team and play forward like they did and we will be comfortable in tenth with a cushion in no time.

Played well to a large extent. One stupid swipe from a twat turns that into the same old. Completely sick.

For the QoS game, get the players practicing how to actually shoot a ball. Swap Kerr for Horsfield and Inniss for Hadineus, and also never let Inniss pay again. Do all that and maybe we'll get a second replay.

Played well to a large extent. One stupid swipe from a twat turns that into the same old. Completely sick.
For the QoS game, get the players practicing how to actually shoot a ball. Swap Kerr for Horsfield and Inniss for Hadineus, and also never let Inniss pay again. Do all that and maybe we'll get a second replay.

Don’t think the new boys will be eligible. I’m sure they have to be signed and registered before the original tie. Would rule them both out.

Tidser didn't start for Morton yesterday. Morton fans thinking it could be related to our link. He'd be a great addition to our central midfield area and give us not only more dig, but creativity.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Tidser didn't start for Morton yesterday. Morton fans thinking it could be related to our link. He'd be a great addition to our central midfield area and give us not only more dig, but creativity.

I can't see that being the reason. He got subbed on so you'd think he wouldn't be playing at all if that was the case. Besides, Morton fans are fucking lunatics. 

Thought it'd be worth updating everyone on what has happened to the players McCann punted/left in the summer:

Jon Aurtenetxe - Left us, and rejoined the club he was at before us. Last month he was snapped up by an Australian second division club, Adelaide Comets. Yet to feature.

Kevin Holt - Joined Pressley in Cyprus for Pafos. Pressley was sacked. Holt has played 17 games whilst Pafos. They currently sit 3rd from bottom.

Nicky Low - Joined QotS, potentially injured for Tuesday night.

Mark O'Hara - Signed for Peterborough, deemed not good enough recently and sent on loan to Lincoln City.

Randy Wolters - Joined Breda, broke his ankle within a few weeks of joining.  Not played a game.

Kostadin Gazhalov - Joined the top flight in Bulgaria, but only played 6 games. Bring him home McIntyre!

Julen Etxabeguren - Regular starter for Real Union, mid-table side in the second tier in Spain.

Jeremy Malherbe - Played 1 game in the Greek top flight.

21 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Being reported today he's "close" to signing a PCA with Falkirk.