All things Dundee FC

The next couple of games will tell us whether we're in a classic Dundee-shiting-the-bed scenario or have indeed turned a corner. 
Classic Dundee-shiting-the-bed scenario has been around for donkeys years. I first experienced it in 1989-90, where after a truly dreadful season we somehow strung a few good results together in the last few games and started clawing back a sizeable gap to St Mirren. Getting our hopes up we duly played the vital game against St Mirren at Dens, scoring in the first minute, before missing a penalty after 15mins, then shiting it to lose 2-1 and be effectively relegated.  
The classic pattern will therefore be a hopeless home defeat to Motherwell, then a pathetic surrender to Accies. 
I feel weirdly optimistic. I'm not liking it tbh. 
Oh I remember that. Didn't they have hero players of old dotted around the ground to whip the crowd up or something?

I've been very critical of McIntyre since he came in, a lot of performances have been terribly bad. 

However, he deserves credit for the last couple of weeks - minus the QoTS game. 

Having seen Dieng, Dales and Nelson on Wednesday night, they're all what we're looking for. Dieng coming and collecting high balls late on was excellent to see and takes so much pressure off when defending a lead. 

The signings of Hadenuis and Horsefield this week show he's identified areas which need improvement and brought players in to fill those roles. What I like about these two signings is that they both cover a couple of positions we have been light in. I hope Horsefield gives Cammy some competition.

The performance on Wednesday was excellent and makes it hard not to try and be positive. Hopefully no performance like the Saints or QOTS games tomorrow. 

I said it a couple of times last season and still believe that the team don't enjoy playing at Dens. Hopefully tomorrow the atmosphere is less toxic now that it seems there's something to look forward to with these new signings. 

Oh I remember that. Didn't they have hero players of old dotted around the ground to whip the crowd up or something?
The championship winning side wasn't it?

Edit: it would have been 28 years from Dundee winning the league to that St Mirren game but it's almost 29 years from that St Mirren game until now.

14 minutes ago, kristov said:

The championship winning side wasn't it?

Edit: it would have been 28 years from Dundee winning the league to that St Mirren game but it's almost 29 years from that St Mirren game until now.

Thanks for that. Feel ridiculously old now...

Thanks for that. Feel ridiculously old now...
If you want to feel really old then take your age, minus one year, Google what was happening in the world that many years before your date of birth. That world event will be closer to your DOB than today.

For me Bambi is released at the cinema; Japan declares war on the Netherlands and Princess Elizabeth registers for war service.

12 minutes ago, kristov said:

If you want to feel really old then take your age, minus one year, Google what was happening in the world that many years before your date of birth. That world event will be closer to your DOB than today.

For me Bambi is released at the cinema; Japan declares war on the Netherlands and Princess Elizabeth registers for war service.

That's even worse :(

I've got: Hitler becomes a German citizen (!!),  Amelia Earhart flies across the Atlantic, FDR wins his first Presidential election and the Sydney Harbour Bridge opens.

Not even a season following Dundee is as depressing as this...

31 minutes ago, kristov said:

1972 -  Munich Olympics Terrorist Attack,  Digital Watches are introduced, First scientific hand-held calculator, Atari release PONG, Antiwar demonstrations draw 100,000, Bloody Sunday and Bloody Friday, Watergate.

finding this interesting and equally depressing. stanley Matthews plays his final international, elvis buys Graceland, john lennon meets paul McCartney and sputnik 1 was launched. also seems sputnik 2 sent the dog laika up that year. poor wi b*****ds still floating about somewhere.

Charles Lindbergh flew the Atlantic.

The British Broadcasting Company becomes the British Broadcasting Corporation.

Cardiff City wins the FA Cup

Joe Davis wins the first World Snooker Championship final

Saudi Arabia becomes independent of the United Kingdom

The Labour Party voted in favour of nationalisation of the coal industry.

Britain's first automatic traffic lights are deployed experimentally in Wolverhampton.

Tarka the Otter was published.

Ronnie Scott, Ken Dodd, Roger Moore, June Brown, Terry Scott and Ken Russell all born.

finding this interesting and equally depressing. stanley Matthews plays his final international, elvis buys Graceland, john lennon meets paul McCartney and sputnik 1 was launched. also seems sputnik 2 sent the dog laika up that year. poor wi b*****ds still floating about somewhere.
also just read that bin Laden is amongst those that were born this year.

Other than a potential Kamara swap, I wonder if we are actually in the market for anymore? We all know we could do with a couple in but we've signed a few players now with a bit of versatility. Could be that that's our lot?

Other than a potential Kamara swap, I wonder if we are actually in the market for anymore? We all know we could do with a couple in but we've signed a few players now with a bit of versatility. Could be that that's our lot?

I’m beginning to hate Kamara. I can forgive Moussa he was shite but he tried.