All things Dundee FC

47 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Jesus - just noticed a BoringCunto post that Tam hasn’t ‘liked’. The world will spin off its axis.

C'mon now spud, that's a bit disingenuous. I only give greenies when they're deserved and you've had a fair amount from myself in the past. Don't go down the biggie route pal, you're better than that.

Stuart McCall helping out McIntyre with Dales and Horsfield.

So what do we need left? Perhaps another winger and a CM or CH dependent on what Hadenius is viewed as.

Cover for Ralph potentially too.

Edited by Ludo*1

Another solid signing on paper and in a position that was badly needing filled. Cammy has had no competition for his position for a wee while now and he’s regressed so much the past couple of seasons. The competition could do him the world of good as he certainly needs to get his finger out.

Like Ludo said, another winger, CM and left back cover and we’re good to go for the rest of the season.

One good display does not a relegation avoid, and I would need to see a few more wins to believe that we will escape the trip downstairs to visit the Fannydice neighbours next season. Yet, without doubt, there is a glimmer of the worst kind of emotion in football - that evil, hope, that is so often dashed has been revived.  Saturday will tell if this hope is justified or is condemned to falter as so often, if the new men brought in can galvanise the whole place with a coating of solid confidence on what has been a rusty carcass fabricated by McCann.

I was not overjoyed with the bundle of ex Ross County players, but the manager has identified Andy Nelson - incidentally not a loanee, but a Dee - as a goalscorer, and after the the abject goal scoring prowess of Sofian Moussa, it looks if there is a grain of forward aggression on the park that doesnt depend uniquely on Kenny Miller. There are others too, brought in, and for the moment it's encouraging. 

It's good to see the owners supporting the Manager - again.  Let's hope it works.  Let's hope that the cost of these new players is worth it by the end of season league position Let's hope that the players not in the picture leave and find new clubs. And let's hope for tenth, at least. And a wee cup run would be good too.....

50 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

That's the one position that definitely needed sorted because Cammy for all his effort has been shite this season. Also means that if Jesse Curran is having a mare he could put Kerr in at right midfield.

Optimism has returned.

Well and truly 100% believe we can escape the drop. A point behind Hamilton and a point ahead of St Mirren. 

We can beat Motherwell and Celtic will definitely slap Hamilton and St Mirren have Hibs.

Should be 2 points clear of Motherwell and 3 ahead of St Mirren.

1 minute ago, Crawford said:

We can beat Motherwell, and Celtic will definitely slap Hamilton and St Mirren have Hibs.

FTFY, added the comma. Shat myself when I read it as "We can beat Motherwell and Celtic". Not that crazily  optimistic yet lol.

All the bottom 3 have have averaged roughly 0.6 point per game so far. How many will it take to be safe? 10? 12? It goes without saying 2 wins against the other 2 struggling teams by any of the bottom 3 would be fantastic.

We need 37 point to avoid playoff. Another 8 wins (24 points) required.

The next couple of games will tell us whether we're in a classic Dundee-shiting-the-bed scenario or have indeed turned a corner. 

Classic Dundee-shiting-the-bed scenario has been around for donkeys years. I first experienced it in 1989-90, where after a truly dreadful season we somehow strung a few good results together in the last few games and started clawing back a sizeable gap to St Mirren. Getting our hopes up we duly played the vital game against St Mirren at Dens, scoring in the first minute, before missing a penalty after 15mins, then shiting it to lose 2-1 and be effectively relegated.  

The classic pattern will therefore be a hopeless home defeat to Motherwell, then a pathetic surrender to Accies. 

I feel weirdly optimistic. I'm not liking it tbh. 

The next couple of games will tell us whether we're in a classic Dundee-shiting-the-bed scenario or have indeed turned a corner. 
Classic Dundee-shiting-the-bed scenario has been around for donkeys years. I first experienced it in 1989-90, where after a truly dreadful season we somehow strung a few good results together in the last few games and started clawing back a sizeable gap to St Mirren. Getting our hopes up we duly played the vital game against St Mirren at Dens, scoring in the first minute, before missing a penalty after 15mins, then shiting it to lose 2-1 and be effectively relegated.  
The classic pattern will therefore be a hopeless home defeat to Motherwell, then a pathetic surrender to Accies. 
I feel weirdly optimistic. I'm not liking it tbh. 

Me too. And we’re both old enough to know it’s the optimism that kills us Dees however without it we’d have given up years ago.

You still getting out on your bike?

1 minute ago, Fifespud said:

Me too. And we’re both old enough to know it’s the optimism that kills us Dees however without it we’d have given up years ago.

You still getting out on your bike?

It never changes :lol:

Aye been out a couple of times since new year. Fucking baltic on the toes though