All things Dundee FC

37 minutes ago, Shaun De Bruyne said:

Obviously you seen him in a lot more games than me but the times I seen Nelson play against us he was poor. Also this is a step up, I think he will struggle. Can’t see signings like that help keep Dundee in the premiership.

Tbf I saw him at the Livingston away game - maybe the Scottish Cup - where he was poor and spunked the best chance we had blasting it over when through on goal. However that was one of his first ever games of professional football and he went on to get better and better. The goal v Morton was real quality and just screamed potential to me (if you can be arsed it’s around the 1:40 in this game https://www.falkirkfc.tv/highlights-falkirk-3-1-morton/

Obviously you seen him in a lot more games than me but the times I seen Nelson play against us he was poor. Also this is a step up, I think he will struggle. Can’t see signings like that help keep Dundee in the premiership.

That’s all right we will be in the Championship soon enough and we only sign shite players anyway [emoji106]

54 minutes ago, Shaun De Bruyne said:

Shut the f**k up, Shaun. 

Guest Ecosse83

Nelson should be a long term quality signing. Took a while to really find his feet for us but improved with every game. 

Hopefully he does well for you lot he's a right likeable guy.

So in this window is that .
2 strikers
1 defender
1 goalie
1 midfielder

Including Woods? I’m counting Dales as a winger.

It’s starting to be significant. At the very least it freshens things up. We’ve been short up front for a few seasons so 2 strikers is good.

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
3 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Including Woods? I’m counting Dales as a winger.

It’s starting to be significant. At the very least it freshens things up. We’ve been short up front for a few seasons so 2 strikers is good.

Ah ffs I forgot Dales . I'd hope at least another defender comes in as leaves us short at the back if we get another injury

And we are crying out for another central midfielder, because mcgowan and woods wont be good enough to keep us in this league. 

Tbf I saw him at the Livingston away game - maybe the Scottish Cup - where he was poor and spunked the best chance we had blasting it over when through on goal. However that was one of his first ever games of professional football and he went on to get better and better. The goal v Morton was real quality and just screamed potential to me (if you can be arsed it’s around the 1:40 in this game https://www.falkirkfc.tv/highlights-falkirk-3-1-morton/

That’s a great goal tbf [emoji1305] Lovely move as a whole! Rated Jakubiak more out of him and Nelson has he went anywhere?

Two quotes from the Darlington fans’ forum re Nelson’s last game for them -

‘3 massive points today but my oh my we were flat as the proverbial pancake, what a second goal by Nelson it was worth the wait. :thumbup:’

‘Workmanlike performance, rescued by 2 touches of class from Nelson.’

Exciting!!

Is it just me that thinks Nelson sounds a bit like Craig Curran with the potential to be a slotted?

Dare I say it, a young Kenny Miller?

So that's Curran and Nelson for the battling forward and Miller and Kallman for our poaching ability.

Have to say I'm quite happy with our front line.

2 weeks ago our front line was Mendy, Moussa, Miller and Kallman. It seems a definite improvement.

14 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Is it just me that thinks Nelson sounds a bit like Craig Curran with the potential to be a slotted?

By the sounds of things, he'll be much better than Curran.

The fact he went to a struggling Falkirk side and make such a huge impression only bode well about his mentality.

A fine signing.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

By the sounds of things, he'll be much better than Curran.

The fact he went to a struggling Falkirk side and make such a huge impression only bode well about his mentality.

A fine signing.

My word, are you feeling ok laddie? 

Edited by Yenitit