All things Dundee FC

I think I said a week or 2 ago I was warming to the idea of Dodds as Jim’s number 2. What I meant was Dodds IS a number 2. A complete fucking cretin. Dundee might not actually be big enough to have 2 top league teams and of course for the last couple of year we haven’t (snigger), but amalgamation would be an economic disaster. We’d be getting a Kilmarnock level of crowds, possibly even dropping down to St Johnstone’s pitiful effort. It’s a no from me.

I don’t know about that, if it’s done properly we might have a monopoly market like Aberdeen do as Dundee and Aberdeen(city) are roughly that same size imagine it Dundee City Fc I’d support it

I couldn’t stand sitting next to one of those dayglos. Speaking in their weird Angus dialect, sooking those werthers originals, knitting cardies and asking if you’re going to Flicks nightclub (for the benefit of older posters) - f**k that shite.

Said it before and I’ll say it again.

Without having figures to hand, I’d guess Dundee and United over the last 10 years have been the 6th and 7th best supported teams in Scotland. At a push, Kilmarnock or Motherwell might be in there too.

If the clubs merge, even if every single fan supports the new club, it would still have a smaller support than the 5th best supported club. So how exactly would it by some miracle give us more success?

It’s irrelevant anyway as I agree with what others have said, it’s likely the issue is surrounding financing the stadium and the merger veto etc just gets caught up in that.

Never got my fellow County fans admiration of Andrew Davies, total liability if you ask me, never far away from giving away a penalty or getting a red card.... why? because he's sh*te and slow. Curran will give his all, but probably passed it at Prem level, be surprised if he scores from open play.  Woods is a lazy c*nt and hides. not exactly what your looking for at the minute. I wouldn't have any of them back at County, and we are fking awful this season, don't let the league position deceive you, we are murder! Good luck in your fight but I think your pissing in the wind with these Macintyre signings......

Never got my fellow County fans admiration of Andrew Davies, total liability if you ask me, never far away from giving away a penalty or getting a red card.... why? because he's sh*te and slow. Curran will give his all, but probably passed it at Prem level, be surprised if he scores from open play.  Woods is a lazy c*nt and hides. not exactly what your looking for at the minute. I wouldn't have any of them back at County, and we are fking awful this season, don't let the league position deceive you, we are murder! Good luck in your fight but I think your pissing in the wind with these Macintyre signings......

I notice you’re averaging less than 3 posts a year over 10 years. It’s very decent of you to make the effort to come on and give us this encouragement. Thanks and good luck to the Staggies.

9 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

All the talk of Greg Stewart has made me remember the season with him and Hemmings when we were complaining that we seemed to be drawing every game whilst scoring goals for fun. That would be lovely just now.

When you think about that time period we underperformed. Really do think that year we could have challenged.

Didn't we meet county 3-3 twice that season?

12 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Had a brilliant night there on one of my birthdays, Parks and Wilson djing,  free drugs and weird looking loved up women,  what's not to like?

Remember when they filmed the hit man and her at Flicks?  A mate of a mate of a mate allegedly took Michaela Strachan home and she gave him a golden shower.  Apparently a separate occasion to the Brechin show, so completely irrelevant here.

Anytime I've seen her on tv presenting that countryside/wildlife programme show since, sitting there talking about hedgehogs or whatever, I can't quite look at her the same way.

10 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

I don’t know about that, if it’s done properly we might have a monopoly market like Aberdeen do as Dundee and Aberdeen(city) are roughly that same size imagine it Dundee City Fc I’d support it

I can't believe I just read that!

9 hours ago, stu2910 said:

Said it before and I’ll say it again.

Without having figures to hand, I’d guess Dundee and United over the last 10 years have been the 6th and 7th best supported teams in Scotland. At a push, Kilmarnock or Motherwell might be in there too.

If the clubs merge, even if every single fan supports the new club, it would still have a smaller support than the 5th best supported club. So how exactly would it by some miracle give us more success?

It’s irrelevant anyway as I agree with what others have said, it’s likely the issue is surrounding financing the stadium and the merger veto etc just gets caught up in that.

Agree. But if this merger talk is serious, which I very much doubt, then maybe the Americans are of the warped Ann Budge mindset that if you take away some clubs you end up with more fans for the remaining ones.  I.e. If you join Utd and Dundee you'd end up with a support of the two combined.

The reality would be you'd be lucky if you got the support of either club currently, and all it would achieve would be losing supporters from Scottish football.

Its a very American mentality though.  The club haven't kicked on since promotion, so try to fix it by a stadium move or a merger or a relocation if it's American teams, to bring about success.  Whereas in reality it's as simple as doing absolutely everything you can to appoint the right manager, e.g. Steve Clarke, Tommy Wright. You get that right then the crowds and the money would follow.  If they'd pulled out all the stops to bring in Jack Ross it'd be interesting to see where Dundee would be now.

It might be quite clever business though. If the end goal between all the Dunmericans is a shared stadium, and you know there will be opposition to it, spread worry about a merger, then in the end a shared ground actually seems like a positive alternative.

2 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I can't believe I just read that!

Agree. But if this merger talk is serious, which I very much doubt, then maybe the Americans are of the warped Ann Budge mindset that if you take away some clubs you end up with more fans for the remaining ones.  I.e. If you join Utd and Dundee you'd end up with a support of the two combined.

The reality would be you'd be lucky if you got the support of either club currently, and all it would achieve would be losing supporters from Scottish football.

Its a very American mentality though.  The club haven't kicked on since promotion, so try to fix it by a stadium move or a merger or a relocation if it's American teams, to bring about success.  Whereas in reality it's as simple as doing absolutely everything you can to appoint the right manager, e.g. Steve Clarke, Tommy Wright. You get that right then the crowds and the money would follow.  If they'd pulled out all the stops to bring in Jack Ross it'd be interesting to see where Dundee would be now.

It might be quite clever business though. If the end goal between all the Dunmericans is a shared stadium, and you know there will be opposition to it, spread worry about a merger, then in the end a shared ground actually seems like a positive alternative.

Tayside Tornados

Dundee, St Johnstone, and Dundee Hibernian merger.

I for one am all for it and would support this 100%.

I'd need to find another wee team though, might opt for Dunfermline although I hate the colours.

St Johnstone might continue in the junior leagues though, so you COULD continue to support them.

McIntyre said in his interview on Deetv that the club had spoken about Gardyne because he's a good player but there's been no bid and there won't be a bid either as we are looking at other options.

McIntyre said in his interview on Deetv that the club had spoken about Gardyne because he's a good player but there's been no bid and there won't be a bid either as we are looking at other options.

Thank our lucky stars. One Arab is enough. Two would be two too many.
I'm really disappointed in this one trick strategy of hiring ex Staggies.
What other ideas does our Manager have?