All things Dundee FC

It’s ok - Mike Barile says ‘it won’t happen in my lifetime’.

It’s great having such a sensible chap in charge.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-scotland-16593474/teacher-mike-barile-discharged-from-profession
That's it then lads, case closed! Barile says it's no happening and any chunt who gets in his way is getting a slap [emoji13]

From a calmer read of the notes, it very much sounds like they just want 100% security in that the move won't be vetoed by the society.

Why spend millions for nothing.

They want temporary rights to make it happen but, if they can get full rights then they want them.

Temporary rights is still scary.  They could do whatever they please in that window but I doubt they would shoot themselves in the foot.

I imagine if they get full rights then they have a much better exit strategy and a more solid foundation.

Temporary rights would be build and move. They would likely seperate all asset's from the club. This is so if they do need an exit plan or hit a wall of non profit, then can keep the premesis and facilities or sell them.

I don't think a merger or that is anywhere near the cards or in their plans but should the planets align, and it happened, they can say we told you so.

Edited by Crawford
Grammar fix.

33 minutes ago, Crawford said:

From a calmer read of the notes, it very much sounds like they just want 100% security in that the move won't be vetoed by the society.

It could well be their bank or the board/lawyers of whoever is holding the capital that is asking for this. Why on earth would you release the cash if it all could go belly up?

Edited by The Algebraist

40 minutes ago, ravabelli said:

Probably already on here and  can't be arsed looking back but Stephen Wright taking over as youth coach

He’s taking over the running of the youth system. That’s a few new youth coaches appointed in the last month that I know of. Wright, Gary Irvine, Kevin McNaughton and young coach from Yenited. 

If Birmingham manage to sell GGS will we be due a cut? Doubt it would be much.
i wouldnt be confident of that given we seemed to make a mess up of the release clause in his contract. thats if i remember correctly?

im starting to worry that the yanks think they can move the ross county franchise to dundee and merging us in the new stadium, NFL style. McIntyres working on phase 1 just now. then i remember ross county are pretty pointless so that would just be daft!

i wouldnt be confident of that given we seemed to make a mess up of the release clause in his contract. thats if i remember correctly?

im starting to worry that the yanks think they can move the ross county franchise to dundee and merging us in the new stadium, NFL style. McIntyres working on phase 1 just now. then i remember ross county are pretty pointless so that would just be daft!
eta - i was reading about edwards being sent back to hearts and i got a cold shiver over me. we are going to end up with him aren't we!?

I know I've been trolling this thread for a while but I'm sure I'm not the only person who thinks that there is a chance of something happening with these two sets of American owners.

As others have said a lot of the talk is simply because both owners are American which would hold some value if they were coming from a smaller country (for example if two Scottish guys bought two American teams in the same city), the fact they are both American could be the equivalent of someone from Dundee and someone from Berlin owning teams.

However this constitution/voting thing with Dundee is a bit strange and it does seem strange looking in that these guys would both have picked Dundee to buy clubs.  Surely, even if no prior connection, the Dundee Utd American guy would've tried to speak to his Dundee counterpart before taking Utd over to say "So buddy how many millions have you made over in Scotchland?" and then ran a mile when he realised the answer was (I assume) zero.

I know I've been trolling this thread for a while but I'm sure I'm not the only person who thinks that there is a chance of something happening with these two sets of American owners.
As others have said a lot of the talk is simply because both owners are American which would hold some value if they were coming from a smaller country (for example if two Scottish guys bought two American teams in the same city), the fact they are both American could be the equivalent of someone from Dundee and someone from Berlin owning teams.
However this constitution/voting thing with Dundee is a bit strange and it does seem strange looking in that these guys would both have picked Dundee to buy clubs.  Surely, even if no prior connection, the Dundee Utd American guy would've tried to speak to his Dundee counterpart before taking Utd over to say "So buddy how many millions have you made over in Scotchland?" and then ran a mile when he realised the answer was (I assume) zero.

I would normally give such a considered post a detailed, considered response but as you are such a complete and utter bellend I won’t bother.

Thanks for that though.

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I’m sure I read he’s out of contract in the summer so due to leave on a free.

They want to sell him for a fee this January, Sunderland linked.

The United American owner was attracted to them due to their Irish history, with him being “Irish” and all. These people are daft and I’m a bit worried for the future. He must know he’ll never make any (real) money in Scottish football. The Dundee American owners have a plan to build a new stadium and have the club pay rent. It’s quite clever as they’ll potentially sell the whole thing as an investment at some point. I’d happily ground share but any talk of merging can GTF.