All things Dundee FC

I’m sorry but McCann is deluded if he thinks he could have turned it around.

I really wanted it to work out but it didn’t.  

His lack of ability to read and manage a game in ‘real time’ was a major fault.  It also sounds like his man management skills weren’t too great either.

McCann will need to face the reality that he will never manage a top flight team again.

Just Heard the sportsound podcast and dont think he came across too bad. I do agree with others on here and think he will struggle elsewhere if he thinks they should always follow his rigid philosophy. Reminds me a bit of John Collins as a manager, including the arrogance but with more aggression which is going to alienate players even more over time. 

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Just Heard the sportsound podcast and dont think he came across too bad. I do agree with others on here and think he will struggle elsewhere if he thinks they should always follow his rigid philosophy. Reminds me a bit of John Collins as a manager, including the arrogance but with more aggression which is going to alienate players even more over time. 

He really is a manager that lacks ALL management qualities. Highland or lowland league teams would do well to avoid him.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

He came in and saved us from relegation. That is when we should of thanked him and that was it.
Instead we gave him a chance and it didn't work out for him. That's just the way it is.

He did that, but his performances after that would lead me to believe Hartley, a nun or even a cat could have done that.

What do you reckon we are looking at tonight? I reckon we could eek out a draw.

Well, like I said in the match thread, that was grim at best. The only positive thing is that you can’t fault them for a lack of effort, the whole team just look like a rabbit in the headlights as soon as they receive the ball. I honestly think the winter break will do us the world of good.

Parish has to go back in the goal, it’s been a long time since i’ve seen a goalkeeper at Dundee that gives me the fear like Jack Hamilton does. There’s definitely potential there so think a loan move in the lower leagues would do him good.

I honestly don’t even know what we need in January, there’s not one area you can pinpoint as being the weakest (which is worrying when you’re sitting bottom of the league).

I'd disagree about the lack of effort part, we're clearly a poor team but the showing against Rangers proved what they're capable of. Compare that performance with the one we had tonight and the level of application is night and day. 

They've just absolutely shat the bed like we almost always seem to do against Aberdeen. It feels like good work undone because that was as bad as anything under McCann.

I'd disagree about the lack of effort part, we're clearly a poor team but the showing against Rangers proved what they're capable of. Compare that performance with the one we had tonight and the level of application is night and day. 
They've just absolutely shat the bed like we almost always seem to do against Aberdeen. It feels like good work undone because that was as bad as anything under McCann.

I genuinely think they’re all giving 100%. The fact that we’re scoring consolation goals shows that. There’s a difference between folding and not trying imo. I think losing a goal just seems to completely knock any confidence right out the team and we seem to go into panic mode. You’d think with players like O’Dea, McGowan and Miller in there you’d have a few leaders but it just doesn’t seem to be the case. I do definitely think panic kicks in rather than heads going down.

United being bought for a million after two years of negotiation. 

What is the going rate of a fundesliga side anyway? 

Guy has oil money behind him but that sector is in decline in the states as people are headed towards solar farms and shale gas. ( That said still loaded)

Also can't see any business ties between Keyes and the new guy either so at least that was true.

Edited by Crawford

3 hours ago, Crawford said:

Guy has oil money behind him but that sector is in decline in the states as people are headed towards solar farms and shale gas. ( That said still loaded)

He owned 13 petrol stations with convience stores and sold them for under 5 million dollars. I think we can use the term oil money behind him loosely.

He used to own the Mankata  Mashers who changed their name to Mankata Moon Dogs. The dabbies are due another name change not sure what sounds better Dundee Mashers or Dundee Moon Dogs;)  

36 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

He owned 13 petrol stations with convience stores and sold them for under 5 million dollars. I think we can use the term oil money behind him loosely.

He used to own the Mankata  Mashers who changed their name to Mankata Moon Dogs. The dabbies are due another name change not sure what sounds better Dundee Mashers or Dundee Moon Dogs;)  

He owns and invests in several teams so the pot is already split. On top of that his son has been made a board member.

Headline here is "Dad Buy$ son real life football manager game"

He owns and invests in several teams so the pot is already split. On top of that his son has been made a board member.
Headline here is "Dad Buy$ son real life football manager game"

So the son is taking the reigns from the Dad? That worked out well the last time[emoji1]

6 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

So the son is taking the reigns from the Dad? That worked out well the last timeemoji1.png

It doesn't mention his role but I assume he is the head of driectors, then his son is a director and then the other two that stayed on. 2/4 votes and the dad being major stake holder = no opposition.

This will be..... interesting.

He has already pledged money for January.

2 hours ago, Yenitit said:

He sold one for 4.9 Million...

He also sold another 12.