All things Dundee FC

40 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

I take it apart from Ralph we have no other left backs? Miller I suppose can go their but he can't defend so I hope this dosnt happen .

What do you hope happens?

What do you hope happens?

To be fair to G_Man I’m really not happy about putting C. Miller at left back either. A good attacking player but he is never a defender and was torn apart time and time again in the second half on Sunday.

I dot really know what else we have though. If O’Dea is fit I’d be tempted to put him in there but I’d imagine he’ll still be injured.

Another option would be to play a back 3 of Kusunga, Boyle and Kerr with Miller and Curran as wing backs.

I’d imagine though Miller i’ll go to left back and Nabi will come in to play at left wing. I just have the fear that Greg Stewart will rip Calvin Miller a new one down that right side on Saturday.

6 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

To be fair to G_Man I’m really not happy about putting C. Miller at left back either. A good attacking player but he is never a defender and was torn apart time and time again in the second half on Sunday.

I couldn't disagree more.  C.Miller won the ball time and time again from anyone that came down their right wing.  Play him there and put Nabi in front of him.

13 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Absolutely mental that McCann thought 1 right back and 1 left back would be enough

McCann thought a lot of things. Gladly he and his thoughts are away to f**k now and the club is resurgent.

The thing that got me was his interview where he said he was shocked about being dismissed.

Guy is thick.

I couldn't disagree more.  C.Miller won the ball time and time again from anyone that came down their right wing.  Play him there and put Nabi in front of him.

We must have been watching different games then because the game I saw Miller was beaten time and time again down that side in the second half. Luckily Rangers final ball was utter pish otherwise we might have paid. It’s not a dig at Calvin Miller - he’s just not a defender. Arguably one of our best players when played further forward though.

We must have been watching different games then because the game I saw Miller was beaten time and time again down that side in the second half. Luckily Rangers final ball was utter pish otherwise we might have paid. It’s not a dig at Calvin Miller - he’s just not a defender. Arguably one of our best players when played further forward though.

This for me as well. I didn't think he was that bad but it's pretty obvious it's not his strength - he's struggled there before and is particularly bad at diving in for stuff and giving away fouls.

I think an out of position defender is probably the least bad option. Feel that we're losing out in two departments if he drops back.

January -

First choice goalkeeper.

LB that can challenge Ralph and provide cover.

Striker that can contribute alongside Miller and Kallman (Possibly Haber).

Offload:

Adil Nabi, Elton Ngwatala, Jean Mendy, Ryan Inniss, Lewis Spence, Kharl Madianga (Although I do rate him!) and Jack Hamilton (Or Parish if McIntyre doesn't rate).

Stream line the squad.

January -
First choice goalkeeper.
Offload:
Adil Nabi, Elton Ngwatala, Jean Mendy, Ryan Inniss, Lewis Spence, Kharl Madianga (Although I do rate him!) and Jack Hamilton (Or Parish if McIntyre doesn't rate).
Stream line the squad.

Could do with a right back to challenge Kerr - Curran is not really an out and out defender so we have very little cover there as well.

Bloody hell, agree with every one of them

Yip all of that, except Haber, he’s pish.

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

January -

First choice goalkeeper.

Offload:

Stream line the squad.

Can we get rid of Moussa too? 

Not offload, just take him to a barn in Perthshire and put him down with a bullet.