All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, Eoin Doyle said:

We’ll offer Whittaker for Nabi. 

I wouldn't say no to that tbh.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

Last January was a belter. Scott Bain, Scott Allan and Jack Hendry for Simon Murray. Lol.

It has to be a good one this year, right?! I expect  hope McIntyre has a wealth of targets in mind.

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I wouldn't say no to that tbh.

It has to be a good one this year, right?! I expect  hope McIntyre has a wealth of targets in mind.

I genuinely hope he doesn't. Not that I don't want to see good players at Dens. Part of the reason we're always such a mess is that we change half our squad every window. Would send the wrong message to the guys who are playing well too. 

Two, maybe three at the very most for me, including any creativity we can find however mercurial. Maybe a PCA or two as well. 

I genuinely hope he doesn't. Not that I don't want to see good players at Dens. Part of the reason we're always such a mess is that we change half our squad every window. Would send the wrong message to the guys who are playing well too. 
Two, maybe three at the very most for me, including any creativity we can find however mercurial. Maybe a PCA or two as well. 
There's very little depth though. The problem has been with changing the starting line up and using subs appropriately IMO.

As it is, I think there's 4 or 5 (full backs, wingers and only 2 reliable forwards) players in the first 11 who if got hurt, could mess things up. It's really some dependable backup/competition we need.

It doesn't require an instant change but I fear we're still not equipped to fire well clear. The balance of the squad is absolutely atrocious, going into the season with only two 'known' full backs (with one of them making the step up) and youth players as back up (who haven't played there much) is insane - even Gary Irvine at his worst would have been good to have.

50 minutes ago, harry94 said:

There's very little depth though. The problem has been with changing the starting line up and using subs appropriately IMO.

As it is, I think there's 4 or 5 (full backs, wingers and only 2 reliable forwards) players in the first 11 who if got hurt, could mess things up. It's really some dependable backup/competition we need.

It doesn't require an instant change but I fear we're still not equipped to fire well clear. The balance of the squad is absolutely atrocious, going into the season with only two 'known' full backs (with one of them making the step up) and youth players as back up (who haven't played there much) is insane - even Gary Irvine at his worst would have been good to have.

Can't disagree with this. At the same time we seem to have a ton of central defenders and midfielders. However I still think slow and steady is the way. If I could pick any two types of player for the window it would be a full back and a wide midfielder. Forward line would be the next on the list but only if it's someone a bit special. After that I really would stop.

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

I'd rather you punted them over the road and helped them stay in the wee league if you don't mind

Agent Scobbie done a fine job of that last season.

With Anthony stokes and lee Erwin quitting Tractor Sazi one of them would be a good addition upfront, I’m sure they have Harry forrester as well who is by no means a world beater but is better than what we have, might also be an option to ask about lee Wallace as he is obviously out of gerrards plans?

6 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Classy United boys going blackface.

Never change.

He didn't just do his face, he was full body black and had some fake sunglasses, ala folk who sell sunglasses by the beach abroad. 

Dt-iapaW0AE3mpJ.jpg-large.thumb.jpeg.593d2802d363ef77c389c530b622bcab.jpeg.3eed077f692f65b59c7273b861905d83.jpeg

Edited by RandomGuy.