All things Dundee FC

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That whole article screams of an agent paying a journalist to promote their player.

Bingo, it's not even subtle with quotes like this:

Hibernian, Oxford United, Gillingham and Colchester United are all chasing Dundee FC’s talismanic forward Adil Nabi,

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

Did we not say the same about Martin Boyle?

Boyle was 22 when he left us and played nearly 100 games in Scottish football.

Nabi is nearly 25 and played about 20 games in his career. Mostly as a sub. I don't think we'd miss him and reckon McIntyre will be punting him in January regardless as his contract expires then.

...selling Tannadice and Gussie could give them cash...

For all they mock us about the Bennett/Dens situation Tannadice and Gussie is not theirs to sell though is it?

I'd be ok with a groundshare but we seem to be too far down the road for an equal partnership - As Nelms said - we'd welcome them as lodgers. They refused to get in from the start - which was the council's preference.

I'd miss Dens but it really has outlived its usefulness. No point in having a stadium with character if it doesn't work for you.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Nabi is nearly 25 and played about 20 games in his career. Mostly as a sub. I don't think we'd miss him and reckon McIntyre will be punting him in January regardless as his contract expires then.

Fair point.

5 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Kilmac stadium. Dens is old news.....

Times are changing :-(.

Could the land they have bought not be used for something else if stadium dosnt happen?
I thought it was a matter of months ( this was in September) and we were ready to go.

Just seems all bullshit still.

I'm happy to stay where we are and get our name back to Dens Park

Everyone still calls it Dens. 

9 hours ago, kristov said:

For all they mock us about the Bennett/Dens situation Tannadice and Gussie is not theirs to sell though is it?

I'd be ok with a groundshare but we seem to be too far down the road for an equal partnership - As Nelms said - we'd welcome them as lodgers. They refused to get in from the start - which was the council's preference.

I'd miss Dens but it really has outlived its usefulness. No point in having a stadium with character if it doesn't work for you.

Apologies, they sold Gussie to Mike Martin. Tannadice is technically there's though but there's security loans against it (which the status of isn't clear), it's quite likely the new ground could resolve that issue I'd think.

I still think if they were fully invested in it, it'd be very hard for Keyes to refuse, as long as they weren't ripping the pish with their terms. Maybe planning permission time would make it very awkward but right now, the timing is perfect. There's still a lot that can be adapted.

12 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Just to add to your point, an additional problem is that, despite our upturn, we do need additional signings in a few positions I think. Nabi is an opportunity to free up funds now and that may be valuable and keep us up if it's put towards a good use.

My only problem with January signings is that in general they are pish, having been released by a club that has discovered their pishiness.
I'm struggling to remember any January signing that was not pish- or worse.

Tell me you haven’t forgotten Arturo...

22 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

We’ll offer Whittaker for Nabi.