All things Dundee FC

If Ralph doesn't get his red card overturned (which I don't think he will as looking at it on tv it was a dangerous tackle) who do we play left back ?
C Miller needs to play more offensively as his defending isn't the best

Moussa? Keep him as far away from the front as possible.

If Ralph doesn't get his red card overturned (which I don't think he will as looking at it on tv it was a dangerous tackle) who do we play left back ?

While I agree regarding Miller, I’d be surprised if he doesn’t drop back. Unless the youths have some unknown superstar, Nabi or Deacon if fit would be more natural replacements at left midfield than anyone else would be at left back.

I’d rather that wasn’t the case as it will make us weaker down that side but not sure there’s an alternative.

1 hour ago, SpiderDee said:

According to McIntyre the ref told him he sent Ralph off for denying a goalscoring opportunity so the beaks can't use the dangerous tackle as an excuse for not rescinding the red card. 

They will still manage to though. 

16 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Anyone know the reason why Martin resigned after so long at the club?

He didn't resign but no idea. No one will either.

With immediate effect is a nice way of saying ejected before feet could touch the ground. His "backstabber" post doesn't help things either.

Drama at Dens. Who would've thought it.

Also taken from Twitter...

Dundee MD John Nelms; Stadium plans still ongoing but admits his timescale ‘blown out the water’, formal application in no later than next summer. Talks with Council & other parties to continue.

Surely this was always on the card and this new stadium is just becoming a bit of a joke ? Is this really a surprise to anyone ?

Sure a few lads on here who were in the know could shed a bit more light on it?
I'm certainly not in the know but I always thought Keyes's timescale was ambitious. They've invested money in the acquisition of the land; the council are desperate for it to happen; the city needs a decent multi-purpose stadium venue so I'm still hopeful.

I'm just worried that any delays will inevitably mean a scaling back of the stadium plans.

However, delays mean more time to say our goodbyes to Dens Park!

25 minutes ago, kristov said:

I'm certainly not in the know but I always thought Keyes's timescale was ambitious. They've invested money in the acquisition of the land; the council are desperate for it to happen; the city needs a decent multi-purpose stadium venue so I'm still hopeful.

I'm just worried that any delays will inevitably mean a scaling back of the stadium plans.

However, delays mean more time to say our goodbyes to Dens Park!

Out of curiosty....  what are they going to do with Dens Park? Correct me if im wrong, is the main stand not a listed building? 

Out of curiosty....  what are they going to do with Dens Park? Correct me if im wrong, is the main stand not a listed building? 
No, it's not listed according to the council website. It'll be demolished, no doubt, making way for a housing and retail development.

4 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

It's not a listed building, it's a common myth.

In it's current state, the land is apparently worth very little - there were considerations of selling Dens during admin 1 and it obviously did go pre admin 2 but it was for almost nothing. A theory I have is that if there was some sort of development project that also encompassed Tannadice and Gussie, it might be economical to achieve something for it. That's just me thinking out loud and something I've made up but that could present a route to easing United's problems which, according to Spence on Saturday and Companies House, are quite dire with a fair bit of liabilities on the balance sheet. I do think it'll go ahead and my instinct is that United will end up involved too.

I don’t care about the new ground really. Happy to stay at Dens but excited to move to a new ground too. They have bought the land (well as far as we know) so they must be serious. I’m more concerned with events on the pitch and the last 4 games have certainly cheered me up. If we do move Dens is John Bennet’s problem. Hopefully the Arabs go bust and the reformed club is ground sharing with Lochee United.

51 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Surely we would of heard by now?

Or is it we are waiting for United to be taken over by more Americans that this will happen?

Just a wee hunch but I reckon that once they get the ownership situation sorted, it might be on the table. I would be surprised if there's not been contact between United's mystery owners and Keyes already. If the new Nelms timescale is approved, that means that you are looking until August to have a formal planning application and a lot can happen until then - even then, there's not really a finite date but you would expect that it'd suit their interests to get it sorted sooner rather than later (if it is the plan) so they can assert their influence on it.

Might be blown out of the water in the next few days if some new owners arrive there and instantly rule it out but I just think that the economic argument is quite strong. From United's side of things, there seems a long term structural problem that, at minimum, has them in a figure of debt comfortably in the 7 figure region - the short term issues of not being successful on the pitch are also making it worse; selling Tannadice and Gussie could give them cash to clear all of that and have enough left over to stake cash up front in favour of a relatively favourable lease which would already come with less in the way of running costs. For Keyes, it opens up an additional revenue stream with someone renting the facility and then it has the added bonus that it perhaps frees up additional grant money and generally eases the proecess (much easier for local authority to hand even more financial support if it is for the benefit of both city teams, also adds more interest to getting the application over the line).

I know this won't be partcularly popular, on either side, but I don't think the emotional issues are near insurmountable. If this was Dundee moving into Tannadice (as was proposed years ago) or vice versa, it would be a non starter but this is a theoretically new facility that they can spin 'equal partners' in fairly easily so I think it'd be quite doable.

3 minutes ago, Eoin Doyle said:

Good luck to the lad. Not really good enough. Cracking ability but doesn't really make an impact. I'd be happy to offload him as I can't see him breaking into our midfield.

7 minutes ago, Eoin Doyle said:

That whole article screams of an agent paying a journalist to promote their player.

Edited by RandomGuy.