All things Dundee FC

I'm expecting a reaction to yesterday's result & performance.
Guaranteed, SC won't underestimate a Dundee team who appear to have improved significantly since getting rid of McCann. 
If we play like we have been recently, especially at home as we did against Hibs & Livi, we should have more than enough to get a positive result.
Broadfoot back in defence is a bonus, we sorely missed his organisation at Parkhead.
whilst i agree with you about broadfoot who would ever have thought he would be an important player for any club in his career.

im slightly optimistic going into this as, hopefully, the hidding you got is the beginning of a slump. id take a 1-1 just now but hoping for 2-1 the dee!

Unbeaten in 4 games, which has included: two games where we came from behind to equalise (once from 2 down), one where we played for 70-odd minutes with only 10 men and a 4-0 thrashing. Can anyone honestly say that we could have expected any of these at all under McCann??

Even having said this, can't really see us getting any more than 1 or 2 points before Christmas...

Credit to McIntyre.
Keeping a steady set of players every week and playing them to their strengths has really paid off.
4 games undefeated and 6 in 4 for Miller.
I was optimistic when Miller joined, but that was soon lost when McCann had him dropping deep/playing him wide. With McIntyre now playing him constantly on the shoulder of the last defender, Miller is in his element, its where he has always played his best football.
He has even managed to change O'Dea back into a decent centre half and I think this is all down to consistency.
Off the bottom with Accies in our sights, should I dare to have a little hope going into games now?
Great work from the team in the last month.

A consistent team makes such a difference - just the one enforced change today. McCann's tombola selections were a recipe for disaster.

Guest Moomintroll
We had two big decisions against us - Jack should have been shown a second yellow and sent off.
Was still one, Ralph should have been sent off for the challenge but he should also be successful with his appeal as Muir sent him off for the wrong thing.

Credit to McIntyre.
Keeping a steady set of players every week and playing them to their strengths has really paid off.
4 games undefeated and 6 in 4 for Miller.
I was optimistic when Miller joined, but that was soon lost when McCann had him dropping deep/playing him wide. With McIntyre now playing him constantly on the shoulder of the last defender, Miller is in his element, its where he has always played his best football.
He has even managed to change O'Dea back into a decent centre half and I think this is all down to consistency.
Off the bottom with Accies in our sights, should I dare to have a little hope going into games now?
Great work from the team in the last month.

Absolutely this. He took over a bunch of guys with zero confidence and has got them playing. After more than a season McCann had no idea what his best team was and how to blend them. We had no defensive solidity, no width, we were ponderous, didn’t look like scoring, Moussa playing every week, Cammy at left back, the keeper a basket case. I was unsure about McIntyre but was prepared to give him a fair chance, there’s a long way to go but he’s made a great start so far.

Brilliant result, well done McIntyre. Beginning to think  we can survive. If we get another striker, midfielder and a keeper in January I think we can have a good go at it. 

Edited to add, hopefully will also punt Moussa in January 

Edited by mungo

Credit where credit is due, I don't think Hamilton is a good keeper and was a bit iffy for the goal, but he removed immense pressure at times by claiming a few difficult balls into the box where I possibly wouldn't have expected him to claim it. 

If we can increase his confidence there might be a player in him yet.

Hands up, I thought McIntyre was a shocking appointment, but what a good 4 games we have had. I thought we would be rooted to the bottom all season. 

Still a massive job ahead this season, but I’m more confident than I’ve been for ages. 

Can only echo the sentiments here. Jimmy Mc has done really well recently and the confidence in the team is growing. Consistently keeping the same team is key.

I thought we defended brilliantly yesterday.

Onwards and upwards. [emoji1307][emoji1307][emoji1307]