All things Dundee FC

9 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

By my calculations we are now into the fifth month of the league campaign and Dundee have only 5 points.

1 point a month on average if I’m not mistaken.

IMG_0475.jpg

Did you calculate that all by yourself?  If so, with or without a calculator?

Edited by Shadow Play

1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:

By my calculations we are now into the fifth month of the league campaign and Dundee have only 5 points.

IMG_0475.jpg

Equals your gate receipts if your game clashes with a Sevco home game. 

McIntyres first January wasn't even that good was it? 
Curran and Fraser the only ones he signed who played regularly. Boyce and Irvine were already there.
He signed Irvine the summer after, he was on loan at Killie that season IIRC.

Curran and Fraser type players (as they were then) are what we arguably need tbh. They were good signings and contributed at this level consistently when they arrived. What he inherited was a lot of players just not up to the level, similar to Dundee. Adams had a lot of Dutch based players on the books, Marc Klok for example, who weren't up the level.

That's a pretty good window in my book and if Dundee get a few boring players who are average enough bottom six players who can contribute every week, that's great and should give us a fight for 10th (if we pick up enough this season to stay a wee bit off).

IMG_0475.jpg.cab60d333bff8b3975d016518244d265.jpg

A bit harsh when we haven’t played a game in December yet.

1.25 a month...

1 hour ago, D TOTAL said:

Surely Dundee has got to attract better players than Dingwall ....right?emoji52.png

The location of Dingwall was countered by the facilities they had for training.

We however are in a better location but use the university as a facility and although I've never seen it personally, I've been led to believe it's a sodden, uneven area.

Money. Money helps. Wads of cash.

2 hours ago, D TOTAL said:

Surely Dundee has got to attract better players than Dingwall ....right?emoji52.png

I certainly hope we are not desperate enough yet to go for Fraser Dingwall.  We’ve already got a striker that thinks the aim of the game is kicking the ball over the crossbar.

410E6898-7912-43D0-80A8-DF92CE448DBD.jpeg

This is the anniversary of Alan Gilzean's last game for Dundee. He scored a hat-trick, Andy Penman the other, in a 4-4 draw against St Johnstone at Dens on Saturday 5 December, 1964. Attendance was 10,347 according to the London Hearts site or 12,000 in "They Wore The Dark Blue". 

1 hour ago, Eednud said:

This is the anniversary of Alan Gilzean's last game for Dundee. He scored a hat-trick, Andy Penman the other, in a 4-4 draw against St Johnstone at Dens on Saturday 5 December, 1964. Attendance was 10,347 according to the London Hearts site or 12,000 in "They Wore The Dark Blue". 

Funnily enough, a Saints player, Jackie Coburn, scored a hat trick in the same game.

You wonder how many times two players have scored hat-tricks for opposing teams. He was pretty much the opposite of Gilzean, as Coburn never scored in any other game for Saints. His brother, Willie, is in our Hall of Fame.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Funnily enough, a Saints player, Jackie Coburn, scored a hat trick in the same game.
You wonder how many times two players have scored hat-tricks for opposing teams. He was pretty much the opposite of Gilzean, as Coburn never scored in any other game for Saints. His brother, Willie, is in our Hall of Fame.

Very interesting.

On 03/12/2018 at 22:36, harry94 said:

He signed Irvine the summer after, he was on loan at Killie that season IIRC.

Irvine was on loan at Ross County that season.  He signed permanently under McIntyre the following season.  McIntyre's best two players (Boyce and Irvine) were brought in by Derek Adams and Stevie Ferguson respectively. 

Fraser and Curran did join that January.  Raffa De Vita joined then as well, he had an immediate impact (at least when his debut finally came around on 14 February) and kickstarted the winning sequence.

3 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Irvine was on loan at Ross County that season.  He signed permanently under McIntyre the following season.  McIntyre's best two players (Boyce and Irvine) were brought in by Derek Adams and Stevie Ferguson respectively. 

Fraser and Curran did join that January.  Raffa De Vita joined then as well, he had an immediate impact (at least when his debut finally came around on 14 February) and kickstarted the winning sequence.

Fair dos, I can't read Wikipedia.

I think a few good signings would give us a good fight tbh. Squad is woefully unbalanced but there are established top flight players there so I think it's recovereable if McIntyre gets January right.

50 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Our next four fixtures are absolutely brutal.

You'll beat us. We're due our annual Winter slump and a loss at Dens always seems to be part of that.

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You'll beat us. We're due our annual Winter slump and a loss at Dens always seems to be part of that.

We're not due to play St Johnstone in our next four fixtures. Surely you didn't think RossDee was terrified at that prospect?