All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

Neither Jeffries or Waddell are good enough for this level yet. Absolutely the right move sending them out on loan to gain some experience for the season.

Waddell in far less appearances and as a defender scored one less league goal (excluding penalties) than Moussa our main striker did last season.

Then again surely no one thinks Moussa is good enough for this level either.

I’d have sent them both out too knowing Waddell would get game time and be back at Christmas, the thing that confuses me is Jeffries loan move to a team that’s never gonna play him, essentially all that’s happened is he is stopped playing for our reserves and now plays for Partick reserves..pointless

Neither are any of our centre halfs.

We are brutal .

Waddell at least has some confidence and the Morton fans actually like him and were hoping to have him back.

Our whole defence right now is shite.
Unpopular opinion but I think our centre backs are fine. I think people have short memories about Kusunga - expect him and O'Dea to be solid under this manager.

Neither are any of our centre halfs.

We are brutal .

Waddell at least has some confidence and the Morton fans actually like him and were hoping to have him back.

Our whole defence right now is shite.

Our centre backs are arguably the strongest part of our team just now. Neither of the two boys out on loan would be regular starters and would spend most of the season on the bench. Meekings, Kusunga and O’Dea are all better and have a load more experience.

Unpopular opinion but I think our centre backs are fine. I think people have short memories about Kusunga - expect him and O'Dea to be solid under this manager.

I think the playing it out from the back was seriously undermining the confidence of the whole defence. We’ve looked far more solid in the last 2 games and even, whisper it, Hamilton has looked far less flappy.

16 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

We have individuals that could maybe do their job every so often. As a team we are shitebags.

We have Hibernian next. We are already talking about how many we are gonna let in.

Meh still have a new stadium..

What's the update on this ?

4 months overdue on a statement promised by Nelms and the files that were redacted back in April haven't been re-uploaded. All that a month after Keyes saying "part of the family but I'm not making money".

Reeks of shit.

Yer man Charlie Adam in the papers today saying he's going to demand a January loan move back to Scotland. 

He then spends the majority of the interview talking about how much he loves Rangers and respects Gerrard.

On 11/17/2018 at 13:08, Crawford said:

4 months overdue on a statement promised by Nelms and the files that were redacted back in April haven't been re-uploaded. All that a month after Keyes saying "part of the family but I'm not making money".

Reeks of shit.

Not sure what you're on about but the files that went up at the time are all still freely able to view on the Dundee City Council planning page.

I've no idea if it's on the right track or not (and these things are pretty much always years behind track with Aberdeen a notable recent example) but they've spent 7 figures on this after ploughing in a huge amount of money into the club for other means (maintaining a very very good playing budget despite fan complaints). If this is some trickery, they've really went to a lot of effort for it. It's always been a really ambitious plan with the scope of it (with stuff like housing etc) so more likely is that they are putting out a lot of fires and making up for early errors.

Just now, G_Man1985 said:

I thought it was fact it was happening? All plans etc were all done was just a matter of when it starts ?

Still think personally it's all bullshit. Wasn't one of the guys over in America wanting to sell up ?

A new stadium in the championship would look nice.

The only hurdle that come out to the press was the issue with Transport Scotland and the rumour mill was that it was close to or had been resolved but no idea how true that is or was. Another bit of speculation was that the club had lined up a development partner at the end of last season to take on the project (iirc it was meant to be Robertsons who do the schools etc) but they have changed partner which has set things back a fair bit - again, no idea but that'd explain a huge amount.

I think the amount of resources they've put in of their own money in this does make me think that the will is there and there is a really good chance that they'll get this (or a similar project - maybe scaled down in size) done. Plans change etc but it's a lot to go through if they aren't set on it.

As for selling shares, the only place I've seen that is you saying that here. There's nothing of worth in the club right now so if that was true, there's not really any incentive for FPS to do anything else. They could simply have just cut the budget as much as possible to eliminate the running loss as much as possible. It's only really worth what's in the bank account and that's from them so they aren't getting anything back and I don't think they'd be wasting much time trying to appease us when they can just f**k off and never be seen again in an instant.

Just now, G_Man1985 said:

Yeah might of not been shares. Can't remember where I heard this from. Will see if I can find out where I seen it.
Also wasn't there still an issue with planning permission something to do with the Kingsway ( probably the council).

Sadly being a Dundee fan and always been ran by cowboys dosnt keep me with much faith in the club.

The issue was that to completely satisfy Transport Scotland, they needed a flyover on the Kingsway which would cost a huge amount of money and there would be arguments about who pays for that and what the quote would be. There were a few compromise solutions proposed but they needed to get Transport Scotland to approve them and that was the last thing that was reported in the press.

The council weren't involved in that issue as the Kingsway is technically designated as a trunk road so it's actually a national problem rather than a local one. They can't submit for planning permission (or at least, it'd be stupid to) until they have Transport Scotland's blessing. There may well be other issues but that's the one that's being reported.

The only other thing I could think of was the Camperdown House people being awkward but think they'll be easy to deal with and are just using it to try and get some grants. I think they'll be put in their place quite easily if it goes further.

8 hours ago, harry94 said:

Not sure what you're on about but the files that went up at the time are all still freely able to view on the Dundee City Council planning page.

I've no idea if it's on the right track or not (and these things are pretty much always years behind track with Aberdeen a notable recent example) but they've spent 7 figures on this after ploughing in a huge amount of money into the club for other means (maintaining a very very good playing budget despite fan complaints). If this is some trickery, they've really went to a lot of effort for it. It's always been a really ambitious plan with the scope of it (with stuff like housing etc) so more likely is that they are putting out a lot of fires and making up for early errors.

I went to the planning day and I have the planning portal in my favourites. I check it every day. I'm a bit of a nut job.

The application is split into three components. One of them had more extensive drawings including the proposed "sound wall" to be erected down the boundary of the Kingsway. This "drawing" file also had plans for the secondary housing development and the crematorium.

These were taken back and not re uploaded. This worried me greatly because this is mutually beneficial for the owners and council. The council got a crematorium and more revenue through housing and council tax. The owners got rent through DBPH for the houses, Dundee FC for stadium rent and upkeep and commercial revenue from renting out the training facilities and stadium itself to other events.

A lot of the design is ripped straight from the Viking stadion but I agree it was one very well out together plan.

This is miles from being sorted though. I certainly hope it happens.

Edited by Crawford
Revenue became venue.

22 hours ago, Crawford said:

This "drawing" file also had plans for the secondary housing development and the crematorium.

These were taken back and not re uploaded. This worried me greatly because this is mutually beneficial for the owners and council.

As far as I know the housing and crematorium need to be reviewed a bit further than the original plans due to it not fitting the land use proposed for the site.

I have heard the council had knocked back a previous housing development on the North of the site before so I assume they will have concerns about access, noise etc but these can all be ironed out usually.

As for the crematorium there is a need for another one (Dundee has one of the the highest prices to get cremated in Scotland) but there is a council review going on about locations/pricing with regards to that so it's maybe been slowed down by that too.

Eta - don't know about the transport link but I had heard a rumour that they'd sorted that with Bear/Transport Scotland... Might just be a rumour tho.

I'd guess it's maybe also been slowed down by the club coz it'd be a bit mental building a new bigger stadium if we are still looking at the drop since there would be an extra outlay of cash required to get us back up if we did.

Edited by locheedee