All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Hello, fellow dark blue shite brothers.

Quick question, how did Marcus Haber score goals for you lot? 

Because he's not giving us the slightest bit of hope for doing that with us. Please, take him back.

He was never a brilliant goalscorer (not completely woeful but isn't what I'd define as prolific) but he was outstanding in the air and a very clever hold up player. We were ridiculously reliant on him for a while and couldn't function without him as he took so much pressure off the defence.

I think years and years of constant injuries have maybe just destroyed him. I still wouldn't be overly surprised if he come back to do OK for you or even us though. He's the sort of player that when they are poor and maybe not getting used in a certain way, they look completely hopeless but that can change in an instant. He come back after months of being injured at New Year and put in an outstanding performance at McDiarmid last season which was quite unexpected.

14 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

We've had a horrendous few years recently. Back to back relegations followed by back to back 10th place finishes in League 2.  We've lost 10-0 to Hearts but I would still say Moussa scoring a hat-trick against us is one of the most embarrassing things that's happened to us.  Did he not score an overhead kick as well? :lol: 

Yeah. Set off a magnitude 2.1 quake afterwards.

1 hour ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Hello, fellow dark blue shite brothers.

Quick question, how did Marcus Haber score goals for you lot? 

Because he's not giving us the slightest bit of hope for doing that with us. Please, take him back.

Quick answer, he didn't.

Sorry man.

2 hours ago, harry94 said:

He was never a brilliant goalscorer (not completely woeful but isn't what I'd define as prolific) but he was outstanding in the air and a very clever hold up player. We were ridiculously reliant on him for a while and couldn't function without him as he took so much pressure off the defence.

I think years and years of constant injuries have maybe just destroyed him. I still wouldn't be overly surprised if he come back to do OK for you or even us though. He's the sort of player that when they are poor and maybe not getting used in a certain way, they look completely hopeless but that can change in an instant. He come back after months of being injured at New Year and put in an outstanding performance at McDiarmid last season which was quite unexpected.

Plus his performance against United in one of our games against them in the cup last year was outstanding !

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

I like Waddell.  Although Waddell is probably not on big money, hopefully it’s more to do with keeping the wage bill down so that McIntyre can have funds to bring in some of the players he thinks we need the most.

Thinking of the long game. Problem is the long game is going to be the short game very soon. With the winter shut down and the window coming soon I hope he already has targets waiting.

38 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Our defence is brutal. Morton are telling us he is doing great and we let him keep him.

Here is a player full of confidence by the sound of it while we have a full squad who can't have much confidence right now.

January is huge

I second this entirely. If we have a window like the last few we are frankly fucked.

Yanks have been largely giving money to do deals but the three they should have stumped up for in my opinion were -

McCall to manage ( haven't given up on McIntyre but feel McCall would have handled the current squad perfectly)

Shankland or another goal scorer. (Kallman hasn't quite peaked yet I don't think but more really is more right now.)

Whatever Killie offered for Stewart. (Someone was sleeping on this one)

Could also have done with another keeper to challenge Parish. Bain and Parish bounced off eachother well.

He must have given up  being replaced by that Hamilton tit.

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

I second this entirely. If we have a window like the last few we are frankly fucked.

Yanks have been largely giving money to do deals but the three they should have stumped up for in my opinion were -

McCall to manage ( haven't given up on McIntyre but feel McCall would have handled the current squad perfectly)

Shankland or another goal scorer. (Kallman hasn't quite peaked yet I don't think but more really is more right now.)

Whatever Killie offered for Stewart. (Someone was sleeping on this one)

Could also have done with another keeper to challenge Parish. Bain and Parish bounced off eachother well.

He must have given up  being replaced by that Hamilton tit.

Great post, pretty much how I see things as well although I don’t know if I’d take the risk on Shankland in January if we were only to bring in 1 striker. I’d be pestering the life out of Hemmings to get him back up here in January. Harry Kewells been sacked this week as his manager at Notts County so I’d be  asking if he’s in the new manager’s plans. Got to go for tried and trusted players at this level in January. 

Great post, pretty much how I see things as well although I don’t know if I’d take the risk on Shankland in January if we were only to bring in 1 striker. I’d be pestering the life out of Hemmings to get him back up here in January. Harry Kewells been sacked this week as his manager at Notts County so I’d be  asking if he’s in the new manager’s plans. Got to go for tried and trusted players at this level in January. 

Shankland won't be signing for us in January but a precontract to move elsewhere next summer.

My money would still be Hearts or a team down south.

18 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Do we have the option to keep kallman or is he gone when his loan is up?

I think it was a loan with the option but obviously he has a say in that. I would imagine with how things are going and no predisposition towards us he will not opt to stay.

Edited by Crawford
Autocorrect being autowrong.

Neither Jeffries or Waddell are good enough for this level yet. Absolutely the right move sending them out on loan to gain some experience for the season.
id personally have liked to see waddell stay and challenge for a spot. dont think either boyle or inniss are a huge improvement on him. a year of first team football will undoubtedly bring him on but he could have done a job

Neither Jeffries or Waddell are good enough for this level yet. Absolutely the right move sending them out on loan to gain some experience for the season.
I think the question on Jeffries was maybe because they have hundreds of centre backs so it maybe wasn't the wisest move.