All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

Out of interest, why is McIntyre referred to as shagger? Is there a story there? 

I dunno but Tam Cowan used to go on about the size of his knob quite regularly on Off The Ball so I reckon he might know. 

1 hour ago, RossDee01 said:

BoredomGuy seem interesting.

This'll be printed off and added to my folder of "most nice posts about me".

Hoping to get a new binder this Christmas so might save this and make it the very first one in that though.

A big decision to be made there.

This'll be printed off and added to my folder of "most nice posts about me".
Hoping to get a new binder this Christmas so might save this and make it the very first one in that though.
A big decision to be made there.

I met your mum once, she said you were a c**t.

1 hour ago, Eednud said:

That can't be Dens Park. Don't think the enclosure was built until about the same time as the floodlights were erected. 

43 minutes ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

Both the enclosure and floodlights were erected around '59 so definitely not Dens in the top pic

Its a Cardiff City photo from the 1920s.

43 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

I remember he had one good game against Celtic at Dens.

Sure you're no thinking of Philip Roberts? 

I remember him ripping Celtic up down our right wing, but don't recall Calder doing anything remotely similar.

Roberts made his Dundee debut, where he provided an assist for James McPake, in a 1-1 draw against Celtic on 31 August 2014

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28917052

Edited by Boo Khaki

Calder did have a good game at home to County and looked a spark at times. He was then pretty anonymous and struggled a bit at Hamilton so was dropped and then took a total tantrum on social media where he would post weekly (when the team was announced) about how shit his life is and how he's only getting through it because God is on his side.

Hartley come in for a lot of flak IIRC but think he was just especially thick by footballer standards. It's always interesting how these 'God is great...I am God's messenger and express his message through rap and my fashion statements...' type personalities in football always seem to contradict their loving message with their actions.

3 hours ago, harry94 said:

...It's always interesting how these 'God is great...I am God's messenger and express his message through rap and my fashion statements...' type personalities in football always seem to contradict their loving message with their actions.

Well, there's Juan Sara, Julian Speroni and Brian Irvine. But none of them were really rappers or fashionistas. Except possibly the great Brian Irvine, who wasn't above rapping an opponent in his own inimitable fashion (when strictly necessary).