All things Dundee FC

7 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

But......... we will have a new stadium. Exciting times ahead.

Sometimes you need to take a step back to move forward G_Man. A new stadium and team winning almost every week is a joy to behold. You are of course 30 years behind the mighty Saints but we all knew that already. 

Sometimes you need to take a step back to move forward G_Man. A new stadium and team winning almost every week is a joy to behold. You are of course 30 years behind the mighty Saints but we all knew that already. 

f**k are we stuck in 1920?

I thought yesterday was a slight improvement on the basis there seemed to be a wee bit more fight, that being said we are utter garbage. 

McIntyre has inherited a horrendous squad there is no doubt about that. Yesterday however I thought his idea to leave Miller upfront on his own when 1-0 down was borderline criminal. Scottish football knows miller is finished. Livi knew after 2 games, McIntyre should already know. 

We could have been in with more of a chance yesterday if we didn’t squander every free kick and corner. 

On the Gowser topic, think we need him back cause even if he is having a pish game still better than half the team. Woods might add a bit of physicality after seeing his wee cameo yesterday. 

Massive game on Saturday, hope the fans turn out. Mon the Dee!

M8 you stay in Newport, 1920 is very very generous. 

I live near Newport btw. I’m guessing you’re not over this side off the water too often but Newport on Tay is a very nice place to live. 2 good restaurants, 2 good pubs, 2 small supermarkets, hairdresser, barber, butcher, florist and a couple of artisan type shops. What’s not to like?

We are in a situation that many fans thought we would be in. 

McCann clearly wasnt a manager, and sadly he was an utterly useless talent spotter. Not one of his permanent summer signings is good enough for this level, even the Championship is debatable for most of them. The players he released would piss all over the players he signed.

McIntyre was a daft knee jerk reactionary WTF moment, but we are stuck with him for the next few months.

The last three seasons have been amongst the most miserable to support us, even if we pull off the largest miracle and somehow stay up, 90% of the players at the club need to be binned, it really isnt going to get any better anytime soon. 

It's in Fife?

Pretty lazy stuff Tam. Round the coast from Elie to Wormit you have some of the best places to live in Scotland including obviously St Andrews which is a pretty phenomenal town.
West Fife is a tad different, badly let down, like the rest of post industrial Scotland, by successive Westminster governments and in particular by the Labour Party imo. I was on Question Time a few years ago in Cowdenbeath. The people living in this part of Fife have voted in labour councils and labour MPs for decades. During that time we’ve had long periods of Labour having an overall majority in Westminster, the PM at that time lived less than 10 miles away from the venue and I found myself thinking what the f**k have you c***s done for these folk, your bread and butter supporters.
It’s easy to point and laugh but West Fife has been completely shafted.

20 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Pretty lazy stuff Tam. Round the coast from Elie to Wormit you have some of the best places to live in Scotland including obviously St Andrews which is a pretty phenomenal town.
West Fife is a tad different, badly let down, like the rest of post industrial Scotland, by successive Westminster governments and in particular by the Labour Party imo. I was on Question Time a few years ago in Cowdenbeath. The people living in this part of Fife have voted in labour councils and labour MPs for decades. During that time we’ve had long periods of Labour having an overall majority in Westminster, the PM at that time lived less than 10 miles away from the venue and I found myself thinking what the f**k have you c***s done for these folk, your bread and butter supporters.
It’s easy to point and laugh but West Fife has been completely shafted.

Ffs Spud you're better than this.

What the maximum people would pay for a season ticket? Prices are already in my opinion pretty expensive so if we were to hike up the prices again I'm unsure if I would get another.

In my opinion the ceiling has been reached already.
I only got one this year as I was able to take advantage of the super early bird. (Which I now regret as I sit week after week watching the turgid dross on the park).
Next season if the prices remain static, I may renew my ST. If the prices go up I certainly will not renew. If we are relegated - which looks likely - I’d expect prices to drop. If they don’t I’ll not be renewing ST.
I’d probably just go PATG and pick and choose my games.

Wasn't at the game yesterday but from what I read here there was a slight improvement. I was at Tannadice yesterday and all this negativity around McIntyre made me think- you can only pish with the cock you've got and NM has left shagger particularly short in that department. Neilson has a couple of attributes at his disposal which we could do with ie someone who can boss a midfield (Fyvie) and a target man that knows what he is doing (Safranco). However the gulf between Championship football is plain to see with QoS offering very little in way of fight and Utd struggling to make clear cut chances.

I think we as Dundee fans should support McIntyre until he can get in some decent players as we are all (based on what I see and what I read here) in agreement that NM has left a squad full of dross. But we all know football is a 'confidence' sport and with a win even dross can up their game in the short term (Moussa being the exception).
So let's stick with it and hope/pray we get the rub of the green on Saturday and keep our season alive until the January transfer window.
C'on the Dee [emoji106][emoji106]

Ffs Spud you're better than this.

What do you mean? I honestly don’t know. You’re better than just saying ‘it’s in Fife’.

People from Perth seem to think they live in Paris or Venice. It’s mostly a shitehole as far as I can see.

Season tickets peaked for me. I cannot justify the spend at the best of times never mind the current situation.

If we go down the price will stay the same but be "cheaper" because of the extra games.

New stadium will come with a new price. If it even happens if we drop.

PATG for realistic games is what I will be looking at from now on. Not ideal for the club's finances or for the supporter in me but I could be doing other things with my kids.

Hell a season ticket for me and my Mrs is a weekend away in Blackpool.

Edited by Crawford

On 11/3/2018 at 19:30, Ludo*1 said:

There's not having a bounce and there's having less than a single shot on target average per game.

There's not having a bounce then there's deeming a 38 year old Kenny Miller is a winger.

There's  not having a bounce then there's dropping Parish for Hamilton.

There's not having a bounce and then there is alienating the fans with the Billy Dodds pish.

There's not having a bounce then there's a complete lack of identity on a squad.

There's not having a bounce then there's playing 11 men behind the ball and still looking easier to cut apart than we were before.

There's not having a bounce then there's playing Kusunga at LB.

Finally, there's not having a bounce and there's eating 13 goals in 4 games.

Not meaning to have a go Harry, but I'd be looking at emptying McIntyre already. He very much reminds me of Chisholm in approach and style and that's not just because I think he's a clueless bam.

You might well be right. I just think it's early and people are seeing the evidence they want to see when it's much more grey.

Just saying, we've played a couple of decent teams and his introduction was the team flogging 4 crosses that should have been easy to defend against.

I think it sums a lot of it up how we've had weeks of 'Cammy never a left back'....'Calvin can't defend, needs to be on the wing' and then it's become an issue with Kusunga getting put there to allow the rest of the team to be unaltered. I think it shows that there isn't really a good option at all.

The likes of Elton and Nabi are clueless on the pitch, great creative talents but they struggle to play to any sort of system and as such, are completely ineffective. Mendy can't really speak English so can't be tactically deployed. If he wants to put together a cohesive team who we can maybe build from, these guys are not yet ready to play and that leaves us in the awkward situation where we've got guys like Miller as must haves on the team sheet.

I hope it doesn't stay that way forever and we do get some of those guys back into the fold gradually (or do something else) but I do appreciate that he's trying to get us equipped for top level football. If we get humped on Saturday, the worries continue but hopefully, we can get something out of it. There's a lot of talk about no shots etc but we did have a wee bit in chance creation and we were defensively relatively solid.