All things Dundee FC

Current situation is that neither Dundee or St Mirren look capable of winning another point before May , other than the point each the 0-0 draw in the Doomed Derby will provide.

Dundees only chance of a play off place is through St Mirren suffering a points deduction.

4 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Wait, you mean to say the unlikely thing that I joked about is unlikely? Thanks for pointing this out to me.

Pretty sure you should be in the thread doon below preparing to throw doon with the Doonhammers.

Doon.

Who are the Doonhammers?

i thought st mirren would put together a few wins with the experience they brought in (ferdinand, hammil and jackson) and climb the league but thankfully kearney is doing an owen coyle there. Hamilton are hard to judge as they seem to consistently be in the shit but manage to drag themselves out it. i really think our next 2 games are both must wins.

The moment I knew we were fucked under McIntyre was when Celtic were down to 10 men, we were 5 goals down, the ball goes out of play about mid-way into Celtic's half and Craig Gordon saunters near to the Dundee dugout to take the throw in with not a Dee shirt in sight.

11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

The moment I knew we were fucked under McIntyre was when Celtic were down to 10 men, we were 5 goals down, the ball goes out of play about mid-way into Celtic's half and Craig Gordon saunters near to the Dundee dugout to take the throw in with not a Dee shirt in sight.

Did the 4-0 pumping by Livingston, conceding goals 30 seconds either side of the restart against Hearts or going into half time 4-0 down against Celtic not do it for you? McIntyre hasn't given us one slight glimmer of positivity since he's come in. Genuinely think most of the players have downed tools now that McCann has gone.

13 hours ago, Dee Man said:

At the risk of stating the obvious, it looks like it's a 3-way battle to see who takes the most points off each other - plus maybe fluke a few draws in other games - between us St Mirren and Accies. Need to see if we can remain within touching distance by January to see if McIntyre can pull off a couple of season turning, major signing coups. 

We've taken 3 points from 6 against St Mirren and Accies away from home. Just wait until they come to fortress Dens...

Remember when we beat Hamilton 1 - 0 and Dougie Imrie missed a penalty? Oh what a laugh that was...

...that was the last time we beat a full-time team at Dens.

12 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Was it the recent Livi game where every player ran to mark an opponent but no one actually went to the player with the ball, allowing him a free chip that nearly scored (hit the bar).

Clear examples of a team that is not switched on at all, no sense of urgency, no one chasing team mates to make something happen.  We are in a really poor state.

Was it the recent Livi game where every player ran to mark an opponent but no one actually went to the player with the ball, allowing him a free chip that nearly scored (hit the bar).
Clear examples of a team that is not switched on at all, no sense of urgency, no one chasing team mates to make something happen.  We are in a really poor state.
that was mclean for hearts. tge most brutal defending ive ever seen and that says a lot for us

19 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
31 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

Always found it strange that he was so highly rated by so many because he never once showed any glimmer of it on the pitch.

he was only highly rated as he was one of our own. kerr is in that group as well imo

He's shone for the reserves so far, maybe that's his current level.

Jack Hamilton could have been good but let down by current goalie coach at Hearts.