All things Dundee FC

We’ll have to agree to disagree on that one then. After St Mirren and Hamilton if I was given the choice of a team to play against it would be Livingston. They’ve got off to a fantastic start but I can’t help but think the bubble will eventually burst and they’ll be found out.

Unfortunately, with McIntyre coming in we’ll need about 8 or 9 new players in January since the players McCann signed in the summer (good or bad) were signed with the intention of playing McCann’s philosophy of playing out from the back. McIntyre on the other hand clearly prefers to play more direct, getting in peoples faces and winning ugly. Unfortunately we don’t have the players for that.

Regardless of how good or bad a manager McIntyre is, the players we have don’t suit the system he wants to play. I feel a bit sorry for McIntyre actually and Nelms is not getting near enough of the blame for this mess as he should be.
Agree with most of that. Think I posted on another thread that it's maybe time for some sort of Director of Football to handle football side. Nelms' decision making re the football side has been atrocious of late.

4 hours ago, captainkev said:

Dreadful doesn't begin to cover it. Quinn was dire for us last season, even before Csaba came in. He also had a health issue and some injuries that meant he was frequently unavailable, not that was actually any loss to the team. We weren't any worse in central defence when we had Murdoch, a centre midfielder/makeshift right back, playing there instead of Quinn.

Unsurprisingly he played in that 6-1 Falkirk game, but in terms of what I saw of last season, it's some truly shocking defending alongside Edgenguele for the goal that knocked us out the Challenge cup which really stands out.

If the rumours about Quinn are true then to follow on to General's post about McIntyre potentially being your Mixu, Quinn has the makings of being your Gunning signing. Albeit unlikely to be quite as mental.

Ignore all of this.  Quinn would make a fine signing and I reckon £20k could get you Edgenguele and Toshney.

2 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree on that one then. After St Mirren and Hamilton if I was given the choice of a team to play against it would be Livingston. They’ve got off to a fantastic start but I can’t help but think the bubble will eventually burst and they’ll be found out.

Unfortunately, with McIntyre coming in we’ll need about 8 or 9 new players in January since the players McCann signed in the summer (good or bad) were signed with the intention of playing McCann’s philosophy of playing out from the back. McIntyre on the other hand clearly prefers to play more direct, getting in peoples faces and winning ugly. Unfortunately we don’t have the players for that.

Regardless of how good or bad a manager McIntyre is, the players we have don’t suit the system he wants to play. I feel a bit sorry for McIntyre actually and Nelms is not getting near enough of the blame for this mess as he should be.

Spot on. Really not difficult to see. 

So many mistakes by McIntyre already.  

Form wise and how we're playing so far then we're a tougher team to face than the so called big teams you are scared of playing. We beat Sevco and Hibs playing at home, yet you think we're easier to play against than them. strange logic.

I’m scared of playing anyone right now to be completely honest with you. Like I said, it’s not a dig so there’s no point getting defensive. I don’t think it’s strange logic, theres a good reason the football season is 38 games long and not 10.

10 hours ago, MacArab said:

We are still in the Seaside Leagues.

Seaside Leagues is a term used to describe the third and fourth tiers of Scottish football. Usually the cracking away days in seaside towns rather than the boring trips to somewhere in the central belt, as the second tier often is. You'd think after three years of being shite you'd have picked up the lower league vernacular. :whistle

Dundee United (sadly) aren't in the seaside leagues.

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

I’m scared of playing anyone right now to be completely honest with you. Like I said, it’s not a dig so there’s no point getting defensive. I don’t think it’s strange logic, theres a good reason the football season is 38 games long and not 10.

Talking of defensive, we've the best defensive record in the league too.;)

I understand how it's hard to believe, but just at this moment Livi are one of the top 3 form teams and have to be looked at as a tough opponent, esp at the TMA.

What happens after 38 games has no bearing on playing us just now though, we're not talking about where Livi will be then, it was about where we were at the weekend.

Can't quite get my head round how good we are this season either right enough, just enjoying it while it lasts.:guinness

Was looking at some Bonetti era on YouTube and stumbled on to this

That attacking play is orgasmic to watch.

Now we have a 78 year old finished Kenny Miller up front with The Moose as back up.

🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Should everyone be fit, I'd try a simple 4-5-1 out:

Parish

Kerr         Inniss            O'Dea/Kusunga/Meekings/Boyle (Delete as appropriate)        Ralph

Deacon/Curran      McGowan    Kamara   Madianga           Miller

Mendy/Kallman

The reason I've picked Mendy is because we've only seen him once with the opportunity to get behind defenders which was against St Mirren for 10 minutes on the opening day. If he's still as shite as we all suspect, then Kallman (Possibly even Moussa. :thumbsdown) to hold the ball up and bring our wingers into play. Miller, Deacon and Curran are the only players that give us any width and Miller and Curran are extremely suspect at the back - so let's just play them as wingers!

We do have 3 able CM's in Madianga, Kamara and McGowan but our team still looks extremely weak, but I reckon that sort of line-up would be playing to our very limited strengths until January.

Edited by Ludo*1

8 hours ago, RossDee01 said:

But we also didn't have the players to suit McCann's philosophy based on results and performances so exactly whose philosophy can our current squad play to?  I'm beginning to think McCann had a philosophy but was unable to understand what type of player he needed to suit.  That's why McIntyre has such a tough task - is there really any structure/style/framework in place with the current squad? 

Looking at Dundee's squad from the outside, I reckon you guys need a relegation and a complete clear out like County did last year.  What you don't need, also like County last year, is this.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3392094/martin-woods-dundee-transfer-news-jim-mcintyre-ross-county-partick-thistle/

Edited by Savage Henry

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Looking at Dundee's squad from the outside, I reckon you guys need a relegation and a complete clear out like County did last year.  What you don't need, also like County last year, is this.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3392094/martin-woods-dundee-transfer-news-jim-mcintyre-ross-county-partick-thistle/

I'd rather we somehow survived in the Premiership and had a clear out. No team needs a relegation. That league is a nightmare. 

When you walk down the street and some c***s devil dug has dropped a big steaming pile of shite, it doesn't matter what way you look at it or if you move it around with a stick or walk round it, look from a different angle then move it into another position, it's still a pile of shite

19 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

I'd rather we somehow survived in the Premiership and had a clear out. No team needs a relegation. That league is a nightmare. 

Honestly, the whole atmosphere at County has changed for the better this year.  The pressure is off, the fans are relaxed, the players who weren't carrying their weight have gone, and even the fans' forum is lighter hearted and better natured.  And you don't have Celtic and Rangers fans to put up with.  There is actually something to be said for a season out of the melting pot.  Two seasons, perhaps not.  But one season is cathartic.

17 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Honestly, the whole atmosphere at County has changed for the better this year.  The pressure is off, the fans are relaxed, the players who weren't carrying their weight have gone, and even the fans' forum is lighter hearted and better natured.  And you don't have Celtic and Rangers fans to put up with.  There is actually something to be said for a season out of the melting pot.  Two seasons, perhaps not.  But one season is cathartic.

That's because you're top of the league, winning games and looking to finish the season as league champions. If we went down I wouldn't be confident of us getting back up anytime soon without a complete overhaul of the squad. 

I even think the dabs could give this current team a game, that's how bad they are. 

16 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

That's because you're top of the league, winning games and looking to finish the season as league champions. If we went down I wouldn't be confident of us getting back up anytime soon without a complete overhaul of the squad. 

I even think the dabs could give this current team a game, that's how bad they are. 

That's fair.  You could go down and have a Partick.  The Partick fans seem to be having a horrible time.  

County are an anomaly this season.  Given the chairman has come out and said he's going to do everything he can (chuck money at it in other words) to get straight back to the Premiership.  Of course County fans will be enjoying this season.  They've won the league by virtue of being able to sign established Premiership players which neither of the other 9 clubs in the league can do.

'Having a Partick' is a red herring.  It's called cutting your cloth accordingly for playing in the tier below.