All things Dundee FC

47 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Tonight I will be in the derry belting out these fine poetic words.

BILLY DODDS, IS A w****r, IS A w****r.

Might change the words from “tangerine toy” to “Billy Dodds toy” in another song  :lol: Just so he gets the message loud and clear!

4 hours ago, Den Spark said:

Apart from the fact that he was under contract, how does Dodds reckon he was due 80 grand? Didn't he get paid for the last two weeks?

Was that not his payment to the end of the contract

Its the same way that Bennett was able to vote with the balance of the lease on Dens and not the money he was due, if the club had owned the ground then there is a chance the CVA would have been rejected and the revenue would have got there way back then as they then did with Rangers (RIP)

Was that not his payment to the end of the contract
Its the same way that Bennett was able to vote with the balance of the lease on Dens and not the money he was due, if the club had owned the ground then there is a chance the CVA would have been rejected and the revenue would have got there way back then as they then did with Rangers (RIP)

Have you just stumbled across the clever reason why the club and Dark Blue Property Holdings are separate? So that if something did go horribly wrong DBPH could vote as a creditor?

As I said earlier I think this more than just about results. We can all agree that football has very little to no morals these days. This issue does dwell on integrity and fairness.

This situation is quite exceptional because it’s about the existence of a club and the hardship administration places on the club and fans. Billy Dodds claims the perpetrators of the admin got away with it, he isn’t wrong; however, I don’t see how taking it out on the fans and voting against the CVA was standing up to them? At that stage a rejection vote would only hurt the fans and indeed the club and not the people he despises so much. He was entitled to make that vote, however, as said several time we are allowed to reject the notion of us paying his wages and him wanting a job at the club.

As for fans, saying might as well get him him. I don’t get it.

Whether it’s killie, St Johnstone, Dundee or anyclub in Scotland/world supporters love their clubs. For some it’s part of their identity. For someone to actively choose to reject a clubs exitance, what ever his reasons and a few years later want a job back at club is quite frankly perverse. 

Media “fans are the life blood of the game....the fans need to get over themselves cause they know nothing”

Media “diving is cheating and it’s disgusting...we all need to make a living and do what we need to do”

The media will always look after their own. 

4 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

Have you just stumbled across the clever reason why the club and Dark Blue Property Holdings are separate? So that if something did go horribly wrong DBPH could vote as a creditor?

Or vice versa, unfortunately the actions of the Marr brothers and all that follow mean the club its self will not have a good credit score and limited borrowing capacity,

The holding company backed by the Americans however will have no problem borrowing to build the stadium.

Have held off posting about the Dodds situation until now, but wanted to have my say before the horrors of tonight's match unfold...

Two things first:

Admin was a terrible business, and no-one, except the fans (and some of the players), really came out of either process with much in the way of credit. Businesses and individuals lost money that was rightfully theirs, officials inside and outwith the club could and should have done more to ward off some things that happened and the authorities laid themselves bare to criticism over the "interesting" way rules seemed to be made up or changed from previous and later administrations.

Dodds had every right to reject the offer given to him by the club, for whatever reasons he may or may not wish to share with the general public, and the fact that he exercised that right is entirely his decision and I fully respect his choice.

OK, my opinion:

There is no footballing reason why he shouldn't be appointed. He has (I believe) the appropriate qualifications to be appointed to such a position. He has experience in a similar post, in the top flight and the second tier, and has worked with the current Manager before. 

However, there is no footballing reason why he should be appointed. I don't see evidence that he has made a major, instrumental change in the footballing success or otherwise of the teams he has been involved with, he doesn't appear to be regarded by anyone, as far as I know, as some kind of coaching guru who will immediately improve the team and guarantee success. 

This means to me that is a personal preference of McIntyre to have him as his assistant. The goodwill of the fans is usually a given for a new manager. This can be eroded by poor results, selling star players etc, but that usually takes months to happen. Appointing someone, after it is obvious that the majority of fans are "uneasy", to put it mildly,  about the appointment, is basically emptying this reserve of goodwill immediately.

McIntyre, Dodds and Nelms/Keyes must realise this by now; so if this goes any further, they are either dismissive of it, sure it'll turn out to be a roaring, "Clarke at Killie"-style success, or they don't care. None of these options are good. At all.

One final point - can you imagine that any of the pundits, on TV, radio or in print, would be even discussing this if it were someone who had voted to liquidate Rangers and was being offered a role in Stevie G's team????

Right, off to get pished before the inevitable 4-0 humping by the Jambos...

You'd have to be clairvoyant to know exactly when such a situation would arise and what percentage of the debt the remaining rent payments make up.

It was essentially a masterstroke by Bob Brannan in using his contacts to restructure DFC'S debt. He soon spoiled it all by handing the keys over to Calum Melville however.

2 hours ago, SpiderDee said:

Only logical thing to do to diffuse this whole sorry mess of a situation is to sack McIntyre and bring in Jocky !

image.jpeg.4596b1a6b0fd526d2763f03f8c85a47a.jpeg

I think it's an indictment on Jim McIntyre's skills as a manager that I'd wager the Dundee support would favour a 70+ year old man.

I don't necessarily mean Jocky either.

I mean any 70+ year old man.

I'm on a what's app chat with three Dundee fans (two are season ticket holders) and all three would accept Dodds if that's what McIntyre wants.

This could be one of those cases of the vocal supporters calling for one thing - but many other fans just keeping quiet.

Has anyone on this thread admitted that they would tolerate Dodds coming in?

And on the other side, would anyone do anything other than moan and give him grief? Any boycotters?
My issue with Dodds isn't the voting against the CVA but his hypocritical attitude towards people voting against the Rangers CVA.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
21 hours ago, pandarilla said:
I'm on a what's app chat with three Dundee fans (two are season ticket holders) and all three would accept Dodds if that's what McIntyre wants.

This could be one of those cases of the vocal supporters calling for one thing - but many other fans just keeping quiet.

And on the other side, would anyone do anything other than moan and give him grief? Any boycotters?

My issue with Dodds isn't the voting against the CVA but his hypocritical attitude towards people voting against the Rangers CVA.

Ex - fucking - actly

He said he couldn't in good conscience vote for something that he fundamentally doesn't agree with and mentioned society debt in general but accepts EBTs and defends one of the ugly sister's in the EXACT same circumstances.

He can eat the biggest bag of horse shit as far as I am concerned.

5 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
21 hours ago, pandarilla said:

Nail on head pretty much. I don't think anyone on here has a problem the way he voted - it was his choice. THe problem we have is the way he has acted since then.

6 hours ago, Ylf said:

Does anyone think Dodds will actually get the number 2 job?

I’m afraid I do.  Nelms has been less than emphatic Dodds will not be appointed.  McIntyre effectively saying without Dodds he’s nothing.  

We are going to take a hammering the next two games.  Panic will set in and media will step up their campaign to get the their mate in.  

How the fans feel will be a small note on page 4 of the memo between directors!