All things Dundee FC

23 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

I'm not sure that can even be considered relevant. Didn't County have Liam Boyce at that time? We've got fucking Moussa.

Add to the fact they had one difficult game (No disrepect to Ayr Utd etc), and played against Celtic who had 10 men for more than 3/4 of the game. 

43 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Add to the fact they had one difficult game (No disrepect to Ayr Utd etc), and played against Celtic who had 10 men for more than 3/4 of the game. 

In fairness at that time Celtic could have went down to 9 and still beat most teams in the league.

He played Celtic well that game. He frustrated them by shoring up with almost a 7 man defence and the wingers served Boyce on the counter. It wasn't pretty but he won. 

His side of the story seems to consist of, 'I knew Dundee wouldn't go out of business, so the fans are talking rubbish, I'm not going to apologise and I don't care if I come into Dundee,  it'll be their loss but please let me be appointed.'

Guest gregteamdee
3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Keyes selling his shares ?
Proposal for stadium rejected by council ?

Lies or any truth?

Lies. Keyes just bought more shares a month ago & the stadium plan has not been put forward to the council yet.  

Edit add; Keyes was across a few months ago with his family who seemed to like Dundee & Nelms sons are Dundee daft now.  Which is good to see. 

Edited by gregteamdee

5 minutes ago, The Algebraist said:

I would have Dodds provided he apologises, if not for the act then at least to the fans.

Regardless of his motives or intent he has clearly upset a lot of people. 

His quotes in the press are very very revealing about what type of person he is. Wouldn't let the deluded c**t step one foot inside Dens.

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

His quotes in the press are very very revealing about what type of person he is. Wouldn't let the deluded c**t step one foot inside Dens.

And that coming from a fermer.

I haven't read them beyond what's on here. However if he genuinely "sees no need to apologise" as some have quoted then I agree he is deluded. Even if he does there is a lot of healing to be done. The opportunity is in its last days if it hasn't already gone.

Edited by The Algebraist

13 minutes ago, The Algebraist said:

I would have Dodds provided he apologises, if not for the act then at least to the fans

You really would? Any apology would be an insincere one that's only given purely to get his foot in the door. I wouldn't see that as acceptable at all.

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I've seen folk saying McIntyre and Dodds are obviously great at working together as they won the League Cup Final with Ross County in 2016. Here's their route to the final:

Screenshot_20181023-150019_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e59395c3f120eda84448373173d5cf94.jpg

An astounding achievement. 

His good record against ICT, Ayr and Falkrik could prove invaluable to you next season. 

3 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

You really would? Any apology would be an insincere one that's only given purely to get his foot in the door. I wouldn't see that as acceptable at all.

I'm the forgiving type. It would depend what he actually said.

Edit: Btw of course it would be about getting his foot in the door. We can't change what has happened but at the end of the day nobody died. I doubt he knows the hurt it has cause but he should be realising now and should be prepared to apologise.

Edited by The Algebraist

3 minutes ago, Den Spark said:

Apart from the fact that he was under contract, how does Dodds reckon he was due 80 grand? Didn't he get paid for the last two weeks?

Even with his 6p in the pound the c**t was still overpaid for the job he did. 

He was employed from May to October so I'm guessing he was wanting paid out on the remainder of his contract. 

*Shakes head*
Seriously, wtf has happened to you? [emoji38]
Anyway, on topic. Nelms appears to be having a multi-season brain fart here. The whole McCann leaving/re-hired thing was bizarre, but this is full-on mental. Dodds is a c**t, of that there is little doubt. I'm not even all that bothered about his CVA vote either, I don't think it's completely fanciful to expect someone with little emotional connection to the club to vote down a CVA in which he was going to be financially shafted. What really boils my piss is his blatant hypocrisy over the Rangers situation in 2012. The whole McIntyre-Dodds fiasco really  nails the theory that Nelms is way out of his depth when it comes to hands on football matters. Surely even the slightest hint of research before appointing McIntyre would have revealed that bringing in Dodds as well might not be the best idea
I almost admire Dodds here  in a roundabout way tbh, to actively want to be employed at a club where he knows that a huge portion of the fanbase think he's absolute poison and will be fucking hounding him if the team don't pick up results-wise (and let's face it, we probably won't) takes some bollocks. 
Would it be an awful idea to have someone like Archie Knox in as a Director of Football as someone to effectively take the "football" decisions? 
Dodds is effectively in a win win situation.

A bit like Stubb and Jackson at us in the summer. All they need to do is manage to bluff the chairman until they get the job.

They get the job and if they do well then so be it they may change the opinion of most folks and the support gets behind them.

They do badly then they say they never had a chance and all their media pals will blame the fans and the fact they had no chance to win the fans over. They then walk away with a pay day.

These guys are like politicians. They all look out for themselves and their pals and not the actual guys that fund their lifestyle.

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

Here it is complete with "I have nothing to apologise for":

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3385211/billy-dodds-dundee-jim-mcintyre/

Complete with a Rangers reference shoehorned into the headline too. :lol: