All things Dundee FC

26 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I understand the ill feeling towards Dodds, even if I think it’s completely ridiculous. But the sense of entitlement some fans have is crazy. The manager of your team shouldn’t have to consider the fans’ sensitivity when selecting his backroom staff.

The chairman has a different job, but the manager needs to be able to select whomever he wants.

To be quite frank, I’d be pretty alarmed if Jim McIntyre didn’t have Billy Dodds with him. Dodds did a lot of great work with County’s strikers, while Jimmy Mac did his best to circumvent it.

If Dodds had his way after Admin 2 there would be no strikers, midfielders or defenders to work with at Dens!

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

I understand the ill feeling towards Dodds, even if I think it’s completely ridiculous. But the sense of entitlement some fans have is crazy. The manager of your team shouldn’t have to consider the fans’ sensitivity when selecting his backroom staff.

The chairman has a different job, but the manager needs to be able to select whomever he wants.

To be quite frank, I’d be pretty alarmed if Jim McIntyre didn’t have Billy Dodds with him. Dodds did a lot of great work with County’s strikers, while Jimmy Mac did his best to circumvent it.

I'm an odd one because I've been brought into this (edit for clarification - not born in dundee but moved here. Wasn't even interested in football until I went to a derby)

I completely get your point of view. If you have brought in a manager he should have the right thing chose his support staff. Maximum effectiveness of appointment is the key. It's like saying you get the job to be a brain surgeon but your tool is Nicola Sturgeons crusty pedegg.

On the other hand his choice of backroom staff is about as welcome and idea as telling the Muslim faith that Mohammed was a woman.

Honestly though I believe you are right in saying it should be McIntyres call not ours.

Edited by Crawford

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

This isn't a case of appointing an assistant who used to play for United, said some bad things about Dundee to the press, or gave the Dundee fans a GIRUY as a player after scoring against them, all things that could dismissed as water under the bridge.

This is someone who voted to end the very existence of the club, regardless of what his reasons were at the time, there is absolutely no way Billy Dodds can take a paycheck from Dundee after that.

I'm an odd one because I've been brought into this (edit for clarification - not born in dundee but moved here. Wasn't even interested in football until I went to a derby)
I completely get your point of view. If you have brought in a manager he should have the right thing chose his support staff. Maximum effectiveness of appointment is the key. It's like saying you get the job to be a brain surgeon but your tool is Nicola Sturgeons crusty pedegg.
On the other hand his choice of backroom staff is about as welcome and idea as telling the Muslim faith that Mohammed was a woman.
Honestly though I believe you are right in saying it should be McIntyres call not ours.

That’s fair. Like I say, I think McIntyre is a better manager because of Dodds. The feeling of the support is near universal though.

If the chairman doesn’t want Dodds because of the fans’ feeling, that’s fine.

I’d imagine McIntyre might walk in those circumstances. If he feels like he’s being hamstrung from the start.

But if McIntyre wants him, as he surely does, that in now way amounts to a disrespect of Dundee’s fans.

McIntyre strikes me as a lousy appointment.

Plenty Ross County fans will tell you he looked better at a glance from the outside than he did to those taking a closer interest.

With us, he completely dicked around unnecessarily with a strong team, ensuring a disastrous first quarter that we only recovered from when he started doing the bloody obvious things everyone was calling for.  

The fact that he earned an upward move from it was reminiscent of what happened when some club swooped in for Chisholm.   It felt like the correct kidney was removed, but I still somehow got compensation.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

54 minutes ago, Crawford said:

:lol:  went to a Dundee derby and ended up supporting Dundee!!!

McIntyre’s built in excuse if he stays without Dodds and fails “they wouldn’t let me bring in my first choice assistant”.

BTW Mohammed may be a woman, I’ve not seen any images that suggest otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

:lol:  went to a Dundee derby and ended up supporting Dundee!!!

McIntyre’s built in excuse if he stays without Dodds and fails “they wouldn’t let me bring in my first choice assistant”.

BTW Mohammed may be a woman, I’ve not seen any images that suggest otherwise.

As welcome an idea. Didn't say he or she was a him or hererer. They wouldn't like it though.

Yes I did become a Dee because we were doing something the utd  fans weren't. Making noise.

Last time I was somewhere that quiet I was about 2cm deep.

McIntyre strikes me as a lousy appointment.
Plenty Ross County fans will yell you he looked better at a glance from the outside than he did to those taking a closer interest.
With us, he completely dicked around unnecessarily with a strong team, ensuring a disastrous first quarter that we only recovered from when he started doing the bloody obvious things everyone was calling for.  
The fact that he earned an upward move from it was reminiscent of what happened when some club swooped in for Chisholm.   It felt like the correct kidney was removed, but I still somehow got compensation.

Oh aye. The tactics tombola. That’s always fun.

52 minutes ago, Crawford said:

As welcome an idea. Didn't say he or she was a him or hererer. They wouldn't like it though.

Yes I did become a Dee because we were doing something the utd  fans weren't. Making noise.

Last time I was somewhere that quiet I was about 2cm deep.

So the missus isn’t loud then?

Further on in this group chat, its claimed Dodds was offered the assistants job yesterday however the job offer was withdrawn today
Which, if true, means Dodds never refused an offer of employment from the club he tried to liquidate- kind of undermines his previous stance somewhat- I'd he hadn't already done that in his newspaper column with his view on Oldco's demise.