All things Dundee FC

Just now, ah-dee said:
2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:
Your club sacks their manager and your first thought is about St Johnstone fans, yet we're the "tragically obsessed" ones?

replying to his post within 2 minutes isnt really helping your point here RG!

It's not harming it either.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Your club sacks their manager and your first thought is about St Johnstone fans, yet we're the "tragically obsessed" ones?

Hello.....Dundee thread....

Every single time you bite, just the 2 minutes this time :thumsup2

Edited by Yenitit

Kenny Miller will be wanting it I'd imagine, any word on who's in charge in the meantime? Or do they expect to have someone announced before Saturday?
i would be amazed if we hire someone with no experience this time.

but ive been burned before

5 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Kenny Miller will be wanting it I'd imagine, any word on who's in charge in the meantime? Or do they expect to have someone announced before Saturday?

It is a bit odd that we didn't get the "XX will take charge of first team affairs" patter that you usually get in these statements...

18 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Anybody want Tommy Wright?

Nah me neither.  :rolleyes:

Jobby McCall for me if we’re getting someone from within Scottish football. 

A wee useless story, years ago we were in hospitality at Saints, who were looking for a manager at the time. A guy asks Geoff Brown if the new man was going to be McCall. The bold Geoff launches into a right tirade about McCall being a scruffy minky b*****d that would never be entertained as a candidate  while he still had the club. Proper vitriolic outburst.

Suppose that means he's perfect for Dundee.

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

A wee useless story, years ago we were in hospitality at Saints, who were looking for a manager at the time. A guy asks Geoff Brown if the new man was going to be McCall. The bold Geoff launches into a right tirade about McCall being a scruffy minky b*****d that would never be entertained as a candidate  while he still had the club. Proper vitriolic outburst.

First four words are the truest words ever written, Thomas. 

7 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

First four words are the truest words ever written, Thomas. 

I enjoyed the story Tam. 

17 minutes ago, Spikethedee said:

It is a bit odd that we didn't get the "XX will take charge of first team affairs" patter that you usually get in these statements...

That was exactly what I thought when I read the statement. That sounds like appointment made and just waiting for a 'suitable' amount of time to elapse. Very shrewd.

6 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

I think the fact that they’ve not said ‘X’ will take charge of this weekends game suggests that they’ve got someone lined up.

Don't bet your fucking house on it...... shambles yet again

Edited by ravabelli

26 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Fuckin Jackanory 

I'd take:

Jim Duffy

Gordon Strachan

Jocky Scott

Morten Weighorst 

Temuri Ketsbaia.

Archie Knox.

Some tasty options there.

If it's the likes of Jim McIntyre or Kenny Miller I'd be woefully unimpressed.

5 minutes ago, ravabelli said:

Don't bet your fucking house on it...... shambles yet again

I’d like to think it’s a case of giving him every opportunity to succeed and he’s spat the dummy out about getting help from an experienced coach and they’ve pulled the plug.