All things Dundee FC

Gartland won't be a 'fall guy'. Jefferies would receive a job title such as assistant manager or director of football and Gartland's role would remain unchanged. It'd just be an addition that bolsters the coaching side rather than replacing someone.

Gartland won't be a 'fall guy'. Jefferies would receive a job title such as assistant manager or director of football and Gartland's role would remain unchanged. It'd just be an addition that bolsters the coaching side rather than replacing someone.
i can see a jeffries and miller co-manager happening if he does goin us. the americans can make it fly that they are grooming miller thus in keeping with their young up and coming manager stance

54 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

When I said Gartland would be the fall guy I certainly didn’t mean he would be replaced / lose his job.  I said it in the context of the spin that will be put on the situation.  It will be made out that Gartland needs help to support McCann.  There will be no suggestion that McCann himself needs help.

When I said Gartland would be the fall guy I certainly didn’t mean he would be replaced / lose his job.  I said it in the context of the spin that will be put on the situation.  It will be made out that Gartland needs help to support McCann.  There will be no suggestion that McCann himself needs help.
his ego wouldnt allow it

The club can confirm that Manager Neil McCann has today left the club.

We have explored alternative options to support the management staff recently but unfortunately these did not come to fruition.

Assistant Manager Graham Gartland has been relieved from his role.

Neil was appoint Interim Manager in April 2017 and steered the club clear of relegation with five matches of the 2016/17 season remaining.

In the summer he was appointed as Manager of the club and in his first full season with the club achieved a 9th place finish with highlights in the season including a victory over Dundee United in the Betfred Cup and Rangers in the Ladbrokes Premiership.

This season after progression from the Betfred Cup group stage a run of defeats in the league came to the end with a win over Hamilton Accies at the end of September. The following week the team were beaten at home to Kilmarnock.

We would like thank Neil and Graham for their efforts while in charge and wish them all the best for the future.

Right decision, seems a bizarre time to do it though. You've had 14 days without a game and they've waited until the end of that to punt him.

Statement sounds like they've told him he's getting an older manager to help and he's refused to accept it. 

Jim Jeffries as your new manager IMO.

Edited by RandomGuy.