All things Dundee FC

8 hours ago, Yenitit said:

How did Kilmarnock fare after making the correct appointment this time last year? 

As for the wee team, only Thompson would’ve appointed Mixu. 

Fair comment (on the first point). That being said, there are more managers of the quality of  Mixu, Yogi,  Hartley and Mccann, than the odd gem/phenomenon  like Clarke, who would likely come to Dundee.

It's always good to keep optimistic (I did), but it's the hope that kills you in the end.

As for the wee team comment. We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one.

Good luck on Saturday.*

*just joking.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Okay, am I meant to be seething or something? We've got a poor support in terms of numbers, always have, always will, Saints fans are first to acknowledge that. 

I have no idea why you would be seething! I am just pointing out that you don't have a tiny support because of the OF

Probably. Perth has a huge issue with Old Firm fans, I always find it bizarre opposition fans slag the few Saints fans who actually support St Johnstone for that.

A guy at my work is from Perth and supports Rangers. I asked him why and he told me that he used to support St Johnstone but he had a trial with them and they didn’t sign him. OF fans are a disgrace.

Just now, Chewing Taffies said:

I have no idea why you would be seething! I am just pointing out that you don't have a tiny support because of the OF

It's a reason, same reason a lot of clubs can't fill their stadium. The few footballing fans in Perth are split between Saints and the Old Firm. I know plenty of Saints fans who turned their back on the club when we were flopping about in the First Division, they all now "support" Celtic or Rangers. We'll never get those fans back. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's a reason, same reason a lot of clubs can't fill their stadium. The few footballing fans in Perth are split between Saints and the Old Firm. I know plenty of Saints fans who turned their back on the club when we were flopping about in the First Division, they all now "support" Celtic or Rangers. We'll never get those fans back. 

I don't think you would have had those fans anyway. Sound like the sort of people who "support" a football team because all their mates "support" one.  Got to talk about something in the playground.

All these so called fans who jump ship when things are going badly aren't really football fans,just a bunch of glory hunters.

I have a lot of respect for the genuine fans who stick with there teams through the difficult years showing loyalty.

4 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Mark Mcghee somebody was saying. For life for me can't remember where I've heard this. Was either Twitter or on the radio.

That would be absolutely sensational patter. Not least because he's still got a 6 game touchline ban outstanding up here.

He was saying himself in this genuinely WTF? interview: "That [six-match ban] hangs over me and it's practically impossible for me to consider coming to Scotland because of that." 

Edited by capt_oats

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Haha.

Surely if that's the case then it will be nonsense. Will try see where I got this information from.

So basically with that touchline ban nobody will touch him

It's one of the many reasons no one will touch him. If you give that interview a read you'll get quite the insight.

After he was binned by both us and Scotland he took the Barnet job...he lasted 2 months before he was "moved upstairs". He was only in his "Head of Technical" role for another 2 months before he was dismissed.

1 hour ago, Fifespud said:

It’s going to be Kenny Miller, let’s face it, and he literally couldn’t be any worse than NM.

Not being worse than utterly dreadful isn't by any means a compliment.

Miller shouldn't be considered, experience is basically essential for us.

Here’s a question for the Dees.

How does it feel to look at a club like Kilmarnock who have an unbroken quarter of a century in the top flight, won both cups in that time, had zero administration events and who sit 10 points clear of you in the table?
And with all that going for you.. You bow to sevco like the bitches you are [emoji57]

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Mark Mcghee somebody was saying. For life for me can't remember where I've heard this. Was either Twitter or on the radio.

Would be bonkers given it was us that broke him with his half daft antics in the tunnel and barging into the refs room.

Can't see it happening but I've been wrong before!

Don't do it K.T - it's a trap. 

If he knows him then he’ll know where he works, which means he’ll know where I work. After that it’s only a matter of time before I’m in the Wicker Man, surrounded by Perthshire freaks dressed up as pheasants, being sacrificed to Alan Main to ensure St Johnstone finish another season above us.