All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
4 hours ago, harry94 said:
I think Archie Knox would be a brilliant candidate if he was up for the hassle until the end of the season. Hugely experienced and has that nutter persona about him whilst also having the track record of being a really competent coach. He attends our matches and Nelms is apparently a big fan, I don't know how true it is but people were saying that he had his notebook with him on Saturday so I wouldn't be surprised if he has been briefed.
My worry would be about most appointments is that they would likely command a long-term contract to convince them to take it which could badly backfire in a few months time. We just need someone to come in and sort out the current situation as a matter of urgency.

I have heard from one source that Archie is being lined up to step in as interim manager - with Barry Smith as his assistant.

Yassssssssssssssssss

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
5 hours ago, harry94 said:
I think Archie Knox would be a brilliant candidate if he was up for the hassle until the end of the season. Hugely experienced and has that nutter persona about him whilst also having the track record of being a really competent coach. He attends our matches and Nelms is apparently a big fan, I don't know how true it is but people were saying that he had his notebook with him on Saturday so I wouldn't be surprised if he has been briefed.
My worry would be about most appointments is that they would likely command a long-term contract to convince them to take it which could badly backfire in a few months time. We just need someone to come in and sort out the current situation as a matter of urgency.

I have heard from one source that Archie is being lined up to step in as interim manager - with Barry Smith as his assistant.

Jocky as Head of Scouting just for the laugh. I'd buy a season ticket for next year just to see him wave towards the Derry again.

Some boy.

Guest gregteamdee
2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
5 hours ago, harry94 said:

I've heard a few rumours, one being Smith in as assistant to 'A' manager, another Knox being given the nod to come in, Nelms does rate him highly and rightly so. 

Guest gregteamdee
31 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

Right now I’d take anybody!

As long as it is not Kenny Miller, would be the most laziest appointment the owners could make and probably wouldn't go down well with the fans.  

Archie Knox as manager is just dreamy.

Barry Smith as assistant with the added incentive of him to take over after he's had a proper mentorship from Knox is glorious.

And then that'll enable McPake to make the step up as assistant and be groomed to takeover from Smith with Knox still overseeing things in the distance in a DoF role like Alex Smith did for Falkirk.

Rangers made the grooming of future managers seem uncool with McCoist and Walter, but if our board are to build this long term foundation that they keep talking about, then this really is the way to do it.

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Archie Knox as manager is just dreamy.

Barry Smith as assistant with the added incentive of him to take over after he's had a proper mentorship from Knox is glorious.

And then that'll enable McPake to make the step up as assistant and be groomed to takeover from Smith with Knox still overseeing things in the distance in a DoF role like Alex Smith did for Falkirk.

Rangers made the grooming of future managers seem uncool with McCoist and Walter, but if our board are to build this long term foundation that they keep talking about, then this really is the way to do it.

Your reaction to the possibility is one of the funniest things I've seen on here, and that's saying something. Knox is 71 and has not been an actual manager since 1980. If he gets the gig, in his first game you'll be playing 2-3-5 with the goalie picking up any pass backs. 

Just now, Hendo said:

Your reaction to the possibility is one of the funniest things I've seen on here, and that's saying something. Knox is 71 and has not been an actual manager since 1980. If he gets the gig, in his first game you'll be playing 2-3-5 with the goalie picking up any pass backs. 

You lads just appointed a P.E teacher, m8.

3 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Mods please!

54 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Give it another month and we'll have more fans than you.

Minter.

Credit where credit is due that was a very solid performance from St Johnstone but that turnout was atrocious. 

I didn't call you any names. You've hurt me tam.

11 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Credit where credit is due that was a very solid performance from St Johnstone but that turnout was atrocious. 

I didn't call you any names. You've hurt me tam.

No public sale of tickets and 50% of season ticket holders not going to games against the bigots has a big effect.

10 hours ago, Yenitit said:

We’re 6 games in , hardly drastically. Change of tactics and/or manager and we’ll be fine. If it goes on as it is until around December then we are fucked. 

A sensible post worthy of a response and well worth the trip back from the Championship forum. 

If you have a read at our season 2015/16 thread (I reckon you'd quite enjoy it actually) you'll find we were saying pretty much the same as this at this point, albeit we did have some points on the board.

We changed our manager who changed our tactics and we still ended up having the worst outcome imaginable.  (I'm sure you remember).

I think that this is drastic tbh, and anything less than a win on Saturday, given the fixtures you have to follow, could have you fucked well before Christmas imo.

All down to individual opinions though I guess.

18 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Did they end up in the away end cheering on their big team?

Probably. Perth has a huge issue with Old Firm fans, I always find it bizarre opposition fans slag the few Saints fans who actually support St Johnstone for that.

43 minutes ago, MacArab said:

A sensible post worthy of a response and well worth the trip back from the Championship forum. 

If you have a read at our season 2015/16 thread (I reckon you'd quite enjoy it actually) you'll find we were saying pretty much the same as this at this point, albeit we did have some points on the board.

We changed our manager who changed our tactics and we still ended up having the worst outcome imaginable.  (I'm sure you remember).

I think that this is drastic tbh, and anything less than a win on Saturday, given the fixtures you have to follow, could have you fucked well before Christmas imo.

All down to individual opinions though I guess.

How did Kilmarnock fare after making the correct appointment this time last year? 

As for the wee team, only Thompson would’ve appointed Mixu. 

8 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Probably. Perth has a huge issue with Old Firm fans, I always find it bizarre opposition fans slag the few Saints fans who actually support St Johnstone for that.

Every large town or city in Scotland has the same OF problem. St Johnstone has a woeful following because Perth is not a football town. 

Just now, Chewing Taffies said:

Every large town or city in Scotland has the same OF problem. St Johnstone has a woeful following because Perth is not a football town. 

Okay, am I meant to be seething or something? We've got a poor support in terms of numbers, always have, always will, Saints fans are first to acknowledge that.