All things Dundee FC

And to think some on here thought there was a half decent squad there! Gutless, shitebags who simply aren't good enough, another example of  thinking players from the diddy leagues down south or abroad will stroll it up here. We're in a worse state than when Hartley left and McCann's arrogance and self confidence is fooliing no one....except on board unfortunately!!

1 minute ago, ravabelli said:

And to think some on here thought there was a half decent squad there! Gutless, shitebags who simply aren't good enough, another example of  thinking players from the diddy leagues down south or abroad will stroll it up here. We're in a worse state than when Hartley left and McCann's arrogance and self confidence is fooliing no one....except on board unfortunately!!

Spot on.

The summer signings were dreadful, not one of them are up to it. Some people said in the summer, that signing players from non league was a disaster waiting to happen, and got nothing but abuse, well guess what, none of the players are good enough. McCann is an absolute farcical manager, we have went backwards under him.

17 minutes ago, ravabelli said:

The signing policy you’ve mentioned is the exact policy that has saw Hearts top of the league and in the quarter finals of the cup. It’s about knowing your stuff and be capable of spotting a good player that Levien clearly does. 

Personally I’d always go for the tried and trusted at this level whilst taking a couple of chances per year on players from abroad and down south. 

The coaching and tactics at 1st team level at our club appears to be horrendous now. Weeks later I still can’t get my head around McCann’s tactics against Aberdeen. He said on the radio they had the best wingers in the league and as a result his tactics were to set up the team in a narrow formation to restrict the ball getting out wide. Surely you put a man up against them rather than leaving them acres of space. 

McCann left the players hung out to dry at the final whistle today. Shaking the hands of the Hibs staff then head down and straight up the tunnel leaving the players to take the flack, which never materialised because I think most think it’s the tactics 1st and foremost that are horrendous. He simply has to be sacked over the weekend. 

1 hour ago, ravabelli said:

This. Agree with every fuckin word, sadly.

We went in 0-0. Lennon gave the lads a boot up the arse, sorted one or two things out, and they ripped us a new arsehole.

I actually don’t know how bad the players are but the playing style is a joke. The passing out from the back is total nonsense and it leads to no urgency. The odd time we got the ball up top there’s no c**t bursting a gut to get forward. 2 nil down, no subbies until Miller gets injured, then we bring on Mendy who is clearly the worst outfielder we signed in the Summer. Henvey who looks like a predator gets no chance. It’s fucking ridiculous.

7 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

So much negativity. :-(.

Was their fighting in the Bobby Cox after the game?

It's not anger it's just apathy. A lot of the miserable b*****ds have had the booing sucked out of them and everyone just kind of trundles off questioning why they let themselves believe we might not be shit for once.

Dens is an absolute morgue now.

Didn’t see any nonsense in the Coxy but to be fair as soon as the whistle went I was off.

I’ve had a bit of time to reflect, not only from this week but from shite that has intruded since the beginning of the season (last year too).

My conclusion; McCann is a charlatan, a con man. Much like the slimey smarmy c***s that rip off old folks he has the gift of the gab. He has smooth talked his way into the job under the nose of a naive (certainly in football terms) yank. He must have regular discourse with Nelms and time after time he manages to convince him that he’s the man for the job, he can turn it round.

Bullshit. Nonsense. Balderdash.

His neck is too hard to walk away so the club need to intervene.

Get him the f**k away from my club. Our club.

I don’t know who we could get in place of him - personally I’d love Mick McCarthy but there’s no chance we could afford him - doubt he’d fancy it either.

At this point though, I don’t care. It literally can’t get any worse.

Also thought Dallas was honking today, not that it mattered a jot.

Seen a few folk mention they want Mick McCarthy and completely bewildered why they think it's even remotely plausible. He'll see himself as an EPL manager, why would he join a, at best, bottom half Scottish side he has no ties with? 

Your next manager will be Kenny Miller or John Hughes. 

Seen a few folk mention they want Mick McCarthy and completely bewildered why they think it's even remotely plausible. He'll see himself as an EPL manager, why would he join a, at best, bottom half Scottish side he has no ties with? 

I’ve mentioned him, mainly because I think he’s a good manager and is currently unattached. There’s no chance it’ll happen, for the reasons you and I have mentioned.

But he’s only in prime position because Klopp is still doing well at Liverpool....

Unfortunately totally agree with you.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Haven't heard anyone mention him as a possibility. Ever. Stop talking shite.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He was punted by a Championship club last season so he'd need to have a brass fucking neck to think he could eye up an EPL job. 

It'd be audacious for us to try and even tempt him and I think he'd tell us to bolt. 

I have no reason to disbelieve the people saying Archie Knox was there today and he's who Nelms wanted in before McCann. 2+2 =5 but I'd be happy with Knox booting them up the arse. 

I'd rather Nelms done it now (So do most Dees), but I'm hating watching Dundee fans turn on one of our big heroes. He's not quite a legend of the club, but he's damn well near as, and it's fucking awful that most people's memories are having the image of him scoring against Airdrie in the semi-final and his comeback goal against Raith being slowly overshadowed by his hopeless management.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He was punted by a Championship club last season so he'd need to have a brass fucking neck to think he could eye up an EPL job. 

It'd be audacious for us to try and even tempt him and I think he'd tell us to bolt. 

I have no reason to disbelieve the people saying Archie Knox was there today and he's who Nelms wanted in before McCann. 2+2 =5 but I'd be happy with Knox booting them up the arse. 

I gave up and left the Coxy with about 3 minutes to go,  just before Hibs got the third. As I'm walking past the main stand, out comes Archie. I have no idea why he was at Dens today.