All things Dundee FC

Whenever he goes, I feel sorry for the next manager. Not a single player than McCann signed this summer is good enough, I hope he got back handers from dodgy agents, at least then there would be a reason for signing these absolute donkeys.

23 minutes ago, srw said:

Apparently the first half was our best of the season, one shot on target, and one corner. Kinda say

I'd hardly say that, first 10 minutes were promising, then the usual took place. Jimmy Boyle as manager, McPake as assistant. That's all I ask.

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I'd hardly say that, first 10 minutes were promising, then the usual took place. Jimmy Boyle as manager, McPake as assistant. That's all I ask.

Boyle left Airdrie as he doesn't want to be a first team manager again.

I've followed this team through some shite in the past, from losing 1-0 at home to Brechin to the borderline embarrassment under Brown. I've stayed to the bitter end of every game I've been to, whether it's 7-0 by Aberdeen or 6-1 by United. 

But this is the worst for me. There's genuinely no hope on the horizon. 

We need a new manager. They'll still have the same players to work with but McCann is utterly devoid of ideas that we have absolutely nothing to lose. If nothing else it will give someone new the chance to see exactly what's needed come January.

A change this week might just also get a few more along to Hamilton next week. No change, and we'll be lucky to take 100. 

Time's up for McCann.

He's brought in players who are technically better than what we had before but just don't have the heart and the dig to do well in Scottish football. 

I was going to write a long post on his failing's and why it's happening but I'm sure everyone can see it anyway. 

The notion of football being played in the proper way is a joke as well. Celtic are looking uncreative in the league this season playing the same way because of the slow build up and not having the players to do so. What chance do we have then, really.

It doesn't matter if we beat Hamilton now cause we know against the likes of Hibs we still can't compete under McCann. A new direction is needed and we need to play football in a way that will give us success in this league. Playing McCanns style will never bring a team like us success. I'd get rid of him tonight.

Thank you.

Just now, The Master said:

He didn't give it up anyway.

He went to go back to Sky but they told him he was no longer needed. Hence the rather odd leaving-then-returning thing that happened.

Yep, he and Tanner were told where to go.

McCann should never have been given a second opportunity, his persona behind the scenes isnt what we need, Sky were glad to get rid of him, so will we, eventually.

I’ve been a supporter of McCann, and in general don’t like pulling the trigger every time there’s a bad run of games but think he’s got to go now.

I actually thought we played well in the first half, without creating huge amounts. I’ve also been critical of the fans not getting behind the team but from the start today they were behind the team.

Poor first goal to lose, and the second is a great finish from Boyle. So much success down the left hand side as Miller is never a left back and Elton doesn’t offer anything defensively.

I still have no idea who comes in to replace McCann, and think he’ll still be in charge against Hamilton. But having the home crowd singing you’re getting sacked in the morning will be difficult to come back from.