All things Dundee FC

It is going to happen whether we like it or not. Too much money to be made by Kilmac, The City council and DBPH.

The houses will be owned by DBPH but outsourced to the council for guaranteed income and the council get and extension on the Ice arena and a crematorium too. A venue and more retail shops for tax. They are heavily incentivised (not a word) to push this through.

On another note St Mirren have brains and are rifling Coleraine FC for their manager and it will cost them buttons.

Meanwhile Dundee......

13 hours ago, Crawford said:

I could understand that completely. I could agree to a ground share and the positives it would have for both club's but a dynamo or Dundee city football club would be a no go for me.

I remember in the 60s singing a song at Dens. 

And the last line was we are the dens park dynamos  

I remember in the 60s singing a song at Dens. 
And the last line was we are the dens park dynamos  
For contractual reasons you are now going to have to change that to "we are the Kilmac Stadium at Dens Park Dynamos".

Thank you.

7 minutes ago, Ylf said:

Regarding the new stadium. Some old guy from the pub reckons the coxy and shankly stands can be dismantled and moved to another ground? Shite or no shite??

Yeah, I remember hearing this as well.

I wouldn't really imagine there will be much point though. The stands themselves are the cheap part and I'd imagine it'd be more costly to work their design round this than the material cost they'd be saving.

10 minutes ago, harry94 said:

I wouldn't really imagine there will be much point though. The stands themselves are the cheap part and I'd imagine it'd be more costly to work their design round this than the material cost they'd be saving.

Not sure how much of an issue that'd be now they've supposedly dropped the idea of filling in the corners but the stands have been up for a while now so can't imagine they'll come apart as easily as they first intended...

Saying that, I do hope they find a way to incorporate some bits of Dens into the new ground - even if it's just a few identifiable pieces for nostalgia!

Not sure how much of an issue that'd be now they've supposedly dropped the idea of filling in the corners but the stands have been up for a while now so can't imagine they'll come apart as easily as they first intended...

Saying that, I do hope they find a way to incorporate some bits of Dens into the new ground - even if it's just a few identifiable pieces for nostalgia!

Pillars from the main stand put somewhere. ?

13 minutes ago, Ylf said:

Keep them to put in front of Jim Spence every time he visits the new stadium. He’s the most vocal about the pillars obscuring his view from the press box. 

32 minutes ago, Ylf said:

Yeah, something like them or any interesting old detail pieces as features in the entrance areas or something...

+

It'd probably never happen but I'd like to see the fan bricks get reused too but recycling them is likely to be way too expensive.

1 hour ago, dd23 said:

Not shite, according to Marr when they went up.

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

Would like to see them do something decent with them and maybe donate them to Lochee United or another team in the local area.

It also wouldn't fit with the design they showed off based on the Viking stadion. 

18 minutes ago, locheedee said:

Yeah, something like them or any interesting old detail pieces as features in the entrance areas or something...

+

It'd probably never happen but I'd like to see the fan bricks get reused too but recycling them is likely to be way too expensive.

I asked when the ideas of moving came up via email and to Nelms himself when the plans where unveiled and he said the bricks would be transported from Dens. Me and the family have one.

2 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Would like to see them do something decent with them and maybe donate them to Lochee United or another team in the local area.

It also wouldn't fit with the design they showed off based on the Viking stadion. 

I'm not entirely sure Lochee United have a use for one 3,000+ stand, never mind two.

We could always flog them to Falkirk to stick side-by-side and complete their ground.

Or Morton to put, well, anywhere really and it would be an improvement. 

1 minute ago, Crawford said:

I asked when the ideas of moving came up via email and to Nelms himself when the plans where unveiled and he said the bricks would be transported from Dens. Me and the family have one.

My family have a few too so that's a great bit of news - seriously expected them to be too expensive to reuse

1 hour ago, The Master said:

I'm not entirely sure Lochee United have a use for one 3,000+ stand, never mind two.

We could always flog them to Falkirk to stick side-by-side and complete their ground.

Or Morton to put, well, anywhere really and it would be an improvement. 

Realistically, they'll go to Morton for a couple months before deciding they're better off in Falkirk!

+

Is there not an old Dfc wooden sign on the main stand front? Sure it’s been there for moons

2 hours ago, locheedee said:

My family have a few too so that's a great bit of news - seriously expected them to be too expensive to reuse

No I made it a big deal as I got it in memory of my son and another one for the rest of us.

The email I sent long before the planning day reveal and the response was "should the club decide to leave Dens Park in the future the 'in with the bricks' shall be relocated to the new site".

Nelms pretty much said the same thing but with a cheesy American "the bricks are important to the fans so they are important to me" or some nonsense. Fairly safe to say it will cost a bob but so will the whole project.