All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, rainbowrising said:

Celtic fans seem to rate Miller as an 'ok' player but never a LB.  Seems he was looked at as being an attacking player originally but it was Rodgers that had ideas of playing him in the LB position. 

Miller's not really a great Left Back, will be much more useful as a left sided midfielder.  He's got a lot of pace and his crossing ability is good but his defensive positioning and defensive ability leave a lot to be desired.  He's sort of like a Scottish Alberto Moreno (for those who watch the Premier League).

7 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Miller's not really a great Left Back, will be much more useful as a left sided midfielder.  He's got a lot of pace and his crossing ability is good but his defensive positioning and defensive ability leave a lot to be desired.  He's sort of like a Scottish Alberto Moreno (for those who watch the Premier League).

Sounds like a left sided equivalent of Jessie Curran, decent going forward but no defensive awareness. Might be worth switching to 3 at the back if McCann insists on playing two attacking wing backs.

As much as I don't rate Wighton, it's a bit sickening to see a Dundee fan manoeuvre a move to Hearts. McCann and Wighton pretty much saying as much in their comments. 

Wouldn't see Cammy doing that, that's for sure. 

4 minutes ago, EpicMike said:

Sounds like a left sided equivalent of Jessie Curran, decent going forward but no defensive awareness. Might be worth switching to 3 at the back if McCann insists on playing two attacking wing backs.

He could do a good job as an attacking wing back in a back 3 formation, his crossing ability is probably his biggest strength IMHO

1 minute ago, senorsoupe said:

He could do a good job as an attacking wing back in a back 3 formation, his crossing ability is probably his biggest strength IMHO

No doubt he would soon get dragged down to the level of the rest of the team if he comes here...

As much as I don't rate Wighton, it's a bit sickening to see a Dundee fan manoeuvre a move to Hearts. McCann and Wighton pretty much saying as much in their comments. 

Where are the comments, Ludo? I’ve only seen the official statement about him leaving.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Kerr Waddell scored the same number of goals against Hearts that, excluding penalties,  Moussa took until the 2nd last game of the season to equal.  Waddell’s reward was to be dropped and then loaned out.

Cammy Kerr’s confidence appears to have dropped significantly during McCann’s tenure.  He used to take on players regularly.  Not so now.  Add to that he was made vice captain far too soon IMHO. 

Matty Henvey, in one of his very few first team appearances scores an important goal against Hamilton weeks before Moussa scores his first goal in the league  from open play.  He has rarely featured since, even taking into account his injury.  Moussa meanwhile is a regular pick.

It’s easy for us as fans to show loyalty.  I buy my season ticket and one each for both the kids and we turn up every week because that’s what Saturdays are all about.

When  you are trying to build a successful career in football you have to do what you think is best for yourself.  Right now if I was a young player at Dens I’m not convinced I would see McCann as the best person to further my career.  That last sentence pains me to say!

I personally wish Wighton all the best and I am extremely grateful for what he did while he was here.

Edited by Shadow Play

Sad to see Wighton go but its for the best.  Hes being going backwards since he broke into the team and has been totally anonymous in recent games.  If it was 16 year old Wighton leaving I would be gutted , but in his current form its no loss. Good luck to him , bags of talent and a good guy. Hope to see him kick start his career at Hearts as its not happening at Dens.