All things Dundee FC

53 minutes ago, flood said:

He is nearly 39. Yes 39

Scored 3 goals for sevco last year. (They create many more chances than a bottom of table Dundee would i reckon)

Fill your boots (for 2 seasons ! haha)

Tbf he was Injured for a while, then he was dropped for being a dick to Murty.

In the games he did play, he played pretty deep in midfield.

Edited by bennett

We needed an older, experienced striker and there are really not that many around, so he gets my backing. This type of signing can go well - Boyd for Kilmarnock is a great example - but I am old enough to have seen the great Jimmy Johnston play for Dundee, and that did not work out. 

32 minutes ago, Hen Broon said:
On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 22:35, jagfox99 said:
If Kenny Miller is the answer I'm totally oblivious to what the question was. Thank you.

Think the question is, who has the maddest wife in all the SPL.?

Who is the only player to play for all three sides of the Old Firm?

We needed an older, experienced striker and there are really not that many around, so he gets my backing. This type of signing can go well - Boyd for Kilmarnock is a great example - but I am old enough to have seen the great Jimmy Johnston play for Dundee, and that did not work out. 

Pretty sure as a slip of a lad I saw Dundee play Hibs at Dens.

On the pitch Jimmy Johnstone and Tommy Gemmell for the Dees and George Best for the Hibees.

Their combined efforts would have given pish a bad name.

53 minutes ago, dd23 said:

Pretty sure as a slip of a lad I saw Dundee play Hibs at Dens.

On the pitch Jimmy Johnstone and Tommy Gemmell for the Dees and George Best for the Hibees.

Their combined efforts would have given pish a bad name.

George Best played 3 Hibs games v Dundee, 2 at Dens Park in seasons 79/80 & 80/81. Jimmy Johnstone only played a few games in eitehr 76/77 or 77/78 and Big Tam stopped playing around then but he was manager when Best played in his first game at Dens.

George Best played 3 Hibs games v Dundee, 2 at Dens Park in seasons 79/80 & 80/81. Jimmy Johnstone only played a few games in eitehr 76/77 or 77/78 and Big Tam stopped playing around then but he was manager when Best played in his first game at Dens.

Fair dos. My young brain has obviously lumped them all together in a big pish montage.

There was an enormous amount of pish on show at the time, but famous has-been pish is the best.(Who can forget Cammy Fraser’s mechanically enhanced knee second time round?)

I do hope we’re not about to be witness to another dose.

It is out of desperation that we signed Miller but I can only hope something magical happens for him at Dens. 

Players sometimes click and hit the ground running. Might be that missing end product we needed.

First three points of the season against Motherwell.

Anyone remember how old “over the hill” Gordon Smith was when he came across to Dens? Signed a few years before I can remember but I’ll bet the Ye Olde P&B threads were full of posters scratching their heads as to why we offered that “has been” a deal.
Age is no barrier if you’re fit. You just adapt your style. Boyd was meant to be past it when he joined Killie. Just keep Miller in and around the 18yd box and he’ll score and assist for us.

Edit: due to v poor layout
Kenny Miller remembers.
No Surrender. 
That the second time in the last few weeks that I've seen an Arab on here resort to that sort of patter. Poor show, not wanted in our rivalry imo.

McCann has made no secret of wanting to build something at Dens. The Miller signing shows he's desperate and, perhaps, because the board have told him he is on notice.