All things Dundee FC

6 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

Anyone remember how old “over the hill” Gordon Smith was when he came across to Dens? Just a few years before I remember but I’ll bet the fans forums were full of posters scratching their heads as to why we offered that has been a deal.

Im willing to bet they really weren't. 

25 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

Anyone remember how old “over the hill” Gordon Smith was when he came across to Dens? Just a few years before I remember but I’ll bet the fans forums were full of posters scratching their heads as to why we offered that has been a deal.
Age is no barrier if you’re fit. You just adapt your style. Kids Boyd was meant to be past it when he joined Killie. Just keep Miller in and around the 18yd box and he’ll score and assist for us.

Was that not in the 40s? :lol:

1 minute ago, Yenitit said:

It was when we relegated St Johnstone....

As always, that happened decades before my parents had even met, I don't care in the slightest :lol:

1 hour ago, dee_62 said:

Age is no barrier if you’re fit. You just adapt your style. Kids Boyd was meant to be past it when he joined Killie. Just keep Miller in and around the 18yd box and he’ll score and assist for us.

Good comparison with Smith, Clough did the same with so called 'has-beens'. I like it.

The chant "YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING!" springs to mind.

Aw aye that would be a great help to the team. Keep boo boys away from Dens, thank you.

I’m quite looking forward to Saturday now to see what he will bring.

6 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Not sure why so many people are getting hung up about Miller’s age.  We need a striker.  He’s available and he’s better than Moussa.  

He is nearly 39. Yes 39

Scored 3 goals for sevco last year. (They create many more chances than a bottom of table Dundee would i reckon)

Fill your boots (for 2 seasons ! haha)

9 minutes ago, flood said:

He is nearly 39. Yes 39

Scored 3 goals for sevco last year. (They create many more chances than a bottom of table Dundee would i reckon)

Stop acting the big lad - you're username is that of the ugliest man in the history of Scottish football.

6 minutes ago, flood said:

He is nearly 39. Yes 39

An over simplification of the situation.  

I kinda get the feeling Miller wasn’t too happy at the way things were at Rangers last year. 

11 minutes ago, flood said:

He is nearly 39. Yes 39

Given his fallout with the manager at Ibrox last season it isn't the best stat to quote for playing career and scoring.

2 hours ago, dee_62 said:

Like Gordon Smith, Kenny Miller has won the Scottish league with two different clubs before arriving at Dens.

No pressure Kenny.