All things Dundee FC

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its really not. Kamara and McGowan aside, there literally no balance at all to your side. Caulker and Meekings both seem utterly devoid of sense when it comes to defending and seem to regularly be caught out of position, all your full back options have severe weaknesses, your only winger, Deacon, is a player I've literally never seen contribute anything and your attacking options are absolutely laughable.

McCann has you under performing, but theres a massive delusion amongst your support about a lot of your players.

I have to agree.

I never got the excitement when we signed Meekings, mainly out of ignorance towards ICT players. However I expected so much more based on peoples reaction to his signing. in reality is is abysmal, and would be the last defender Id pick, the fact he is captain is laughable.

As for Deacon, he looks good until he has to do something, absolutely no final ball or shot 90% of the time.

I'm not so sure changing formations and tactics will make much difference with them, we can't defend, don't create much and don't score, these players simply aren't good enough. McCann has shown his inexperience by his picks, underestimating the league and thinking he can change it. We probably need an old style dinosaur of a manager to organise that lot to have any chance of survival

1 hour ago, Old Pack said:

Dundee should give the pundit until Christmas, you will be safely in the Championship by then.

Met plenty of the St Johnstone boys on here already and their patter is usually up to par. 

You however went for the stock "pish" approach.

"(Team Name) should give (Person Name) until (Arbitrary Date), you/they will be safely in the (Lower Division of Sport) by then.

10/10 will read in every newspaper tomorrow.

Go get Tam or Random. They usually have amusing things to say.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You lot are being linked with Danny Swanson, but apparently Ross County "lead the chase" 

There is a chase for Swanson?

No one can blame the lad for wanting to play for hibs but it was supposed to be his swan song.

Championship is more likely where he is at now. Swanson any managing experience?

Edited by Crawford

2 minutes ago, The Derry Steps said:

I don't think Ross county realise they can only play 4 or 5 midfielders at once.  

We won't be in for him regardless.  

Their squad is mental, their fans still believe it's sustainable though, somehow. 

24 minutes ago, DEEJANGO said:

I’d take Murderers, Rapists, Milk stealers just now as long as they could score goals.

Thank you

DavidGoodwillieBlackburnRovers.JPG.dd2af965b381d083bce62f565b606ac9.JPG

What about all three in one?

Edited by RandomGuy.

4 minutes ago, K.T said:

What the f**k have we done to deserve this?

We give anyone a chance at Dens. It's like one of those half way houses for criminals.

"We know your past (or lack of for McCann) but we will give you a chance anyway".

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Their squad is mental, their fans still believe it's sustainable though, somehow. 

"The Ross County way"

Anyway, what the hell has happened to Meekings? A few seasons ago Warren and Meekings formed arguably one of the best partnerships in Scotland. Whilst Warren has declined with age Meekings should be hitting his prime now but seems to be costing you guys a fair few goals with some bizarre mistakes.

Is he being let down by his partner in defence or is he just not as good as he used to be?

Received a text saying that we are after Thomas Konrad. 

To be honest, I'd be all over that. He's an ideal type of CH for the way McCann is insisting us on playing. Punt Caulker for cash, use it to strengthen our forward line and Konrad would be an excellent ball playing CH. 

As much as I wouldn't want to see it, Dundee fans not wanting to see Swanson sign are off their heads. If fit, in a bottom six team he is the difference between safety/ challenging for top six, and a potential relegation scrap.

He will score goals and carve out opportunities, and going by Saturday he is the cutting edge you are missing.

As Tam said, very few Saints fans were happy when we signed him, but he turned out to be a top player in the league, and easily our best one at the time.  Very entertaining, but with an end product.