All things Dundee FC

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

The manager has to tell him what his game is now, i.e poaching in the 18 yard box. IMO.

That's where the potential for problems come in Imo...

Miller (or his Mrs) aren't known for listening to managers, so I could easily see him just rubbering McCann and then we end up with another Bain style fallout to disrupt the team.

Miller as a goalscorer would be a good idea but combined with Miller as a complete w**k of a human being means I'd rather go with firing him and Moussa into space myself.

15 minutes ago, The Derry Steps said:

People are really remembering the Miller of a few years ago.  He wasn't even the best MIller for Livi this year.  I'll be starting to panic if that's the sort of shite signing we're looking to bring in.  

Surely McCann has known since at least the winter break Moussa has to be replaced.   I think it’s time to panic! 

Edited:  If McCann had brought in a striker that could actually score for the start of the season we would arguably be sitting on 4 points right now. 

Edited by Shadow Play

It shows how badly we're struggling that genuine Dundee fans are encouraging the signing of a striker about to turn 40, with a mediocre at best record over the past few years and a blatant attitude problem. Not only that, but he's being viewed as our potentially best forward player. 

Oft. 

It shows how badly we're struggling that genuine Dundee fans are encouraging the signing of a striker about to turn 40, with a mediocre at best record over the past few years and a blatant attitude problem. Not only that, but he's being viewed as our potentially best forward player. 
Oft. 
yeah thaats a decent summary of how poor our forwards are. you cant deny that, if he came in, he would be the best striker at the club? sad but true.

Personally I'm not a Miller fan - he's kind of a plonker. And his age and his dressing room disruptions are working against him big time, not to mention his possible wage demands.

I will be the first to admit though that right now we are basically praying that Mendy will find some kind of form and that the Finnish Wolf is the real deal because if not we're screwed. We may be left with an attacking strategy that has Elton and Madianga shooting on sight of goal as them twa lads can unleash rockets. 

I think ultimately McCann is going to sign another FA we've never heard of or a loan striker from England.

And none of what I've said above addresses the comedy goals that we give away at the other end. I realize that I'm increasingly in the minority in that I like our manager, his confidence and passion for the club, but I have to admit that he is making some decisions that are alarming and leaves us Dees scratching our heads. 

How the team responds this weekend after the Ayr debacle will be very telling I think.

I think the dressing room disruptions have been overblown. His biggest issue seems to have been with PC at Ibrox and to be fair to Miller the guy did seem like a complete rocket.
I’m against the signing on the basis that to me the guy looks more or less finished.

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Oft. 

He got 3 in 18 last season. Probably a worse GPG than Haber, Leith-Smith and Murray, while playing at a bigger club. 

20 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

So I take if after seeing Kallman first game everyone has decided he won't move us forward?

I agree about Miller he can stay away. I'm sure McCann has targets he has been looking at for a while...

Don't think anyone has seen enough of Kallman to judge yet - his cameo against Ayr isn't probably the best game to judge him on anyway since the rest of the team were utterly pish.

I'm hoping we'll get a better idea of what he can do against the Fermers

56 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He got 3 in 18 last season. Probably a worse GPG than Haber, Leith-Smith and Murray, while playing at a bigger club. 

When you're the voice of reason we've got a problem :lol:.

Some fans are claiming Kallman isn't the answer based on that 45mins which is madness. 

Celtic fans website saying Calvin Miller coming in on loan for the season but fan forums suggest he's "never a left back". 

1 minute ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

When you're the voice of reason we've got a problem :lol:.

Some fans are claiming Kallman isn't the answer based on that 45mins which is madness. 

Celtic fans website saying Calvin Miller coming in on loan for the season but fan forums suggest he's "never a left back". 

It's Miller time today then, Calvin and his dad are signing haha 

We've been linked with him for a while. 

Left winger who Rodgers converted to a LWB, Celtic fans reckon he's miles from being good enough but that's not really proof of anything. We had Darnell Fisher come with similar reviews and after a rough first few months (genuinely some of the worst performances I've ever seen) he settled in and won a move to Preston. 

Be prepared for him to be caught out position a lot.