All things Dundee FC

3 hours ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Big Rab in The Courier today touting the GS move.

If this is the catalyst in bringing him back I'll deepthroat them both.

I love Dundee as much as anyone Mack, but I've got to say that may be a bridge too far.

As far as Rab goes maybe he should be brought back into the fold as a sort of clubhouse enforcer. Players step out of line, players phone it in, players don't listen to and complete the simplest of instructions then ......... they have to deal with Big Rab. Then oor wee man McCann can become the good cop and Rab the bad cop to keep everyone in line. 

Only half kidding about my Douglas suggestion.

34 minutes ago, Den Spark said:

IF that was the Austrian guy wearing No 11 in the reserve game, I wasn't impressed. To be fair, he'd probably just been introduced to his teammates.

And he met his partner up front for the game - one Tunisian mule (that of course scored because it's not proper top flight oppo). The Austrian probably was confused enough understanding our UK born players nevermind having to figure out why a mule was kitted out for a game.

On another note: Did we miss a trick with Tony Watt training with Boyle and McPake and oor young lads for a few days whilst an FA only to apparently show no interest and then have that fat grass Wright sign him up a few weeks later?

I know Watt has baggage, but holy f*ck how could he not be an improvement on Moussa and Mendy. I will say that the jury is still out on Mendy, and I'm hoping like hell that our Finnish Wolf finds his feet.

And he met his partner up front for the game - one Tunisian mule (that of course scored because it's not proper top flight oppo). The Austrian probably was confused enough understanding our UK born players nevermind having to figure out why a mule was kitted out for a game.
On another note: Did we miss a trick with Tony Watt training with Boyle and McPake and oor young lads for a few days whilst an FA only to apparently show no interest and then have that fat grass Wright sign him up a few weeks later?
I know Watt has baggage, but holy f*ck how could he not be an improvement on Moussa and Mendy. I will say that the jury is still out on Mendy, and I'm hoping like hell that our Finnish Wolf finds his feet.

I’d have been happy with the Twatt.

17 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

Kenny Miller getting linked with us on stv sport Twitter. I'd have him

Same here. No running about in midfield, just hang around the box and fucking bury the chance. 

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

With our lack of width, I'd rather we signed a winger  In the games I saw against Dunfermline, Aberdeen and Ayr (St Mirren aside), the problem wasn't that we were missing chances, but that we were creating practically nothing. Having a decent goalscorer makes f**k all difference when that's the case.

5 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

With our lack of width, I'd rather we signed a winger  In the games I saw against Dunfermline, Aberdeen and Ayr (St Mirren aside), the problem wasn't that we were missing chances, but that we were creating practically nothing. Having a decent goalscorer makes f**k all difference when that's the case.

But the games against St mirren and Aberdeen we created  countless chances and had nobody to finish them, it's a definite yes from me 

Same here. No running about in midfield, just hang around the box and fucking bury the chance. 

This isn’t his game for me. The last few seasons his biggest problem has been dropping deep to try and influence the game.

He’s clearly still a decent player at this level but his reputation precedes him, IMO he seems to be a bit of a bad apple and has a history of undermining managers and causing disruption.

4 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

This isn’t his game for me. The last few seasons his biggest problem has been dropping deep to try and influence the game.

He’s clearly still a decent player at this level but his reputation precedes him, IMO he seems to be a bit of a bad apple and has a history of undermining managers and causing disruption.

Moussa’s regular selection and complete lack of ability seriously undermines McCann’s position a lot more than Miller ever could.

14 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

This isn’t his game for me.

The manager has to tell him what his game is now, i.e poaching in the 18 yard box. IMO.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

34 minutes ago, Juantwothree said:

But the games against St mirren and Aberdeen we created  countless chances and had nobody to finish them, it's a definite yes from me 

I'll give you St Mirren, but I think we're deluding ourselves if we're saying that we created 'countless' chances in the Aberdeen game.

6 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

I'll give you St Mirren, but I think we're deluding ourselves if we're saying that we created 'countless' chances in the Aberdeen game.

There was three or four that 'laughing boy' ballooned over the bar.

The manager has to tell him what his game is now, i.e poaching in the 18 yard box. IMO.

That’s all well and good but if he’s not getting touches up front he’s going to drop deep and try and get on the ball. It’s what he does.

I’m not against the signing but I’m not totally for it either.