All things Dundee FC

Succinct.

McCannout.

You are right on the money with this post. The new keeper looks nervous and is poor with the ball at his feet- the centre half pairing was a shambles from the word go- while our best defender/goal keeper sit on the bench. Same with midfield Kamara showed within 30 sec that he was head and shoulders above those picked by McCann. Why not playing?

Pairing of Mendy/Wighton was a tactical master stroke if you were trying to get your jotters. If Kellman scored a hat trick in his last game why not start with him before his confidence gets eroded by the shambles that is now customary at Dens Park.

Moussa - words are not enough (thanks for the memories- I doubt you will play again under NM if he survives).

Plans for new stadiums mean nothing if the core product on display is rank rotten. Act now Mr Nelms.

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Are they in danger of being sold?

No idea...but plenty rumours floating about ...they are our 2 best players by a country mile yet he has them on the bench in a cup game ...they should both be starting every week....Spence before kamara is another sackable offence 

2 minutes ago, K.T said:

Somewhere in the world, Jocky has seen that result and is currently standing over a jet pack covered in cob webs.

It is the year of the Jocky tbf. 

Not even gonna joke for fear of getting slagged, I'd jump at the chance of having Jocky in right now. 

Imagine this.

Your an American owner of a football club paying an former England international centre half £5,000 a week to sit on the bench while meekings and kasunga do their best impersonation of the chuckle brothers (god rest his soul)

I'd fire that c**t tonight before he gets his coat on.

Can anybody explain the thinking behind those tactics today? A central midfield pairing of Spence & Nabi :o 2 wider midfielders that are central midfielders that should’ve been the central 2. Best defender, midfielder  and arguably keeper on the bench. Could argue the entire bench should’ve started the game, about time Lambert was getting a game if he’s a standout week in week out for the development/reserve side. 

ANYCUNT THAT SAYS ON HERE AGAIN THAT GOWSER SHOULD GET BINNED CAN GET TAE f**k!

It is the year of the Jocky tbf. 
Not even gonna joke for fear of getting slagged, I'd jump at the chance of having Jocky in right now. 

I heard Duffy commentating on our game last week. He seemed to be saying what he would do to improve Moussa and Mendy if he was in charge. I’d give the man a chance. Now, I’ll leave the thread for the evening before Jupe shouts at us.

Well that was shite today!

Hamilton has no control of his box and the communication from the centre halfs today was non existent.

Mendy looks piss poor as a striker and everyone looked scared to shoot from outside the box.

This passing it out from the back looks nice at times but it has never worked in Scottish football and he needs to give up on it.

Nabi and Curran looked good going forward in the rare times this happend but what is clear is that they all need to communicate better and have more drive about them.

One good thing about today is that it only took me ten minutes to get home compared to the old 2 and a half hours.

Welcome to more regular games at Dens johnnydun! The boys on here were right, they are fucking dire at home!

Hamilton has no control of his box and the communication from the centre halfs today was non existent.
Mendy looks piss poor as a striker and everyone looked scared to shoot from outside the box.
This passing it out from the back looks nice at times but it has never worked in Scottish football and he needs to give up on it.
Nabi and Curran looked good going forward in the rare times this happend but what is clear is that they all need to communicate better and have more drive about them.
One good thing about today is that it only took me ten minutes to get home compared to the old 2 and a half hours.
Welcome to more regular games at Dens johnnydun! The boys on here were right, they are fucking dire at home!

Just about this.

We’ve made a mistake with Hamilton, we just need to accept that and move on. I also don’t think CW33 is going to make it, no shit Sherlock!

Can’t really be arsed going through the rest but I do think we’ve got the makings of a half decent side. It’s easy to call for McCann’s head tonight, but I’m not going to. If he walks or is punted I’d be fine with that but if he got another 6 games or so to turn the ship around I’d be happy with that too. I actually thought the starting 11 was half decent tbh.

No doubt very controversial but if he’s punted I think we could do worse than Ian McCall. His players seem to play for him and I feel he’s got a bigger job left in him. There was no chance to sing ‘cheer up Ian McCall’ today - he was no doubt pretty cheery.

39 minutes ago, K.T said:

I heard Duffy commentating on our game last week. He seemed to be saying what he would do to improve Moussa and Mendy if he was in charge. I’d give the man a chance. Now, I’ll leave the thread for the evening before Jupe shouts at us.

Jim Duffy is genuinely good at coaching centre-backs into improved versions of themselves but is stinking in every other area; he'd relegate Dundee from the top flight without breaking sweat. 

For that reason, he gets my seal of approval for the job. 

Playing out from the back looks nice but it's to slow with no impetus in getting forward,needs to be played at a higher tempo do we have the players that can do that results suggest we don't.