All things Dundee FC

NM won't sign another striker imo, I have a feeling he had missed out on a few this summer and has ran out of options. If he does add one it'll be a Diddy from down south like ajay 
i hate to be pessimistic but i also think this. i hope we are made to shut our mouths

9 hours ago, Juantwothree said:

NM won't sign another striker imo, I have a feeling he had missed out on a few this summer and has ran out of options. If he does add one it'll be a Diddy from down south like ajay 

You'd have thought when he signed that Nabi boy, after trialling him for a month, and deciding to end the trial without a contract, would've shown he's reached desperation levels. 

Maybe just how I see it.. 

You'd have thought when he signed that Nabi boy, after trialling him for a month, and deciding to end the trial without a contract, would've shown he's reached desperation levels. 
That didn't happen - he stayed in Dundee continuously, living with the squad, and just took a game on a Saturday where we couldn't play him (due to playing in the cup).

He does look quite promising from his cameo tbh so I think the short term deal is pretty sensible business.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is that the Adil Nabi who coincidentally has a contract and came on at halftime and had a very decent game?  :huh:

15 minutes ago, Yenitit said:

Is that the Adil Nabi who coincidentally has a contract and came on at halftime and had a very decent game?  :huh:

I think the point he was making was McCann said no and let him go and then ultimately said okay.

Just like he said no to taking the job then a week later went okay.

Wonder if he genuinely has a plan and then at the last second changes his mind. Seems to happen a bit.

17 minutes ago, Crawford said:

I think the point he was making was McCann said no and let him go and then ultimately said okay.

Just like he said no to taking the job then a week later went okay.

Wonder if he genuinely has a plan and then at the last second changes his mind. Seems to happen a bit.

To be fair, he never once said no to Nabi. He kept him the whole pre-season even taking him to Portugal with the squad. 

He appeared in a friendly for St Mirren on a night we were in LC action. He was back with our squad the next day. 

Boy was hunting for employment, it's like me attending an interview for somewhere whilst currently working as a temp elsewhere waiting to see if I'll receive a contract. Nothing wrong was done by either party. 

Starting to think we have our lot.

I think the squad quality is better this year but a few injuries and we are toast.

I think McCann needs to address tactics and formation now and find something that suits the squad and not his preference. Yes out from the back is pretty but we need to be willing to win ugly.

Someone up with moussa I think will make a difference but to put someone forward will leave us more vulnerable at the back too. 

Anyone any ideas?

Dundee Colts v Well Colts in next round of Irn Bru Cup. Not inconceivable that our youths could win and then be playing for a place in the Quarters of a UK wide tourney. Bizarre.

Wouldn't it be funny if the quarters ended up as the Dark Blue Laddies v The Tadgerines? If either got through of course.
Would that count as a real Derby, our Colts against the Day Glo first team?
Here's hoping.....

44 minutes ago, Chateau Lafite said:

Wouldn't it be funny if the quarters ended up as the Dark Blue Laddies v The Tadgerines? If either got through of course.
Would that count as a real Derby, our Colts against the Day Glo first team?
Here's hoping.....

These dayglo arseholes would field a full strength side for that one. You could bet your mortgage on it.