All things Dundee FC

Doesn't look anywhere near ready to me. Total deer in the headlights. Moussa'd an absolute sitter from about 2 yards out vs Dunfermline as well. Definitely needs to go on loan for a season or two in the Championship.
took me a second or 2 to work out if it was matty or moussa you were talking about

6 hours ago, velo army said:

I had the same thoughts and I put it to my United fan pal. He was, of course, against a groundshare, but his reaction was an emotional one. Nobody wants to move out of a beloved stadium where you’ve made memories. And yes, there is rivalry, of course.

But surely you could get over that if it meant having a more successful team on the pitch.  

What are the objections to this aside from just not wanting to share with United?

I think the assumption that there is a practical route to an equivalent groundshare where both teams have the same proportion of financial growth attached is something that actually becomes quite challenging when you look at any scenario over the past few decades where there has been an opening for it to happen.

Right now, there's a company called Dark Blue Holdings set up who are owned by the Dundee owner who has just been in the press today talking about how he intends Dundee to be the main beneficiary of the stadium project. If United wanted involved in that, Keyes would likely offer a lease agreement to try and maximise the long-term viability of the project (assuming the initial funds are not a problem - as has appeared the case so far with everything we've seen and heard being very non dundee like) and any shares that United could try and obtain from the holding company could very easily be dwarfed by Keyes Capital. This scenario basically puts United out of their home and at the behest of the Dundee owners with no real assets to show from it.

Similarly, when it has been mooted in the past with Dundee's financial problems, it's been to play at a ground where rent is going to United who have free reign to set it at whatever level they want (or else, we can play in Perth). This may have reduced United's overheads but it certainly wouldn't have lowered ours and the idea that we'd be paying less in upkeep isn't logical when you consider how many cards United would hold.

The only scenario I could see it working and being a good venture for both clubs is if they get involved together on day 1 and we're both an equal amount of mess that we both pretty much need life support from local authority to get something done. We're not in an ideal situation (still no assets to our name which makes us poorer on paper than almost every club in the country in assets) and United seem even worse but at least both clubs can assert the majority of control over where they play at the moment (as they aren't worth much else other than their current state as football stadiums). We've seen these complex ownership issues arise down south (Coventry for example) and it isn't pretty when it kicks off.

Edited by harry94
always get Keys/Keyes mixed up

Anyone who signs Coulibaly owes Al Ahly over £1m to sign him. 

Don’t see how that is considering he doesn’t play for them anymore and surely you can’t force a club to pay money that for a player they don’t have, even if it’s compensation he was less than 6 months there

2 minutes ago, The Derry Steps said:

Shut yer daft pus

Hope you've got your big plastic bib on properly, that drivel will ruin your laptop otherwise.

1 minute ago, D TOTAL said:

Don’t see how that is considering he doesn’t play for them anymore and surely you can’t force a club to pay money that for a player they don’t have, even if it’s compensation he was less than 6 months there

He left them without warning or permission, and refused to ever play for them again. 

Fifa ruled in Al Ahly favour when they took him to court, and £1.2m seemed to the figure he has to pay them before he's allowed to be registered at another professional club. 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He left them without warning or permission, and refused to ever play for them again. 

Fifa ruled in Al Ahly favour when they took him to court, and £1.2m seemed to the figure he has to pay them before he's allowed to be registered at another professional club. 

Oh dear...

can anyone remember the circumstances around stephen mcginn leaving us? i vaguely remember he wanted to try his luck down south? is that correct? only asking as ive just watched sportscene again and he was excellent. again.

Any other Dees becoming increasingly pissed off watching Celtic determinedly ruin Hendry? Ok, he's no longer our player so in reality it shouldn't matter, but it's annoying watching a young Scottish player who showed a ton of potential being thrown to the wolves.

23 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Any other Dees becoming increasingly pissed off watching Celtic determinedly ruin Hendry? Ok, he's no longer our player so in reality it shouldn't matter, but it's annoying watching a young Scottish player who showed a ton of potential being thrown to the wolves.

Once he pulled on the Green and White he became dead to us IMO

He's a far better player than what were seeing just now....just typical Celtic though buy any decent young player and ruin their career ... he'll be away out on loan asap then fanny about at a few teams then end up at a backwater English 3rd division club...their fans fucking hate him.

14 hours ago, kevthedee said:
15 hours ago, Crawford said:

Eau rouge and raidillon have to be the greatest part of any f1 track,big balls to keep that peddle floored.

Couldn't agree more. How many are going to get wiped out on lap one at La source? 

Hoping for a dry one just to see them push it. Dying to get out there one year to watch it. 

39 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Watched last night and he looked fairly anonymous which baffled me. He was ever present for us.

I'd have him back on loan tah.

We can add him to a list which includes Allan, Christie etc who are probably not good enough to cope with the level Celtic hope to be playing at but would be a starter at every other Scottish club...gets on my tits why they keep doing this then complain about no competition in Scotland.

42 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

How are they ruining him? They've signed him and given him loads of opportunities to play - usually Celtic are attacked from signing players and not playing them.

The critique does seem a little bit harsh to me at times (he's not been good but you'd think he's been making multiple horrific blunders from the way he's being spoken about) but if he's going to be a good player, he's going to have to have games like that and take the shite that comes. The raw attributes are there and Rodgers does seem to like him so I think he's got to use this year to get himself up to scratch. As much as we like to think our players will step up levels comfortably, there really is a massive difference and we didn't exactly have the best defensive record on paper to begin with!

54 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

It looks fairly obvious to me from the outside that he’s the scapegoat. The homegrown Celts are to blame for the 1st goal then at the 2nd goal no one competes for the 2nd ball after Hendry got beat in the air, yet it’s him getting the criticism. 

Jack’s a Celtic fan, I wonder what his thoughts are of his fellow ‘best supporters in the world’ now after all the abuse he’s getting. 

Edited by Yenitit

We typically play a more controlled game than Celtic (we don't have their fire power up front) and that may have helped Hendry with us.  If Celtic are in the mood they will attack with everything which puts huge pressure on isolated defenders.  I doubt Hendry has ever had to deal with that kind of scenario and to be brutally honest is being found out, however unfair people might think it.  It isn't just last night; their fans are no different from any other in watching players and how they fail to pick up when they should be marking, decision making etc.  Hendry has impressed few in his new team.

4 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

We typically play a more controlled game than Celtic (we don't have their fire power up front) and that may have helped Hendry with us.  If Celtic are in the mood they will attack with everything which puts huge pressure on isolated defenders.  I doubt Hendry has ever had to deal with that kind of scenario and to be brutally honest is being found out, however unfair people might think it.  It isn't just last night; their fans are no different from any other in watching players and how they fail to pick up when they should be marking, decision making etc.  Hendry has impressed few in his new team.

He’s been very good in the games he’s played for Scotland tho. Him and McKenna look a great pairing plus Hendry’s breaking out from the back with the ball like he did for us. 

That second goal comes from Brown just ditching his man and leaving him to get a run on Hendry.  I must say it was very pleasing to watch. 

Brown's a cock who thinks he's a hard man that runs the show,in reality he's a pussy that complains when he gets tackled,fucking shitebag.